PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good wakeboard?

NOTALENT
08-27-2003, 10:05 AM
I have been riding for this summer I am decent but Its time for a good board now. I currently have a Hyperlite Cruiser but I have to step it up. Any suggestions?

Coach
08-27-2003, 10:39 AM
There are a lot of variables that are factored in when picking a board or bindings. The size of the board is dictated by your weight. Your riding style will dictate the type of board shape you want. I have a Parks 143 which I love. I like it because it cuts hard and really digs in when turning. The 3 stage rocker is nice but I don't get enough air yet to really notice a difference from a continuous rocker. Some boards will break away easier than others. The fin configuration will determine that. Go to Wake World (http://www.wakeworld.com) and look under the boards section to the left they have makers and review on all the boards. They also have a wizard to help pick a board for you.

NOTALENT
08-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the tip Coach. After going to Wakeworld and researching all the brands and models I figured out what I am goint to buy in fact I have found some on ebay for half the price still in the packaging.
In case your interested Im going with the Hyperlite Premier 140DNA Board and the Hyperlite Parks bindings. Cant wait till I get them to try them out. Hopefully by this weekend. Thanks again later.

Caribbean Jet
08-27-2003, 12:35 PM
My brother in law rented a couple of different boards to try at Sport Chalet. They had some nice high end boards as well as mid range. He said that helped him make his decision. Hate to spend a lot of money on something you don't like. Good Luck

roln 20s
08-27-2003, 01:39 PM
I rode the Shaun Murray Hyperlite 137 since 1997, but just recently I snapped it in half. Hyperlite does make a real nice board.
However, my bro is very very good at boarding and is a huge liguid force fan. He rides the super squirt! I can't cuz its a little too small, and way too fast. Killer rails! He has riden almost every brand out there, and still loves that board.
Other nice boards I know of are: CWB, Bad Ass, and I forgot who, but someone here on the boards is starting a wakeboard company to.
IMO- bindings are the key. I have always used the Hyperlite pro wraps (from 1997) but also like the Soulbound bindings and the CWB's.
No matter what, a nice board will cost you some cash, so just spend the right amount a get a board that will last. Thats what I did and I got 7 seasons out of it. I'm happy.
Roln 20s

Trailer Park Casanova
08-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Sports Challet has been running a sale on the HO 135 Revelation.
HO is made by Hyperlite.
Excellent bindings/boots included.
Great intermediate to advanced board.
$249, normally $499.
They still may have some in stock.
My son got one a few weeks back, outstanding.
A great carring case is $29 from Overtons http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939P8270046-med.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939P8260041-med.JPG son on his HO Revelation
[img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/939P8260045-med.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939P8230029-med.JPG
Daughter just in from wakeboarding, heading out to the club in Parker
My 89lb daughter rides a 129 Belmont. Unbelievably light Wakeboard. She does all the tricks, loves the handeling & and gets big air.
So 150lb son rides a 135 Revelation. Gets big air, has good handeling
[ August 27, 2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

SchellSchock
08-27-2003, 03:08 PM
TPC...
I have been riding a Hyperlite Premier 138 at 198#s it does require a little more boat speed to than my old BS 140. It is a nice board though and I saw an immediate improvement in my riding. IMHO you should go to a Wakeboard shop and tell them what you think you need. They all will give suggestions and will "Demo" a Board for a nominal rental fee which will apply to any purchase you make with them. I tried at least 4 boards before I plopped down the Big bucks they want for these things. Also try different bindings...I personally recommend the "Splits"...they are adjustable but have Velcro at top and bottom to lock you in.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-27-2003, 03:48 PM
SchellSchock:
TPC...
IMHO you should go to a Wakeboard shop and tell them what you think you need. They all will give suggestions and will "Demo" a Board for a nominal rental fee which will apply to any purchase you make with them. I tried at least 4 boards before I plopped down the Big bucks they want for these things. Also try different bindings.. I agree, fly before you buy.
Be careful of the rental toward purchase offer at Mike Macks in Parker. The prices there are way way outta line.

NashvilleBound
08-27-2003, 05:58 PM
My son has been riding the generic Black Widow that weighs a ton. He is 12yo and weighs about 100+/-lbs.
Anyone have anything used you want to sell off??? He needs something to start doing tricks with. The HO sounds like a good deal but $250 is alot of coin for a board...for us poor folk. :rolleyes: e mail me if anyone does...please.