PDA

View Full Version : Boats with staterooms? I need 411 please...

FMluvswater
03-14-2003, 06:05 AM
It's just research for a story I'm writing ...
boatlovers independently wealthy gf gives him a boat with 2 staterooms for his birthday ... I don't know maybe that's too expensive a gift for a woman to give her boyfriend? I managed to find a boat I'd love to cruise in (hell I'd love to live on it!) but $$$? practicality? quality? I know this is not very important since I'm not actually able to buy one or anything but if someone/anyone could at least look at what I found at the following link
Bayliner 4087 (http://resolutionhost.com/BoatsAndPlaces/BoatProfiles/2002/Bayliner4087.htm)
and just tell me
1.quality: good or bad?
2.expense: ok or inappropriate for a birthday gift?
3. a better suggestion
I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks. :)

Mandelon
03-14-2003, 06:17 AM
http://resolutionhost.com/NR/rdonlyres/ysmtccizldvcylp23zuzchwyqbk4nfwwieem74556hvlfnpdqn fw6fyyzjjb4ggc2ww5rfok2t7da/4087i.jpg
Bayliners are a "value" boat.
Although I think the bigger ones are of a much better quality than the entry level family boats that the folks on this board are used to. They're still no high end. The quality would be good for the price. But the qulity of materials and workmanship won't compare to Tiara, Bluewater, Hatteras, or any of the other many higher end boats.
Expense? You can send me $200,000+ any time. Perhaps in the lofty air of the super-rich its appropriate. Just keeping the thing docked somewhere would cost more every year than most of us paid for our entire boat. Maintenance will be thousands of dollars a year.
A better suggestion:? Uh..... a steak and a knobber? No really, just send cash! A simple Mercedes or a Ferrari would be nice. And much cheaper!

superV
03-14-2003, 06:20 AM
You did not just ask about buying a "BottomLiner"
On Hot Boat did you?
I got the 411 call 911 because your F'ing crazy :D
J/K good luck! wink

JetBoatRich
03-14-2003, 07:16 AM
superV:
You did not just ask about buying a "BottomLiner"
On Hot Boat did you?
I got the 411 call 911 because your F'ing crazy :D
J/K good luck! wink I was thinking the same thing, don't see this everyday on here. Someone asking about a BayLiner :confused:

FMluvswater
03-14-2003, 08:08 AM
Hmmm, ok thanks Mandelon ... 200G's? Daaaayyymn! Even second hand huh? Thousands/year just for maintenance? Who are the people IRL that can own one of those? Trump? Gates? Cripes. Since it's just a fictional story I may fudge a bit on the price. LOL! I really appreciated your detailed very helpful answer! You --> :cool: ! :) Thank-you. Oh and the umm check's in the mail hon! wink LOL! So sorry but no Mercedes or Ferrari forthcoming either - I hear they don't float real well! LOL! Steak and a knobber hmmm the guy in my story just might get that AS WELL AS the boat! I love fiction! LOL! TTYL! Take care!
superv- thanks for the good luck! Looks like I might need it! :) LOL!
JetBoatRich~ I actually DO know that Bayliners are an off topic thing which is why I posed the question here in The Sandbar! :) This IS the off topic social lounge isn't it? wink :D

126driver
03-14-2003, 09:27 AM
I was on a Chaparrel (sp?) 320 yesterday at Bartlett. At $150K it would make a damn sweet second boat! :D :rolleyes:

theskiffs
03-14-2003, 09:51 AM
I just want to be that girl's boyfriend. It's price is good if you pay for it in us funds.But I'm sure he will re pay her in other ways.Look's like a very practical boat for this area.As for the maintainance it shouldn't be a consideration.Everyone knows b.o.a.t. stands for.Bring Out Annother Thousand. :) What mag or is the artical going to be in?I'll keep my eye's open for that boat. :D There is a lot of good deals in the north.The power package looks good and it would be a nice addition to my fleet. :D

spectras only
03-14-2003, 10:09 AM
Hello FMBabe, you're swimming in murky water amongst sharks and crocks talking about bayliners here wink .Come down to my friend's shop and I'll show you a piece of a big bayliner [showing layup quality eek! ] that I've picked up at a boatyard.The side of my boat has a heavier layup than the bottom of that bayliner and knowing where you live ,I would be very concerned about those damn logs floating around here.You want to see a quality boat , ring me up and I'll show you one that my friend builds [you couldn't live on it but be proud of it :p ].

