PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys do when the finance guy from the dealership calls the day after?

malcolm
08-18-2003, 08:36 PM
You know the drill, a day or two later they always call wanting more money down or something. My mother-in-law isn't made of money, but wanted a new car. She went in to the local Kia dealer and picked up a Spectra (nice name I thought). Now they call her up and say, "we messed up on the contract and forgot to add the interest on your payments". Now they want her back in there to write up a new contract. They want to raise her payments like $50 for their screw up. Anyone have any good horror stories about stuff like this?

bigerich
08-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Never heard of that load of BS. But I would think if she has a legit contract that they could not MAKE her change it....... But others will surely know better.

Ntwotrance
08-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Had a dealer try that crap with me, i told him I'd see him in court as we had a binding contract....

BajaMike
08-18-2003, 08:45 PM
In California, the contract is final...your mom can't change it, and the dealer can't without her consent. I don't know the law in Washington, but I would tell her not to sign a new one.
I was a finance manager/sales manager at a new car dealer in California. When the finance company would not approve a contract we had signed over the weekend when the finance company was not open, we would try to talk (or intimidate) the customer in to coming in and signing a new contract. There was no way to force them to do it.
If the customer would not come in, the dealership owner would have to sign a full recourse agreement (basicly, the dealer is guaranteeing the contract...they hate to do that) to place the contract with the finance company.
I'm sure they did not "forget to add the interest on the contract". They just wrote the interest rate too low and the finance company did not approve it at that rate. It's the dealers problem..not your moms.
As I said, I don't know the law in Washington, but I would have her not sign a new contract if the law is the same.
boxed
Mike
[ August 18, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: BajaMike ]

mike37
08-18-2003, 08:47 PM
malcolm:
You know the drill, a day or two later they always call wanting more money down or something. My mother-in-law isn't made of money, but wanted a new car. She went in to the local Kia dealer and picked up a Spectra (nice name I thought). Now they call her up and say, "we messed up on the contract and forgot to add the interest on your payments". Now they want her back in there to write up a new contract. They want to raise her payments like $50 for their screw up. Anyone have any good horror stories about stuff like this? she has a legit contract tell her to call them
and tell them thats there problem and they need to do deal with it see wat they say dont let them
push here around
you may end up paying the extra 50 buck a month
I had somthing like that hapen to me as a kid
told them to deal with it on there end im not paying any more and they did
good luck
mike

Mrs.909er
08-18-2003, 08:48 PM
When we bought our trailer...they tried to call us back the next week saying the bank needed more money down....etc. We said that we did not have anymore money....and Mike Thompsons had to eat the extra money....Oh well.....I do not understand why they don't try to figure everything out before you sign all the papers and leave. :confused:

Hallett
08-18-2003, 08:50 PM
TELL THEM TO POUND SALT
I DONT THINK THEY CAN MAKE
HER PAY MOOR. BUT THEY WILL TRY.

Kilrtoy
08-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Exactly what Baja Mike said,
THEIR IS NO COOLING OFF PERIOD. Remember that big sign in the room and the paperwork that you signed saying so.
They tried that same bullshit on the wife and I.
So I called the DMV investigations section, asked for the head person in charge, got his name.
I then called the dealership back after they threatened the wife with repo and said I spoke to so snd so and I have a meeting later that day top file a complaint against the dealership. Needless to say the sales manager called back and said he was sorry everything was fixed...

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Malcolm,this practice is known in the business as"spotting"someone a car.The most common practice is telling someone it will"take a couple days"to consumate the deal then letting them take the car home.After a few days they call and tell you there's been a hangup.They drop the increased interest bomb or whatever.Did she sign a contract?If so she needs to call the sales manager and tell him she already has a contract,thanks.If it was a verbal agreement she needs to go to the dealer and tell them that either they stand by the original terms or they get the car back.If they call her bluff(and this takes guts)she needs to give them the keys back on the spot and walk out.

BajaMike
08-18-2003, 08:54 PM
Mrs.909er:
....I do not understand why they don't try to figure everything out before you sign all the papers and leave. :confused: Most of these deals are done on weekends when the finance companies are not open....the dealer finance managers usually know what the finance companies will accept....but sometimes they guess wrong and the sales managers and salesmen are always pushing to make the deal....trying to give the monthly payment and down payment to the customer that will make the deal that day.
Sometimes they guess wrong...but they are stuck..not the customer.
Mike
argue

Hallett19
08-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Here is my situation followed by my dad's explanation as to why it happened, its an old trick used by car dealers. I drive my 2000 Expedition off the lot with 3500 down and 0.9% financing. The day after, a Saturday, the dealer calls and says I need to come back, they didnt put the window registration on, oh, and they had some bad news about my financing, how convenient. I tell them I will call them back and that I was busy, they kept asking me where I was, 5 times they asked me :D I hang up the phone, knowing something was fishy, I was at my dads house, so he tells me they "rolled" me the car. Knowing its a new car, they let it go for a GREAT rate, without approving your loan, also ASSUMING you arent going to put a ton of miles on it. So my dad tells me to call them back and tell them I am in Vegas, they will flip their lids. Sure as hell, the guy starts freaking out !!! Telling me he will drive to vegas to put the sticker on the car, telling me not to move. "Rolling" a car to someone is something like this, let the car go off the lot, let them drive it around town for the weekend, chances are they will just put a few miles on it. Come monday, their rate wont get approved, so you have 2 choices, bring the car back and they sell it as a demo and loose a thousand or so on the next sale, OR, you cough up the extra money. In my situation, lets say I really didnt approve for the 0.9%, after telling them I had put over 300 miles on the car (I took delivery with 6 miles on it) my 0.9% was automatically approved, they had to approve me, they cant take that car back, and they are at huge risk for letting me drive off w/o that sticker, sale was final over the phone while I was really in pasadena and the car only had 17 miles on it at that point :D I might have left out a few details, but that is basically how it goes.

Kilrtoy
08-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Guys are a bunch of crooks,
I tried to buy a 50th ann corvette.
So the sales clown tells me its gonna be alot of cash down I said WOW, to bad the **** didnt know I was paying cash.
So I pick the car which was for the wifes and I anniver.. The clown now tells me 25,000 down and 1000 a month for 60 months, I'm no rocket scientist but that is 85,000. Now mind you the car was only 48 out the door. So I tell the kid, figure out the real numbers and call me. Needless to say he called a few days later and said that was it. Jerk off lost his cash sale.
Bottom line I really didnt want the car, but the wife does. Thank God I told her the story and she said ****'em, and drug me down to the bike shop and bought me a bike instead.....

malcolm
08-18-2003, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. She did sign a contract, so I think she's got them right where she wants 'em. We talked to her a few minutes ago and she is ready to hand the keys over if need be. :)

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 09:26 PM
Good for her.You(or someone else)needs to go with her to back her up.I bet the dealer folds.I was just reading an online story about another KIA dealer who did the same thing.If it turns into a fiasco don't hesitate to ask to speak with the GENERAL manager of the dealership.Don't mess with the sales manager,his job is to sell cars too.It might help to get any info you can off the dealer's website in relationship to their customer satisfaction poilicies,rules or procedures.Print them out and take them with you to stick in the GM's face.The sooner the dealer realizes you're not a rollover the sooner they will stop wasting your time.

BajaMike
08-18-2003, 09:28 PM
malcolm:
"she is ready to hand the keys over if need be. :) That's the best attitude to take....the last thing they want is to take the car back...that will cost them more money then making the signed contract work.
Mike
pig_flyi

MagicMtnDan
08-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Next time she talks to the dealer have her ask them that, after she signed the contract and took the car home, if she felt like she paid too much could she come down and get them to take some money off the monthly payment?
After they stop laughing and saying "no" she can tell them well then I'm not coming down because you didn't add enough to my payment.
Effem!

