PDA

View Full Version : MOVING TO LAS VEGAS

aquaholic IV
10-29-2002, 09:24 PM
HI ALL! ME AND THE MISSY ARE MOVING TO THE LAS VEGAS AREA, ANY INPUT ON WHERE TO MOVE AND ANY ELECTRICAL JOBS ARE APPRECIATED. WERE MOVING FROM THE DREADED MIDWEST WHERE THE BOATING SEASON IS ONLY 4 MONTHS LONG. CAN'T WAIT TO EXPAND TO THE LONGER SEASON. HOPEFULLY U CAN HELP ME MAKE THIS TRANSACTION PAIN FREE BY GIVING ME THE INSIDE SCOOP ON WHERE TO BE! THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordy
10-29-2002, 09:46 PM
In case you didn't get there yet, I posted a response in the Hot Boats forum with the suggestion of asking the same question over at Las Vegas Hot Boats. They would be the experts there.

CrazyHippy
10-29-2002, 11:00 PM
Hmmmmm.... stay away from the N. East (older area, Nellis AFB)
I am in The N. West (95 & Craig), and like it other than the long trek to the lake.
Do you want space, or be in the middle of everything?
Close to lake, or view of the city?
What kind of commute time is ok w/ you?
let me know, and i'll search from there.
BJH

spectratoad
10-30-2002, 07:26 AM
My father just built a house in Henderson and my wife cousin lives there also. I hope to move there soon. Henderson seems like the place to live from what little I really know of Vegas. It is close to Mead and close to getting out of town to get to Havasu. Just my .02

THOR
10-30-2002, 08:24 AM
Just moved to HB from las vegas. I have lived in every part over 10 years and the best place would be Green Valley/Henderson. Nice, quiet, plenty to do, and CLOSE to the lake. I was about 15 minutes to the closest ramp.

superV
10-30-2002, 08:31 AM
I too am considering Las Vegas rather than SoCal.
All the benys of socal with out the cost, and no sales tax!

THOR
10-30-2002, 09:11 AM
LV is no SoCal by any means. The weather is hot as hell in the summer and very cold in the winter. Socal is awesome in terms of weather.

superV
10-30-2002, 09:16 AM
THOR:
LV is no SoCal by any means. The weather is hot as hell in the summer and very cold in the winter. Socal is awesome in terms of weather.I agree to a point its not HB but it is alot like the HighDesert, and i am a desert rat minus 5yrs in oxnard.

superV
10-30-2002, 09:18 AM
You still can have most any climate with in a 3-4hr drive! And money to spend when you get there.

VitaminSea
10-30-2002, 09:26 AM
I lived ten years in Green valley/Henderson and it is the place to be. Close to the Lake and easy to get out of town. 2 1/2 hours to Havasu as well. Good luck on the move. Cliff

superV
10-30-2002, 09:34 AM
VitaminSea:
I lived ten years in Green valley/Henderson and it is the place to be. Close to the Lake and easy to get out of town. 2 1/2 hours to Havasu as well. Good luck on the move. CliffWhat is the cost of living like there, rent,buying a home ect.

Back To Havasu
10-30-2002, 10:08 AM
I owned a home in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas from 1997-01, and feel from an investment standpoint, it is the best area. It is beautiful and masterplanned, and the appreciation is there, but the lake is 40 miles away. Henderson/Green Valley is very nice and the lake is close...good luck.

THOR
10-30-2002, 10:13 AM
VitaminSea:
I lived ten years in Green valley/Henderson and it is the place to be. Close to the Lake and easy to get out of town. 2 1/2 hours to Havasu as well. Good luck on the move. CliffVitaminSea,
WHere did you live? I was on GV Parkway and Wigwam.
WHy did you move back here?

aquaholic IV
10-30-2002, 05:47 PM
green valley and henderson sound like the place to be, butt i was also wondering about boulder city?

OutCole'd
10-30-2002, 08:56 PM
Boulder City is very nice. Not cheap though, and a drive if you plan working in Vegas. I live on the west side which I like, But I agree, Green Valley has its advantages. Everytime I go to the lake, Parker or havasu, It is an extra 20 minute drive. This is just the side I settled down at, I like the schools, and have met some great people. A nice 3 bd. 2 Bath house rents for between 1,000-1,300 month. Best of luck with the move.

rude235
10-30-2002, 09:23 PM
superV, just so you know......we do pay a sales tax of 7.25%. but we don't pay a state income tax.

THOR
10-31-2002, 06:38 AM
aquaholic IV:
green valley and henderson sound like the place to be, butt i was also wondering about boulder city?BC is awesome. But it can get old if you work in the middle of town in LV. For instance, I had a 2700 sf house, 5bd, 3ba, RV parking for just over 200k. Nice too. Too bad I dont have that house here in HB. DAMN! Now Im pissed.
Rude and OutColed have mansions. Just look at their boats and it will tell you how much money they make. MUCHO DINERO MI AMIGOS! You can probably rent out a wing of their houses. wink
Rude - Hows the new Daytona?

aquaholic IV
10-31-2002, 07:37 PM
everyone seems to think 20-40 miles is like another state! where i'm from that would only be like a 1/2 hour, is it longer with the traffic down there ?, or is an nevada thing?

aquaholic IV
10-31-2002, 09:23 PM
figured someone wood invite a fellow boater to come live with them till we got settled in,, promise i'd move out by august! need a place for my 26 daytona, and the wife, me? i'll sleep in the daytona!! let me know

THOR
11-01-2002, 07:39 AM
Aquaholic,
the traffic is a Nevada thing. There is no traffic at any time. Yeh, it slows down to 30 mph at 7:45 in the morning for about 15 minutes, thats it. Other than that, you could get from one side of town to another in no more than 25 minutes.
Dont worry.

OutCole'd
11-01-2002, 06:30 PM
I agree with Thor. The traffic thing is no big deal to me, but I do not live on one side of town and travel to the other to get to work. I think the best idea is to rent for a year to find out where you are going to be working most of the time, the but on that side of town. Henderson, Summerlin, It is just personal preference which is better.
Just my 1 1/2 cent

LV-Advantage
11-01-2002, 07:14 PM
aquaholic IV:
figured someone wood invite a fellow boater to come live with them till we got settled in,, promise i'd move out by august! need a place for my 26 daytona, and the wife, me? i'll sleep in the daytona!! let me knowI have some room for the 26 Daytona till Aug. Just make sure you leave the keys :D
What kind of electrical work do you do comercial or residential? It's not a good time of the year to move if you are in residential. Good luck with the move.

CrazyHippy
11-01-2002, 09:36 PM
aquaholic IV:
figured someone wood invite a fellow boater to come live with them till we got settled in,, promise i'd move out by august! need a place for my 26 daytona, and the wife, me? i'll sleep in the daytona!! let me knowIF you dont mind the fact that the lake will be east of you and i will be west of you, you are welcome to my side yard, behind my boat.
BJH

aquaholic IV
11-03-2002, 04:15 PM
move over everybody, i think we decided on henderson, don't laugh if you see us boating by the end of the month, we dont have that option up here in nebraska. just wanted to say thanx 4 all your inputs and helping us out with our decisions. i knew i could count on my fellow boaters.. your the best

CrazyHippy
11-04-2002, 09:30 PM
Hell i'm going boating tommorrow, and if i magically find the funds for a new prop, will be going to Havasu Parade of lights on Dec 3rd.
BJH

72Spectra
11-09-2002, 12:07 PM
So Aqua you decided to move to South Pittman huh. Don't believe what they say about the traffic here, It can get really shitty.