PDA

View Full Version : Morbid curiosity?

comin' unscrewed
08-13-2003, 06:48 AM
WARNING: The link below contains graphic photos of a fatal accident.
Long ago I was told the most dangerous job in the world was working on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. Well, here's evidence to support that.
This poor bastard got wacked in the head by the main rotor of a large helicopter. His helmet didn't help much (photo #3). Photo #5 has what's left of his noggin lying on his chest. It's the back of his scalp with one ear still attached. Looks like a rubber mask. The rest speak for themselves.
If you can stand gross photos click here (http://poetry.rotten.com/chopper/index1.html) then scroll to the bottom of photo 1 and click the black right arrow to cycle through the rest.

SS Havabrew
08-13-2003, 06:53 AM
Dude! That was pretty ruff. Poor bastard didn't feel a damn thing jawdrop

spectratoad
08-13-2003, 06:59 AM
I worked on a Carrier Flight deck for 3 years. If you don't have your head on a swivel and pay attention to what is going on around you every second your dead. I did supply and when you are driving a forklift on a pitching deck unloading a helicopter with a tail rotor spinning 10 feet to your rear and jets landing and taking off 20 feet to your left and other jets taxiing to you right you better pay attention. Or crawling under the tail of jets waiting for their turn at the launch and just needing to get to the other side to meet the COD (carrier Onboard Delivery) to get supplies and mail. I did that for those years and it was the highlight of my life. The smell of JP5 and the heat of jet exhaust. It was AWESOME!!! :D
PS I do disagree with this being on the internet. That is someones kids or father. At least they kept his identity confidential from what i can see.
That is also not a carrier. It is a smaller ship like an FF or FFG.
[ August 13, 2003, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

bigq
08-13-2003, 07:42 AM
I agree with Havabrew, I doubt he felt anything. At least I hope.