Kilrtoy
08-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Next time she talks to the dealer have her ask them that, after she signed the contract and took the car home, if she felt like she paid too much could she come down and get them to take some money off the monthly payment?
NICE..... eek! :D :p

malcolm
08-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Yep, the wife is going to be there with her. She likes the idea of surfing their web site for info. My family has nicknamed my wife "pitbull", so I feel sorry about the hard time the whole store is going to have tomorrow around 4:30(well, not really). :D

HM
08-18-2003, 09:51 PM
Same deal happened to my nieghbor's son. He just got back from Iraq and went and bought a sweet 3/4 ton Cheby 4x4 on 20's with 38's - was very sick!
The dealer called them on Monday with the ol' interest rate story, and mom, dad, and the son were in a major panick! I asked him if he signed a contract and he says yah - I told him that they can threaten all they want, but the deal was signed and delivered. Luckily, our other neigbor is an RV salesman and told them the same thing and called the dealer for them and had the dealer appologize to them.

comin' unscrewed
08-19-2003, 06:17 AM
Kilrtoy:
Exactly what Baja Mike said,
THEIR IS NO COOLING OFF PERIOD. Remember that big sign in the room and the paperwork that you signed saying so.
They tried that same bullshit on the wife and I.
So I called the DMV investigations section, asked for the head person in charge, got his name.
I then called the dealership back after they threatened the wife with repo and said I spoke to so snd so and I have a meeting later that day top file a complaint against the dealership. Needless to say the sales manager called back and said he was sorry everything was fixed... Regardless of what else you do, I'd suggest you actually call your DMV investigations section and file a complaint.

NorCal Gameshow
08-19-2003, 06:20 AM
if she likes the car and the price, why give the keys back?? f'em, they made the deal...

Dribble
08-19-2003, 06:37 AM
I'd like to see her try and unwind the deal if because she changed her mind or didn't like the terms. They would laugh her out of the dealership. She should tell them to read all of their signs and disclaimers stating that "All Sales Are Final" "No Cooling Off Period", and all ther rest. I say screw em.
[ August 19, 2003, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Dribble ]

Boozer
08-19-2003, 06:41 AM
Dealers have tried this shit on me two times. A few things I have learned to do to make sure they don't **** you as a result.
When I bought my first car by myself the dealer worked a deal with me that came out nicely I had the car for 4 days when they call me back and say "Sorry your credit union wouldn't approve the loan amount we submited to them you'll need to come up with more money down or take our interest rate through our bank." 18.9% my credit union was giving me 6.25%. I told him no more money down and he better make the deal work through my bank. He said if I don't agree to his terms he's take the car back and charge me $75 a day and $.50 a mile and they'd deduct it from the down payment money I gave them. He also made the threat that I wouldn't be able to buy a car anywhere else because they had run my credit check so many times nobody would finance me. At which point I made him aware that they agreed to hold my check for 30 days and if they cash it any sooner they are in direct breech of contract if they don't make the deal work I'd cancel the check and deliver the car through the front windows of their dealership. Needless to say he replied "Let me see what I can do I'll call you back sometime tomorrow." He called me back 15 minutes later saying they were knocking an additional $1,000 off the car and giving me the extended warranty at their cost.
When I bought my Durango they tried doing the same shit again but only this time it was the interest rate they tried screwing me on and tried the same shit as the other dealer with the whole well we will charge you this money from your down payment BS. Told them the same thing I told the other dealer and got the original deal.
It's BS you have to go through that crap with them but that is how it goes.

BIGTYME
08-19-2003, 07:53 AM
baja mike or anybody else,
Is it true that you can get a better deal on a car if it is the last day of the month/last day of the quarter? ( say sept. 31) Do you have any secrets as to the best time to get a good deal? Thanks!
[ August 19, 2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: BIGTYME ]

Boozer
08-19-2003, 08:05 AM
Last day of the 1/4 so august 31st that way their revenue is higher for the 1/4.

Essex502
08-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Tell the dealer: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/images/smilies/fingerboid.gif

Dave C
08-19-2003, 08:22 AM
Malcolm
Tell the dealer to drop dead. You got a signed contract. end of story. They are going to have to eat-it.
They shouldn't have signed it if they were not authorized, so you should tell them that you expect them to live up to their end of the contract.
Would they let you out of the contract if you forgot to make a payment? No, they would not.
Send the "pitbull" and don't put up with any crap!

BajaMike
08-19-2003, 08:22 AM
BIGTYME:
baja mike or anybody else,
Is it true that you can get a better deal on a car if it is the last day of the month/last day of the quarter? ( say sept. 31) Do you have any secrets as to the best time to get a good deal? Thanks! Yes, it's true....the last day of the month or the quarter...especially right before closing time on the evening of the last day of the month.
The reason, all the salesmen and managers are paid on about the 10th of the month for the deals they close the month before (they might get a draw or advance on the 25th of the month, but that is an advance of what they get on the 10th of the following month). Also, they get bonuses for the number of cars they sell in a month (sometimes the salesman with the fewest cars sold will be fired each month---nice business, huh?)
Because of that, they all work their asses off to make those last minute deals, because the cash will be in thier pockets in just 10 days and it bumps up their car count for the month.
Also, the dealership is rewarded by the manufacturer, with incentives, holdbacks and car allotments, based on number of cars sold per month and per quarter.
smile_sp
Mike
[ August 19, 2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: BajaMike ]

Ntwotrance
08-19-2003, 08:43 AM
I'll tell you the best thing you can do to avoid this whole situation is to get yourself a surrogate auto shopper. Most banks/credit unions have them. What they do is look for exactly what you want at the best price available. Most of these guys are former auto dealers and know all the tricks. The last one I used charged $25.00, and got me a car at almost 3k less then what I could have gotten it for had I gone out to the lot myself. They're the ones who also take care of all the paper work/financing, so all you do is go in, tell them what you want...a few days later they'll call you and tell you to come over and pick up your keys and sign the paperwork...it's less of a headache...just a thought for all of you....

Ntwotrance
08-19-2003, 08:59 AM
RiverDave:
Ntwotrance:
I'll tell you the best thing you can do to avoid this whole situation is to get yourself a surrogate auto shopper. Most banks/credit unions have them. What they do is look for exactly what you want at the best price available. Most of these guys are former auto dealers and know all the tricks. The last one I used charged $25.00, and got me a car at almost 3k less then what I could have gotten it for had I gone out to the lot myself. They're the ones who also take care of all the paper work/financing, so all you do is go in, tell them what you want...a few days later they'll call you and tell you to come over and pick up your keys and sign the paperwork...it's less of a headache...just a thought for all of you.... Yeah, but what fun is that? :D
RD You could use that time (that you'd be wasting listening to some car salesman tell you what a "great customer" you are, and all their added b.s.) out on the boat, drinking a beer, and watching all the babes running around in their dental floss? :cool:

dorC
08-19-2003, 09:35 AM
It really depends on what her contract says. Sometimes there is a clause in the contract that says that mistakes will be corrected.

LAVEYSABRE575
08-19-2003, 10:02 AM
unfortunately in the state of california on a 553 contract and a 554 contract one is simple interest one is pre-calculated, there is a stipulation on the back of your contract stating that the dealer has a 10 day recession right a,b,c,d, on the back of the contract the dealer can use that recession right at anytime within 10 days all he has to say is he cannot assign your contract to a bank. The kicker is the 10 days if your purchasing party does not receive a certified rescission letter dated 10 days after the sale the buyer can tell the dealer to pound sand at that time the dealer has to UG the loan that means unconditional guarntee to the bank if the bank will not fund the loan, at that time dealer would have to assume the loan in other words tote the note the purchaser would have to pay the payments to the dealer (god i love the car business if i can help holler... derek.......

LAVEYSABRE575
08-19-2003, 10:02 AM
unfortunately in the state of california on a 553 contract and a 554 contract one is simple interest one is pre-calculated, there is a stipulation on the back of your contract stating that the dealer has a 10 day recession right a,b,c,d, on the back of the contract the dealer can use that recession right at anytime within 10 days all he has to say is he cannot assign your contract to a bank. The kicker is the 10 days if your purchasing party does not receive a certified rescission letter dated 10 days after the sale the buyer can tell the dealer to pound sand at that time the dealer has to UG the loan that means unconditional guarntee to the bank if the bank will not fund the loan, at that time dealer would have to assume the loan in other words tote the note the purchaser would have to pay the payments to the dealer (god i love the car business if i can help holler... derek.......

Boozer
08-19-2003, 10:25 AM
LAVEYSABRE575:
unfortunately in the state of california on a 553 contract and a 554 contract one is simple interest one is pre-calculated, there is a stipulation on the back of your contract stating that the dealer has a 10 day recession right a,b,c,d, on the back of the contract the dealer can use that recession right at anytime within 10 days all he has to say is he cannot assign your contract to a bank. The kicker is the 10 days if your purchasing party does not receive a certified rescission letter dated 10 days after the sale the buyer can tell the dealer to pound sand at that time the dealer has to UG the loan that means unconditional guarntee to the bank if the bank will not fund the loan, at that time dealer would have to assume the loan in other words tote the note the purchaser would have to pay the payments to the dealer (god i love the car business if i can help holler... derek....... So the buyer would have to accept this certified letter would they not. Therefore I would think that if the buyer never signed the letter then the letter could never be considered as recieved and then the dealer is getting the shaft. Correct?

LAVEYSABRE575
08-19-2003, 10:50 AM
no, has long has the letter is post marked 10 days post sale it does not matter if the customer signs it or not,the letter must be sent to the address that is stated on the contract as the residence dealer makes copys of the letter goes to court and they will win, always read the back of your contract or at least summarize.If you try to strong arm the dealer you will lose has long as there apples are in order the customer will lose now if you go in there with a good attitude and have some concerns you can usually work them out theres a thing called CSI in the car business that stands for customer survey index it applys to new cars only you want to make sure your dealer is taking care of the auto makers customers those surveys you recieve in the mail or over the phone from the manufacturer not the dealer those have a major impact.If your matter still is not resolved wright a certified letter to the owner of the dealer 99% of the time you get action they dont want there name dragged through the mud...derek

bordsmnj
08-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Ntwotrance:
Had a dealer try that crap with me, i told him I'd see him in court as we had a binding contract.... just went through the same crap told them the same thing. they called back to let me know they handled it. they wanted me to come back and sign at a higher right. YEAH RIGHT! that's flatly un acceptable.we have a contract-good bye. the nerve! they all play this game lately it seems. i brought it up at work and three other guys said they had or knew someone who had the same crap pulled on them.

JetBoatRich
08-19-2003, 03:25 PM
Seems like I hear this story all the time, had a friend I worked with and they did the same thing. A week later, they wanted more down payment and raise the rate. He said forget it, offered to bring the truck back as long as they give him his trade in back. They had already got rid of the car and called back later and said sorry their mistake. eek!

Froggystyle
08-19-2003, 04:46 PM
My personal favorite car buying experience was buying my 2001 Dodge Durango R/T on New Years Eve of 2000. The R/T's were absolutely non-negotiable at the time, and were around $39,800 as equipped.
Long story short... 6 hours in the dealer, walked out twice, got called on my cell phone both times on the way down the road. 8:00 that night, we had over $19,000 for my trade in truck (1997 Dodge 1500 Ex-cab that I bought for $20,000 and put 44k on) and had the truck for $32,800. They knocked 7K off the price, and overpaid for the trade by about 4K. The reason? They signed me at 12.9% interest for 72 months with their finance company (I had an OK credit score but miserable debt-to-income). What they didn't know was, I had sold my house less than 3 weeks earlier and put 180K in the bank. None of which reflected on my credit score yet. I had paid off all credit cards, paid off the truck, etc...
We wrote the deal, which was a money loser, but made him money on the financing big time and we traded keys. Signed the contracts, big hugs and walked out with our new Durango. At the door, I said... "Ya know... it seems like that is an awful lot of interest to be paying for 72 months. What does that all add up to? $10K something he says.
"Gee, it seems like it would be cheaper just to write a check for the $13,800 and be done with it"
The look on his face drops, I pull out a checkbook and write him a check for the whole thing.
Oops. The account I gave him was my checking account with $3K in it. Didn't quite make it to the money market account with $135K left.
Ya win some, ya lose some. wink

missboatnam1
08-19-2003, 05:03 PM
man, you guys are beating us car people up!!! smile_sp ...to keep it short and sweet, if she dosent want to give more down, or change the term or what-ever it maybe, all she has to say is NO !!! when we re-write contracts, its normally to the customers advantage.....we cut the deal to get it in line with what the bank wants and the customer saves money.......GOOD LUCK!!

