PDA

View Full Version : Will D&S Interior Pull through?

novaguy
07-23-2003, 10:04 AM
Well, today is the big day. After several months of being at their El Cajon shop and a bunch of empty promises, Sal said it will be completed and ready to pick up today. Wes (Froggystyle), I wish you luck in picking up my boat. Anyone want to bet if my boat will be ready or not? I will keep my fingers crossed.

Brendella
07-23-2003, 10:22 AM
I BET NOT :D

HavasuDreamin'
07-23-2003, 10:30 AM
Brendella:
I BET NOT :D Same

SCUBA STEVE
07-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Have some faith...... Who am I kidding, nope it wont be done. frown

Boozer
07-23-2003, 10:42 AM
I'll bet if Wes walks in toting a sawed off it'll get done if not when he gets there maybe within an hour or so..

novaguy
07-23-2003, 11:03 AM
Damn fellas, you guys are cracking me up. I have faith, but with all the empty promises it seems to be ridiculous. I guess I'll wait to hear from Wes since it's only noon.

ROZ
07-23-2003, 11:14 AM
You'd think that a paying customer's job would be a get it in and out type thing...Collecting on net terms from the builders they deal with can sometimes suck.....Actually allnet term collections suck

Warlock28
07-23-2003, 11:14 AM
Good Luck!!
:D :D :D

novaguy
07-23-2003, 11:17 AM
ROZ:
You'd think that a paying customer's job would be a get it in and out type thing...Collecting on net terms from the builders they deal with can sometimes suck.....Actually allnet term collections suck Chris, what you talkin about Willis? You lost me :confused:

Hermosa
07-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Plese post us with lots of photos, we would love to see this boats transformation... Good luck with Sal...
Sal = Scumbag

TPI
07-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Not in a million years, will it be finished. On a positive note: It will be done sometime tonight while your friend supervises and oversees the whole operation. I have seen it happen EVERY time.
Good Luck

Jetboatguru
07-23-2003, 12:29 PM
I hope the bill is not
"REVISED"

Cs19
07-23-2003, 12:30 PM
hows the motor coming nova? or is it done?

ROZ
07-23-2003, 12:33 PM
novaguy:
ROZ:
You'd think that a paying customer's job would be a get it in and out type thing...Collecting on net terms from the builders they deal with can sometimes suck.....Actually allnet term collections suck Chris, what you talkin about Willis? You lost me :confused: Many businesses offer net terms...Basically extending credit for a given time. net 30 means they pay within 30 days... More often then not, businesses take their time to pay...Net 30 ends up being like 45 days...,etc.
I have a Honda dealer on net30. They pay but it's more like 75 days....It sucks hounding these guys for money...
If I have the chance to sneek a cash job in I would. You get paid a deposit and the remainder as soon as it's done.
walk in customer = gettin paid now
b2b on terms = getting paid later if at all
You be walk in customer Mr. Drummond :D
BTW, hows the baby?????!!!!

TPI
07-23-2003, 12:37 PM
Jetboatguru:
I hope the bill is not
"REVISED" Thats No Joke. I saw that happen to a dude once, he was pretty angry at the revised bill.

novaguy
07-23-2003, 01:25 PM
CS19- The motor is done, just waiting to be dyno'ed (Don't worry after HBJETS post of his dyno results, I won't go through that drama on the boards)
Roz- Chris, the baby is awesome...thanks for asking...she is finally letting me sleep a little longer at night.
Hermosa- I will definately post some pics of it when I get it back (of course I can't promise you when, but hopefully sometime this year)
As far as the bill being "revised", I don't know why it would be. I have not changed or added anything since I dropped it off to Wes. As far as I am concerned, I should be getting paid :D for all the stress he is putting me through. In any case, I know the quality will be great. How could they mess up on all white interior with burgandy "Eliminator" embroidered on the seats?

Boozer
07-23-2003, 02:01 PM
They could put it backwards or vertical or soemthing like that. Randys interior was pretty basic but they f'd it up anyways.

SCUBA STEVE
07-23-2003, 03:40 PM
ULTRA28:
Sorry to report that your boat is not done. I just walked next door to see it. Carpet and headliner only. Call me a rookie but I thought only cars had headliners. :confused:

Cs19
07-23-2003, 03:42 PM
i dont blame you nova guy for not posting the dyno numbers. shoot me a pm when you get your dyno numbers, im a believer. :D

SCUBA STEVE
07-23-2003, 03:48 PM
gotcha, I didnt think of that. :confused:

TPI
07-23-2003, 04:18 PM
Damn those bastards at D&S, This was one time I wanted to be wrong!

