PDA

View Full Version : Poorman's Bikini Beach

Havasu Doug
11-06-2002, 10:25 PM
Whatever happened to that show the Poorman's (aka Jim Trenton) Bikini Beach? Is it still on? Last time I saw it was on a local Korean station. Anyone seen him around Newport Beach lately?

beached1
11-07-2002, 10:42 AM
I think he's a side kick on the Rick Dees KIIS morn show. That must suck to be with such a f'n blow hard now and seeing Adam Corola working on the show he created, Love Line on KROQ.

Havasu Doug
11-07-2002, 12:50 PM
beached1:
I think he's a side kick on the Rick Dees KIIS morn show. That must suck to be with such a f'n blow hard now and seeing Adam Corola working on the show he created, Love Line on KROQ.Yeah, alot's happened in the last 15 years. Let's see. At the time, "the Poorman" was a DJ @ KROQ, and he, also, had "The Adventures with the Poorman" show on KDOC 56. Very low budget. When the show started, it said "IN MONO!" at the bottom of the screen. He did interview alot of cool bands and show local hot spots though. "Bikini Beach" was sort of the same, but even more low budget, hence being aired on the Korean station. :)

Havasu Hangin'
11-07-2002, 01:00 PM
Did you look here (http://www.poormansbikinibeach.com/index.shtml)?
I used to see that guy jogging in Huntington every weekend...

Havasu Doug
11-07-2002, 01:04 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Did you look here (http://www.poormansbikinibeach.com/index.shtml)?
I used to see that guy jogging in Huntington every weekend...Thanks for the info! :)

Windy
11-07-2002, 09:45 PM
The link works fine for me. I use to see Poorman at Live Bait in Long Beach years ago, and once in awhile downtown HB.
MissHBjet

Havasu Doug
11-08-2002, 03:23 AM
Now I have the theme song to "Adventures with the Poorman" playing over and over in my head. :D

Hermosa
11-08-2002, 07:08 AM
Poorman is a fag, he backed into my car at a gas station in Malibu back in 1991 and he still owes me $900.00. He didn't have insurance, what a **** nut. If I ever run into him again, I will gut him like a fish.
[ November 08, 2002, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Hermosa ]