PDA

View Full Version : Burning CD's ?????

Nubbs
04-26-2003, 02:25 PM
I burned copies of about 30 of my favorite cds to put in the boat. I figured I'd rather run the risk of losing or ruining a 10 cent copy than an original. I checked all the disks in my house cd player and they all played fine. I try to play them in my boat cd player and they sound like sh$t. :mad: Most of them sound like a broken record or like they're skipping. The ones that play sound like the speakers are blown. Why is it that they'll play in one cd player but not the other? The cd player in the boat is a brand new clarion if that helps. My computer and burner are about 4-5 years old.
Thanks
Nubbs

SuperWrench0166
04-26-2003, 02:59 PM
its entirley possible your cd player in the boat is not compatible with the format that you burned
beings they worked fine in your cd player at home
you may want to try a diff cd burning program i use nero and have the best luck with it

XLGPP
04-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Few years ago, alot of players couldnt read some writable blank cd's, but if it is a new stereo, it should read it just fine... is your stereo in the house a good one? If its not, It may not completely pick up the quality or lack there of.. are the songs you burned downloaded? if so, you want to make sure you get higher quality songs... file will be bigger and take longer to download, but the quality is MUCH better...

XLGPP
04-26-2003, 03:01 PM
i use nero and have the best luck with it Ive used em all, I prefer roxio, never had a prob... and u can even run test b4 you burn to make sure all tracks are good.

Frosty_pop
04-26-2003, 03:26 PM
Best way to do CD's for the boat is get an MP3 compatable player and burn them as data... always works and sounds great..( and the music is free, just don't tell anyone....ssshhhh)

JetBoatRich
04-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Did you try to try a STORE BOUGHT cd, did it sound ok?

Jbb
04-26-2003, 08:15 PM
A win for the good guy's!!!
Court Decision! (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030425/ap_on_hi_te/file_sharing_lawsuit_1)

HCS
04-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Huh, good info Iv'e been burning CDs with no problem. I hope they work in my stereo in the boat. :confused:
I better go try em.

malcolm
04-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Is it possible your new player has some anti-piracy chip in it to keep you from playing burnt music?

HCS
04-26-2003, 08:48 PM
Yep, no problem.
Answered my own Q.
Nothing like talking to yourself. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy57.gif

LVjetboy
04-27-2003, 12:14 AM
Nubbs,
Seen that too. I've seen home CD players more forgiving than portable. At one time I even tested six different brands of CD blanks to see which one recorded best. I had a cheap burner at the time. There was a difference. 700 MB would not work on my boat changer (Sony) 650's would...and the brand also made a difference.
I now have a Plextor burner with Nero software and everything I burn is readable on my boat Sony. No more problems. Also can burn while downloading from Kaaza lite, cruising the net and playing music...all at the same time. Burn hardware and software technology advances.
And if your burner's 4-5 years old, maybe you should consider a new one? Not that expensive and so much better and faster!
jer

Mandelon
04-27-2003, 10:51 AM
I burned a CD that had a couple of songs that would sound like you say, skipping. It must be the format. My stereo isnt new. 2001 I think...but the other songs played fine. MP3 format may be the issue. :confused: