PDA

View Full Version : Antique boat stolen !

leibniz
08-28-2003, 08:46 AM
I'm posting this for a colleague, so please phone the number listed, or email me, if you happen to see this boat... Thanks!
- - -
STOLEN
1969 CENTURY
IN BOARD SKI BOAT
URGENT - $500.00 REWARD
On Friday August 22, at approx. 4:30 pm, we were among the many Kelowna residents that were evacuated from their homes. We were forced to take as many precious items as we could, which included our antique boat.
We moved our prized possession to a secure location on SEXSMITH AND HWY 97. Thieves smashed their way through a parked car and broke the steering column, moved the vehicle out of the way and broke through locked barriers, disabled the alarm and stole the boat between 1:30am and 8:30am. Nothing else was stolen from either the car or the compound.
Specific Details: The boat has a solid teak swim grid and is 17 feet, seven inches, in length, has a draft of 21-1/2 inches and a moulded depth of 41 inches and is constructed almost entirely of fibreglass. The keel and chins are reinforced fibreglass and the decking has been given a textured look. A mid-engine 351 Windsor Ford 265 hp motor powers the direct-drive shaft. A unique feature of the boat is the separate gearshift lever on the steering column and the separate throttle.
This is a unique, one of a kind boat and is not hard to spot. Our boat means a lot to us as we have worked very hard to maintain it and share many memories of the boat with friends and family.
$500.00 CASH REWARD FOR THE RETURN OF OUR BOAT.
CALL 250-764-7796 OR 250-215-2355
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/589StolenBoat-med.jpg

Slick
08-28-2003, 09:00 AM
No offense intended, but why wouldn anyone want to steal that boat? It's not like it's loaded with custom hardware, guages or a $30k motor that they can sellin pieces. That sucks. Sorry to hear that.
[ August 28, 2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Slick ]

leibniz
08-28-2003, 09:11 AM
There may be more to the story than I've been told. The fact that who ever stole it actually broke into a car or two, cracked the stearing column and started the car, just so they could move it out of the way to get to the boat, is curious...
[ August 28, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: leibniz ]

leibniz
08-28-2003, 09:13 AM
I probably also should have mentioned that Kelowna is in southern British Colombia, just in case anyone hasn't been following the huge fires going on there these past few weeks...

Chase
08-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hearabout the situation. I can actually visualize where it was since I had been in the area a few times. The Campion boat factory is just up the hill from there.
Did you suffer any other serious losses with the fire?? GOd I hope not. I have relatives that live in green Bay and they are quite lucky to be on the other side. cry

Hermosa
08-28-2003, 09:57 AM
RiverDave:
Jesus someone was awfully motivated to steal that boat for some reason.. ???
Slick, it's gotta be a canadian thing or something. I'm kind of under the same impression. Why would anyone want to steal it?
RD They probably used it to throw all of the stuff they stole inside, like a trailer. Hey it might have been my grandpa, he likes those kind of boats, I better make a call...

leibniz
08-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Chase:
Sorry to hearabout the situation. I can actually visualize where it was since I had been in the area a few times. The Campion boat factory is just up the hill from there.
Did you suffer any other serious losses with the fire?? GOd I hope not. I have relatives that live in green Bay and they are quite lucky to be on the other side. cry No, not me personally. However I live about 1500 kms from Kelowna so I think I'll be o.k. If the fires make it this far east, we have real problems!
:)

Chase
08-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Oh, Regina, I think I know where that is... :D :D
The way the post was worded I figured it could be you...but then again you did mention a colegue....My errors.
So do you know Tom Brown??

OGShocker
08-29-2003, 11:41 AM
Chase:
The way the post was worded I figured it could be you...but then again you did mention a colegue....My errors.
So do you know Tom Brown?? North and east of Speedy Creek?

leibniz
08-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Chase:
So do you know Tom Brown?? Yeah, I see where it could have been difficult to follow: colleague of mine here in Regina has relatives in Kelowna who had the problem, I didn't have my location posted, yada yada...
Anyway, haven't heard if they recovered the boat or not.
Yeah, actually I do know Tom. He's one righeous dude!
:D

leibniz
08-29-2003, 11:50 AM
btw Chase, that's a cool image in your sig.
Did you make that or find on the net? Is it a realtime app, or an animated GIF? Just curious.

leibniz
08-29-2003, 11:53 AM
OGShocker:
Chase:
North and east of Speedy Creek? More east than north, but yeah. It's about 3 1/2 hours. Actually less now, since they increase the speed limit on the TransCanada to 110 kmph.

leibniz
08-29-2003, 11:56 AM
@Chase:
That's o.k. Never mind. I see it:
http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/global/stations/71866.
Thanks!

Chase
08-29-2003, 12:24 PM
North and east of Speedy Creek? [/QB][/QUOTE]
Oh really....you didn't happen to see where I am from...I am being a smart ass.... :D

Chase
08-29-2003, 12:31 PM
110 kmph.
:D [/QB][/QUOTE]
What is it KPH or MPH??? :D :D

leibniz
08-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Ouch!
Of course it's KPH. MPH would really be dreaming. Of couse the TC highway down here is deadly straight, so 110 MPH is certainly doable, technically.
[ August 29, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: leibniz ]

Chase
08-29-2003, 12:55 PM
So tell me about yourself....
Where do you work?
What kind of boat do you have??
How Fast does it go??
Where do you do most of your boating??
How did you meet Tom??
What are you doing for the long weekend???
Why are there no pictures in your profile??
:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

leibniz
08-29-2003, 01:36 PM
My my, so many questions...
Where do you work?
Downtown. I do computer stuff.
I don't have a boat, but I love the lake and I love skiing.
How Fast does it go??
See last answer.
My folks have a cabin at Katepwa. I usually go there.
How did you meet Tom??
Tom and I go way back. He's like a brother to me.
Don't know. A little golf maybe. Fix my web sites; usual stuff.
No time to post them, I guess...
I like reading more than participating. There are some real characters here; and at Barney's too!
Speaking of which: I haven't seen you over at the new Barney forums... what's up?
[ August 29, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: leibniz ]

Chase
08-29-2003, 01:44 PM
leibniz:
My my, so many questions...
Where do you work?
Downtown. I do computer stuff.
Can you elaborate at all
I don't have a boat, but I love the lake and I love skiing.
I am assuming waterskiing???
How Fast does it go??
See last answer.
My folks have a cabin at Katepwa. I usually go there.
So you hang out at Tom's too?? I can see he could be trouble
How did you meet Tom??
Tom and I go way back. He's like a brother to me.
Lucky you...
Don't know. A little golf maybe. Fix my web sites; usual stuff.
Sounds like extreme fun
No time to post them, I guess...
I like reading more than participating. There are some real characters here; and at Barney's too!
Speaking of which: I haven't seen you over at the new Barney forums... what's up?
:) Well I havn't been over at the Barney website, because I can only keep up with one of these sites at a time..besides..over there I would be "the new guy"
I suppose I should pop in....

leibniz
08-29-2003, 01:50 PM
It's a new database over there. High poster is K.H. with a mere 366.

Chase
08-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Make sure you read my other comments posted in the quote...in case you missed them

superdave013
08-29-2003, 01:59 PM
RiverDave:
Jesus someone was awfully motivated to steal that boat for some reason.. ???
Slick, it's gotta be a canadian thing or something. I'm kind of under the same impression. Why would anyone want to steal it?
RD I wouldn't want it but those old deals are worth more then you would ever think. That one is kinda on the new side but people really get into those. Been to Lake Tahoe lately?