FMluvswater
03-14-2003, 11:34 AM
126driver:
I was on a Chaparrel (sp?) 320 yesterday at Bartlett. At $150K it would make a damn sweet second boat!Have you got a link to a pic of it or one like it that you could show me? I'd like to see for myself if it's apppropriate for my story or not.
theskiffs:
I just want to be that girl's boyfriend. It's price is good if you pay for it in us funds.But I'm sure he will re pay her in other ways.Look's like a very practical boat for this area.As for the maintainance it shouldn't be a consideration.Everyone knows b.o.a.t. stands for.Bring Out Annother Thousand. What mag or is the artical going to be in?I'll keep my eye's open for that boat. There is a lot of good deals in the north.The power package looks good and it would be a nice addition to my fleet. Damn skippy he's gonna repay her in other ways!! LOL! LMAO@the acronym for BOAT! Scared the ex's cat when I laughed! Actually I watched it on a show on the Outdoor Life Network. The guy was rambling off details about it and I tried to take notes so I could Google it later but initially I got the damn number wrong I had written 487 instead of 4087 :rolleyes: ! Anyway I found the link directly relating to the show I watched completely by fluke (yay me!) and it's my understanding the 4087 is not in Bayliner's new line-up it's been discontinued which suits my story fine since she's giving him a second hand one. I went to Bayliner's purchasing site and looked at all of the ones in their on-line catalog and the 4087 doesn't exist there! LOL! Maybe you could add one to your fleet still if you meant all along that you wanted second hand and I just spewed off like I know what I'm talking about! LOL! Ok I'll shut up now! Hmm damn just re read that last part of your post were you actually just dreaming out loud? Ok now I'm shutting up. :)
spectras only:
Hello FMBabe, you're swimming in murky water amongst sharks and crocks talking about bayliners here. wink Come down to my friend's shop and I'll show you a piece of a big bayliner [showing layup quality eek! ] that I've picked up at a boatyard.The side of my boat has a heavier layup than the bottom of that bayliner and knowing where you live, I would be very concerned about those damn logs floating around here. You want to see a quality boat, ring me up and I'll show you one that my friend builds [you couldn't live on it but be proud of it :p ]. Hey Spectrasonly!! :D Yeah JetBoatRich rather informed me of my faux pas LOL! The Bayliner is not for me, it's for a character in a story I'm writing so no worries about logs. LOL! I wish I could buy a boat! Maybe I'm foolish but I actually would go down to the shop to see a Bayliner for two reasons 1. I take my writing seriously even if it is fluff and 2. I'd get to meet you. :) If you give me a number, I really would call you - no such thing as knowing too many people IMO. :)

spectras only
03-14-2003, 12:27 PM
FMbabe ,I'm not a boatbuilder but have been around many and know a good boat when I see one.While bayliners are very popular I wouldn't own one unless it was given to me for free :D .I work on boats and stuff for fun for decades and wouldn't want to do for living wink .You can see me on saturdays at california marine in richmond [ 604-278 1880 ] and would glad to show you my very old [better quality than any bayliner :p ] 1972 24 spectra V-drive and a nice 1991 Carrera jet in the shop.Give a call to dave in advance before showing up so I can make sure to be there to shoot the breeze with you.Later I could show you a 24 Adriatic [almost finished]which is my dream boat .It's only eek! 105 us . Ps; go to google and type my name in from my profile you'll get a tour of california marine wink
[ March 14, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

126driver
03-14-2003, 12:42 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
126driver:
I was on a Chaparrel (sp?) 320 yesterday at Bartlett. At $150K it would make a damn sweet second boat!Have you got a link to a pic of it or one like it that you could show me? I'd like to see for myself if it's apppropriate for my story or not.
Here you go: Signature Cruisers (http://www.suncountrymarine.com/boats/boats.asp?id=4#)

FMluvswater
03-14-2003, 01:56 PM
spectras only:
FMbabe ,I'm not a boatbuilder but have been around many and know a good boat when I see one.While bayliners are very popular I wouldn't own one unless it was given to me for free :D .I work on boats and stuff for fun for decades and wouldn't want to do for living wink .You can see me on saturdays at california marine in richmond [ 604-278 1880 ] and would glad to show you my very old [better quality than any bayliner :p ] 1972 24 spectra V-drive and a nice 1991 Carrera jet in the shop.Give a call to dave in advance before showing up so I can make sure to be there to shoot the breeze with you.Later I could show you a 24 Adriatic [almost finished]which is my dream boat .It's only eek! 105 us . Ps; go to google and type my name in from my profile you'll get a tour of california marine wink Well the guy in the story IS getting it for free! LOL! As for looking at the boats I'm thinking next weekend (tomorrow is tempting but I don't know about my kiddo sitch yet if he'll be with my ex's mom or not). I Googled and got the tour! :)It'll be so great to meet you :)Scary as hell but great nonetheless! :D Okay so best time of day on Saturdays is there such a thing? and what are Hours of Op on Saturdays? Bet you didn't know we were playing 20 qestions huh? I annoy me. LOL! Anyway TTYL!
126driver:
FMluvswaterbabe:
126driver:
Here you go: Signature Cruisers (http://www.suncountrymarine.com/boats/boats.asp?id=4#) WOW!! That is one beautiful piece of inanimate eye-candy!!! You got to ride in one of those? Got horseshoes up where the sun don't shine? LOL! The only prob is that the boat in my story HAS to have a bed on it (in it?). Still that boat is freaking niiiiicccccce!!!!! Thanks for showing it to me!

spectras only
03-14-2003, 02:15 PM
Dave usually opens at 10 am and closes at 4 pm.I'll be there tomorrow and next weekend too ,working on my boat [ reconfiguring the cockpit] and a customer's v-drive. Here's a pic of the small [ 19' ] version of the 24 Adriatic . The http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kavalk19.8.jpg 24 has a small cabin with head.

FMluvswater
03-14-2003, 02:55 PM
10-4pm ok then. :) Love the pic of the boat! The ex just confirmed I can't do it tomorrow I have the kiddo until at least 1 pm and I don't have a car so public transit (ummm yeah 4 hours later I'd get there to a closed shop ok slight exaggeration but damn near true! LOL!) So it looks like next Saturday it is and you best not call in sick that day :p (unless of course you actually are) LOL! TTYL and see ya next weekend! :)

126driver
03-14-2003, 02:56 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
WOW!! That is one beautiful piece of inanimate eye-candy!!! You got to ride in one of those? Got horseshoes up where the sun don't shine? LOL! The only prob is that the boat in my story HAS to have a bed on it (in it?). Still that boat is freaking niiiiicccccce!!!!! Thanks for showing it to me! Got to ride in it and got to drive it. The boat only had 8 hours on it. Believe it or not, it's the guy's first boat. jawdrop He bought the 280, put 14 hours on it, and decided that it was too small. The dealer took it back at a discount and he bought the 320. BTW, the 320 does have a bed along with a full galley. The bedroom has a full size door with a small seat, but you have to crawl through to get to the bed; it's located under the cockpit. It's a sweet deal though, he has it in a covered wet slip so you walk up, get in, cast off and go. Tough life for the guy, huh? :rolleyes:

FMluvswater
03-14-2003, 03:15 PM
126driver:
FMluvswaterbabe:
WOW!! That is one beautiful piece of inanimate eye-candy!!! You got to ride in one of those? Got horseshoes up where the sun don't shine? LOL! The only prob is that the boat in my story HAS to have a bed on it (in it?). Still that boat is freaking niiiiicccccce!!!!! Thanks for showing it to me! Got to ride in it and got to drive it. The boat only had 8 hours on it. Believe it or not, it's the guy's first boat. jawdrop He bought the 280, put 14 hours on it, and decided that it was too small. The dealer took it back at a discount and he bought the 320. BTW, the 320 does have a bed along with a full galley. The bedroom has a full size door with a small seat, but you have to crawl through to get to the bed; it's located under the cockpit. It's a sweet deal though, he has it in a covered wet slip so you walk up, get in, cast off and go. Tough life for the guy, huh? :rolleyes: Jeepers not too freaking shabby for a first boat!! It must have been a wicked experience getting to drive that! :cool: So it has a bedroom huh? Hmmm. I may seriously have to reconsider the whole Bayliner angle from what I've read about them here today. Especially since that Chaparral Signature Cruiser is 50G's cheaper than a Bayliner, too. Mind you the 150G's price tag isn't exactly chump change either! That's one of the reasons why I'm making the chick in my fic independently wealthy! LOL! Thanks for setting me straight on the bed issue. :) Oh yes I feel ever so sorry for your poor poor friend (after he dropped cash for his boat! LOL) for the tough life he leads! Riiiiiggghhhhttttt!!! Can I have that kind of strife? LOL! :) TTYL!

beyondhelpin
03-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Spectras
That little boat is sweet. Gotta love the wood.

spectras only
03-14-2003, 07:49 PM
It is a fibreglass hull and deck with selected mahogany on the topsides and trims .It's hauling ass with a 350 Chebby :D .There's a removable lid [rumble seat] ahead of the windshield for two.BH what kind of bikes you're into ,just curious? My buddy served on an aircraft carrier during the korean war and these old aircraft mechs are usually vintage bike collectors wink .
[ March 14, 2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

bordsmnj
03-15-2003, 12:31 AM
hhmmm...I've always kinda fancied the idea of having a thirtytwo foot cabin cruiser as a wake board boat. i figure that it could put a hell of a good wake(4-5 feet? @ 20 mph?) for about two passes before i get run ofF the local lake by a bunch of pissed of locals. :D
[ March 15, 2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: bordsmnj ]

FMluvswater
03-15-2003, 05:39 PM
I have another question. When people name their boats do they have to register the name? Or do they just go right ahead and paint the name on it somewhere? I could remain stupid and not ask, but I actually do want to know the answer. :)
[ March 15, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: FMluvswaterbabe ]

FMluvswater
03-15-2003, 05:52 PM
bordsmnj:
hhmmm...I've always kinda fancied the idea of having a thirtytwo foot cabin cruiser as a wake board boat. i figure that it could put a hell of a good wake(4-5 feet? @ 20 mph?) for about two passes before i get run ofF the local lake by a bunch of pissed of locals. :D Maybe I'm evil but I'd find that hilarious! :D
and yeah holy hell what a 'wake ' that would be!!! LOL! Pun definitely intended! They'd 'murdalise' you! But it would still be funny. :p Well shit now the conscience is kicking in. Fine. I amend, it would be funny as long as nobody on the lake got hurt. :rolleyes: Ok fine and no damage to anybody's property either. Sheesh damn conscience sucked all the fun out of that scenario. I think I liked it better when I just thought it would be funny. :D

ROZ
02-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Been aboard one of these at Ellsworth Marine:
http://www.destinsunrisemarine.com/images/riviera1.jpg
http://www.destinsunrisemarine.com/images/riviera2.jpg
http://www.destinsunrisemarine.com/images/riviera5.jpg
http://www.destinsunrisemarine.com/images/riviera4.jpg
Very nice boats :cool:
I think they're around 400K

FMluvswater
02-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Wow. Not shabby. :) Thanks for the pics ROZ. I still haven't finished that story. The scene I had planned for the boat she was supposed to handcuff herself to the bed but I don't see any posts/slats/headboard in the bedroom pics. :idea: I guess I could write in that she had some custom work done on the boat to accomodate the handcuffs scene.