572Daytona
08-19-2003, 05:24 PM
This sounds like California thing to me, I've never heard of anything like it before where I've lived. If someone negotiated a deal with me including financing terms and made me commit to signing it and let me drive away with the car, and then called and said they couldn't commit to those terms and I would have either pay more or bring it back I would be furious. I would tell them to come to my house and pick it up, there's no way in hell I would extend them the favor of returning it at my expense. If they can't determine your credit worthiness there and then, they need to wait until they can before they let you drive away thinking you've bought a car. It sounds like a bait and switch scam to me. Imagine if mortgage companies did this when you buy a house burningm

boatnam2
08-19-2003, 05:30 PM
you tell them missb!

malcolm
08-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Well, more crap hit the fan today.
The wife called the dealer and canceled the 4:30 appt. they had saying, "we have a deal, you fix it on your end". They called her back tonite at 4:00 saying that she signed another statement that reads:
I understand (car dealer) has various finacial institutions that retail sales contracts are submitted to and if my application is denied by any of said lending institutions and approved by another I resign the approved contract within one day of the approval date.
Sounds like I should have been reading the stuff instead of the hens. :mad: Now the only way out is to give them a bigger down payment or the car keys. I know which one I'd choose. burningm

carbonmarine
08-19-2003, 06:08 PM
CAPASTRANO FORD did the same thing to me on an excursion.... $ 800.00 in July of 2002
** I WILL NEVER BUY A CAR FROM THEM AGAIN. **
Rick32

malcolm
08-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Well, it's done. The Mother-in-law gave them the extra down payment and got the interest rate lowered from 7 to 4 percent. Her payments went down to $158 from $164. I guess she's happy. She tried to give them the bigger down payment before but the guy said they didn't need it, needless to say they delt with a different guy this time.

mtndewdrops
08-20-2003, 10:41 PM
I have had some bad luck when it comes to purchasing vehicles.
Ford Taurus SE: Salesman insists on taking out the window sticker off with a razor blade. I informed him that the windows were tinted and he should refrain from using the razor blade. Sure enough he ruined the tint and had to reimburse me for having it re-tinted.
Chevy Truck: After owning my beautiful new green truck for one week I am washing it and proceed to open the extra cab windows only to find masking tape with paint overspray. I began to notice that the passenger door and fender are slightly different shade of green. To make a long story short, I got a replacement vehicle.
New Chevy Astro: Finance guy calls a day later and says the deal is wrong (Trade-in value) and I owe them $600. I told him that I don't have any more funds to give them and I can bring the Van back. They try to talk me into making payments. I told them that I will bring the van back. They finally gave up.
Chevy CrewCab 4X4 Dually
Repurchased from Chevrolet as a result of binding arbitration (Lemon Buy-Back).

burbanite
08-21-2003, 08:14 AM
572Daytona:
This sounds like California thing to me, I've never heard of anything like it before where I've lived. It happened to me here when I bought a new 325i a few years ago. Salesman was cool, he'd sold cars to several people I knew, sales manager was a total dick.
Same deal, call up a couple of days later with some lame story trying to get me to pay more. Long story short, they got the car back!

572Daytona
08-21-2003, 09:16 AM
The closest thing like that for me is when my wife went in and negotiated a deal, I went back with her later to fill out the paperwork they then wanted more, but I can understand that since it was verbal with my wife and they didn't actually give her the car. We still walked anyway and bought thru another dealer.

JetBoatRich
08-21-2003, 09:19 AM
What do you do when you are about to finish and they ask about the different extended warranties? from $1,500-$3,500 depending on the plan and vehicle.

bordsmnj
08-21-2003, 12:24 PM
after saying no about a dozen times a just laughed at her(sale /finance chick) and explained that if the truck did fall apart no worries y'ill hear from my attorny. they hate that those warrentys are were they stick it to yuh.

malcolm
08-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Kinda stupid when they try to sell you more warranty on a Kia (5 years-100,000 miles). Didn't mean they didn't try though. :D

Boozer
08-22-2003, 06:52 AM
malcolm:
Well, it's done. The Mother-in-law gave them the extra down payment and got the interest rate lowered from 7 to 4 percent. Her payments went down to $158 from $164. I guess she's happy. She tried to give them the bigger down payment before but the guy said they didn't need it, needless to say they delt with a different guy this time. $158 a month for a car HOLY SH%$!! I pay more then that just for insurance!! Maybe I need to go down and buy myself a Kia at that price I's be saving money every month because of all the gas my rig drinks.