DickDanger
07-23-2003, 04:37 PM
When did you drop it off there? And is this a new boat, or one that you have had for a while??? -DD Out

novaguy
07-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Wow, thanks Ultra28. I thank you for going over to check on it. The carpet and headliner have been done for quite some time now. My question is, what do I do? That's legal anyway :D . The way my day has been going, I am not surprised by this news. It has been one of those days frown

novaguy
07-23-2003, 04:41 PM
DickDanger:
When did you drop it off there? And is this a new boat, or one that you have had for a while??? -DD Out It's not a new boat. I dropped it off in March.

DickDanger
07-23-2003, 04:47 PM
Actually, I have posted this before, and will post it again. I had mine done in December, and they had the entire boat done in under a week. Why did you wait until the beginning of boating season to get this done? I am sure that you gotta know that spring/summer is their busiest time? I am not sticking up for anyone that makes promises that they cant keep, but next time, save yourself some anxiety, and get it done in the off season. Good luck on getting your boat back sometime soon. -DD Out

HBjet
07-23-2003, 05:01 PM
Well, I'm not surprised!
John, that's cool of you to go check out Novguy's boat and thanks for being honest with him. I would believe that it will be another 3-5 weeks considering the state it's in now.
Who to blame? Well, it would be easy to just blame John West (Ultra28) because he's selling to many boats right? :D :D :D
But, when it comes down to it, they shouldn't be taking orders they can't fill. Period! You guys all know the story on my interior, and if anything happens to it (get's a cut or something) I would much rather buy that $19.95 "As Seen on TV" repair gadget before taking it back to D&S.
As for what to do.... I don't know. What about setting the shop on fire? burningm Actually, you can just take your boat somewhere else and pay for what they have already completed, or you can just wait it out knowing the work will be excellent quality, but just make sure you go over all of the details (stripe order) while your there to make sure EVERYTHING is right!
Good Luck!
HBjet

novaguy
07-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks for your responses. DD, the reason I took it in March is because I was waiting for the insurance to pay me since it was stolen. Wes is doing the rigging and suggested D&S for the interior. No one is to blame, it's just a plain fact that D&S in El Cajon runs their shop poorly and being that they are busy with work from Ultra, they could care less about anyone else or their reputation. Wes has been very understating and apologetic about this, and I thank him for his honesty and commitment on the project. Now if John would just let me borrow a 21' Deck until my boat is done, I would be happy :D :D . I'm just gonna let it ride, I guess, and hope that I will at least be able to go boating once this year.

DickDanger
07-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Well, I know all about empty promises, and have been down that road many a time. I know that I took a piece into Danny Jr. before the fire at the shop, and when I went to pick it up at his house (thats where they are working right now, outside with no A/C I might add), he told me that he hadnt had a day off in months, and you could see that he was getting close to burnout. I like Danny Jr, cos he has always treated me straight. Whoever keeps telling the customers "Yeah, yeah, we can do it for you, no problem" is overloading his workers with WAY too much work that cant possibly be done in a reasonable time. I feel for ya. -DD Out
[ July 23, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

TPI
07-23-2003, 07:25 PM
Nova,
Was your boat supposed to be done today? If so, what you need to do is go babysit them if you want it done. I used to have to do it on everyboat that I had delivered there. If I did not send a babysitter or take the time off to babysit them myself, IT DID NOT GET DONE, PERIOD! They do pretty good work, but they just cannot produce a boat interior on delivery day without some kind of a problem. The squeaky wheel will get the grease. Good Luck

Kilrtoy
07-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Go pick up your shit and tell him to fu@# off. All you hear about the placce is complaints and even a top manufacture has issues with them. If everyone stops going there, we will get shit done quick, Cuz that person will be his only business........

novaguy
07-23-2003, 10:40 PM
GT- Good idea, however I live in Upland and the boat is in El Cajon. Unless I pay Wes to "babysit", it aint gonna happen.
Kilrtoy- Wes E-mailed me today and said that most of the stuff is done, just not put together yet. I'm just gonna ride it out and hope for the best. Wes is optomistic that it will be ready by next week. Apparently his brother Danny is down there and helping him finish the boat. The thing about Wes holding up Sal because of a speaker grill is B.S.

Steamin' Rice
07-24-2003, 08:23 AM
ULTRA28:
......Next time try Designer marine in Corona I guess. About 7-8 years ago I took a boat to designer marine to get an interior built and they did a great job. It was a new, bare hull that was fully rigged except no interior. I gave them some pics of interiors that I liked and told them a few specific things that I wanted done. Two weeks after dropping my boat off I came to pick it up and it was 100% complete and they did a great job, even adding a few extra items that I didn't think to ask for. My bill was what we had agreed on and I didn't have any problems with the interior after owning the boat for about 6 seasons. I would take another boat to them for interior work.