PDA

View Full Version : In conversation, whose boat is it????

Wet Dream
07-28-2002, 05:46 AM
Just curious who gets claim on the boat during a conversation? What I mean is, when my wife talks about the boat, she usually says "his boat". I use "our" about 1/2 the time.

NorCal Gameshow
07-28-2002, 06:12 AM
that about how it is with us, it's funny though, when i'm full throttle on plane w/ the rooster up she's got a big smile...i think i'll keep her

Infomaniac
07-28-2002, 06:50 AM
No Confusion here. She has an Ultra and I have a Cougar. We even sometimes call them the boy's boat and Girl's boat. More often than that, they are called the blue boat and the red boat. wink

burbanite
07-28-2002, 06:54 AM
Mine, mine, mine, mine and mine.....
But that's probably because there isn't "another" to stake a claim.

CrazyHippy
07-28-2002, 08:44 AM
To her it's ours, to me it's mine
And she is really happy until about 60mph. As soon as the boat gets up on the pad she gets kinda worried.
BJH

Tahiti Owner
07-28-2002, 12:32 PM
i have to agree with burbanite...MINE MINE MINE!
she wanted it when she left...but that was NEVER gonna happen! :D

NEW 2 RIVER
07-28-2002, 06:08 PM
When the boat is in the garage the wife calls it mine.when its on the water she calls it hers.
Go figure

johnnybgoodman
07-28-2002, 06:38 PM
We've gone from, "Get that piece of $h:t out of my driveway!", to, "How long till you have the engine in, and on the lake?". Now she wants to call it "Half Mine". I want to call it "MUSIC", (CSN&Y..."She's my ship, and all her flags are a flyin. She is all that I have left, and MUSIC is her name!"). ( I'm a musician, nuf said.) I'd settle for "Half Hers". Let me know what you think! In conversation I call it mine though. I've done all the work until today. She likes to turn the wrenches in. I think it's a chick thing.?.? wink
Johnny

lakemeadbums
07-28-2002, 07:00 PM
I always refer to it as "ours" but he usually says "mine" when he's talking about it. It's well the "extra" money I make pays for the boat, I always say to him, no let's say the "extra" money pays for the Sub, the mortgage. etc. and "we" pay for the boat. I figure I'm the one who cleans, washes, waxes it 90% of the time so it's only fair!!! Plus I like to drive it, I know how to launch and load and usually can dock ok depending on the slip type. All I ask is that he drive it on the trips, cause it would take me wayyyy to long to drive on the freeway pulling the boat with truckers everywhere!!! That's my peace from a woman's standpoint. :D

wsuwrhr
07-28-2002, 10:15 PM
Im laughing about this, because I call it our or my boat. Im soon to be married and I told her if she ever thought she would get half the boat, the only question I would ask is "What half do you want, left, right, front, or rear." I suggested the front half would be better becuase she can drag it wherever she wanted.
Brian
[ August 04, 2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

Moomawnster
07-29-2002, 04:01 AM
Well lets see ..... Five girlfriends ...one boat , boat is still here . I guess it's MINE! eek!

RiverDave2
07-29-2002, 11:11 AM
Depends on who I'm talking to..
Chick in a Bar = We are going to go party on MY boat tonight.
Guy staying at the house = Make sure you watch out for all the chicks partying/smoking in the old mans boat.
RD

lakemeadbums
07-29-2002, 05:51 PM
Now see I always thought that the back half would be better cause you could still use the prop? haa haaaaa lol
wsuwrhr:
Im laughing about this, because I call it our or my boat. Im soon to be married and I told her if she ever thought she would get half the boat, the only question I would ask is "What half do you want, left, right, front, or rear." I said the front half would be better becuase you could at least drag it to wherever you wanted.
Brian

Jbb
07-29-2002, 06:45 PM
When she has had a good day at the lake,racing everything she could find......Our boat!!
When something breaks.....Brians boat is broken! :confused:

JetBoatRich
07-29-2002, 07:12 PM
When money is being spent, she always says it is mine. I try to say our boat, when around her and the kids. eek!

INFINITEJJ
07-29-2002, 08:31 PM
NEW 2 RIVER:
When the boat is in the garage the wife calls it mine.when its on the water she calls it hers.
Go figureSO TRUE! And when it comes time to clean, wax, change oil or put gas in it's also mine. Kicked a rod it's mine.

shockwavebd
08-04-2002, 06:52 PM
My boat unless my wife can hear

OmegaBitch2
08-05-2002, 12:07 AM
Hey, all you gotta do is name the boat after her!!A guy once asked me"So this is your second boat?".."No" I say "Bitch 1 was already taken,shes sitting beside me!" Nuff said. :D http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/dk23.boat1.JPG

76 Sleekcraft
08-05-2002, 05:21 AM
We have two boats, a Ski Nautique and a Sleekcraft Jet. We either call it "The Nautique" or "The Jet" we do not lay claim. If a divorce happened, I would probably be left with "The life jacket" and she would probably get "The Boats". That's usually the North Carolina way it is.

WETDAWG
08-05-2002, 06:24 AM
The Ex usedto call it his boat until her lawyer told her what it was worth! :mad: Then it was her boat. Now she's gone and it's my boat (having paid for it twice now)
The new one brought her own boat! and that suits me just fine.hers is hers (until broken) and mine is mine!
As tell her all the time, It's my boat and I've only had one beer!...........Honey :rolleyes:
WD

The Raven
08-05-2002, 09:07 PM
My wife has worked it out very simply.
Whats hers is HERS!!
Whats Ours is HERS!!
Whats Mine is HERS!!
Or in other words, Our boat on MY trailer pulled by HER truck!!
The fun is handing HER the KEYS and lettin her figure out how to start it and MOVE it.
Two keys, 2 Ingnition switches, two Safty pull offs. 4 black levers [ gee which one is foward]
3 trim switches, 3 Trim plane switches.
Yes honey it is your boat, now get out of the way so we can go somewhere.
Boy will i catch hell for this one!!! [grinning]

79Hawaiian
08-05-2002, 10:50 PM
Hey OmegaBitch2,
There is no way that big block with supertrapps could be load enough for ear muffs. Is bitch1 that loud? eek!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/dk23.boat1.JPG[/QB][/QUOTE]
[ August 05, 2002, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: 79Hawaiian ]

OmegaBitch2
08-06-2002, 08:44 AM
Actually it is very loud,429(SCJ heads)11.6 comp turning @5600-5800 rpm(A/T, droop, hyd.divert,B impeller)Been kicked off the lake twice last year,and thats the only time I have to listen to #1 bitchin.And its not me shes cussin at!!!!

miller19j
08-06-2002, 02:00 PM
76 Sleekcraft:
We have two boats, a Ski Nautique and a Sleekcraft Jet. We either call it "The Nautique" or "The Jet" we do not lay claim. If a divorce happened, I would probably be left with "The life jacket" and she would probably get "The Boats". That's usually the North Carolina way it is.I like that “The Life Jacket”
I have to say my boat is my wife’s. Because when I bought it I told her I was buying her a boat , and she bought that line.
[ August 06, 2002, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

missboatnam1
08-06-2002, 06:41 PM
i ALWAYS say OUR boat, but mr b ALWAYS says MY boat.......is this just a guy macho thing or what??? :rolleyes:

hoolign
08-06-2002, 07:56 PM
mine...it's all mine...oh, hey honey......what's this about? you ask, they were asking who's fault our last arguement was,o.k. see ya later,have fun..where was I....oh yeah.. it's all mine!
:p

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-07-2002, 06:56 AM
Well, I got it in the divorce, so what does that tell you..... :D

Mrs. Dimarco Kid
08-08-2002, 07:31 AM
Hey WetDream...good question....for us, I guess it is "his" boat. It will have both of our names on it though, but in conversation, it is usually referred to as his!
Someday though, we will have a "her" boat in the family........... :)

WATERROCKET
08-08-2002, 09:25 AM
MINE, MINE ,MINE BUT..... SHES GOT HALF THE MONEY AND ALL THE BUTT. YES..ALL THE BUTT.