PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant

rvrtoy
10-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Is he only guilty of cheating on his wife or is he quilty of rape....what do you think and why? :confused:

al cole'holic
10-09-2003, 01:18 PM
...get a rope.

hd&boatrider
10-09-2003, 01:19 PM
rvrtoy:
Is he only guilty of cheating on his wife or is he quilty of rape....what do you think and why? :confused: I don't know but if it comes out that he did rape her he needs nailed to the wall. From what I understand CO is not the place to have these kind of charges against you. They are very harsh and if found guilty I believe he is looking at a minimum of 5 years. Also, no time off for good behavior. After that there is mandatory counseling that is not just a walk in the park. If found guilty the Lakers should dump him. He would probably only be able to eventually play for the Nuggets and then only when the team is at home. These penalties are very severe when compared to other states.

Essex502
10-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Definitely guilt of adultry.
Don't know about the rape...she said/he said.
The fact is...if he kept it in his pants he wouldn't be in this situation. Period.

Ziggy
10-09-2003, 01:34 PM
She offered, he accepted, she yells rape.
He's left standing shakin' his head :rolleyes:
She's a wacko and if they can get her true history revealed it'll tell a tale. eek!
Must have been something real kinky for him to cheat on the wifey....dumb move and shouldn't have done it but can be awefully tempting when its something you ain't gettin' at home.
[ October 09, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

mirvin
10-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Not only are the punishments more severe in CO, but they cover the "victim" to the end. Can't get any of the backround info that you need. No medical, no history, no nuthin!! Extrememly difficult to defend yourself in a CO court!!!

rvrtoy
10-09-2003, 01:41 PM
I think with his past being what it is ( a stand up citizen ) he probably is only guilty of adultry. She was taken by his celebrity status and threw herself at him. When she got questioned about where she was ( she was still working ) she made up this story to not get busted by her boss. There are only two people that know for sure argue and apparently they can't agree on the truth.

Gman
10-09-2003, 01:54 PM
I heard he had been seeing her for over a year. And that they were fooling around and he wanted to go back door she said no he said yes. And then wam bam she got nailed in the butt and yelled rape.

Kilrtoy
10-09-2003, 01:57 PM
cry WHO CARES cry

Johnwithjm
10-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Kilrtoy:
cry WHO CARES cry I'm sure all the Laker fans do. I think he is guilty on both counts. But that is for a jury to figure out not me

TheLurker
10-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Johnwithjm:
Kilrtoy:
cry WHO CARES cry I'm sure all the Laker fans do. I think he is guilty on both counts. But that is for a jury to figure out not me Guilty or not I really dont care.
The only problem is a jury wont know any better than any of us who is lieing. They will only be makeing an educated guess and they have been known to be wrong.
The only 2 people who really know the truth is Koby and that girl

ROZ
10-09-2003, 03:08 PM
The so-called details:
THE 19-YEAR-OLD WOMAN WAS RAPED after agreeing to go to Bryant’s suite at the resort where she worked, Eagle County Sheriff’s Detective Doug Winters testified Thursday at a preliminary hearing to determine whether Bryant will stand trial.
Winters described in graphic detail for a packed courtroom how the woman said she excitedly met the Los Angeles Lakers’ star in the lobby but left the hotel in tears after a vicious attack.
It began with a tour of the resort on June 30 that led to some flirting. She went back to Bryant’s room and showed him a tattoo on her back, then turned down his request to join him in the hot tub, Winters said.
Her shift at the front desk was ending and she wanted to go home, he said. “She stated she was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.”
She stood up to leave and Bryant gave her a hug that led to some consensual kissing, Winters said.
When she turned around to go, Bryant grabbed her by the neck from behind, controlling her movements and preventing her from leaving, pulled up her skirt and raped her against a chair, Winters said. She told investigators she told Bryant “no” at least twice, before bursting into tears as the five-minute attack went on.
During and after the rape, he said, Bryant kept asking, “You’re are not going to tell anyone, right?” She said she agreed at one point.
“She didn’t want him to commit more physical harm to her,” Winters said.
The woman said that Bryant forced her to kiss his penis after the attack, Winters testified. eek! He said a nurse who examined the woman later at a hospital found injuries consistent with a sexual assault.
The accuser told the detective that she tried to pry Bryant’s fingers away, and he stopped.
The prosecution presented photographs showing injuries to the victim, including one of a bruise on her jaw.
The accuser said she then went down and told the bellman her story.
Defense attorney Pamela Mackey suggested Winters had no idea when the bruise occurred. He said a nurse told him it came during the attack.
As the detective testified, the 25-year-old Bryant stared at him stone-faced, occasionally clenching his jaw. He faces up to life in prison if convicted of a felony charge of sexual assault.
Legal experts had expected the defense to waive the hearing and head straight to trial rather than allow prosecutors to lay out their case publicly for the first time.
“The only reason the defense would choose to go ahead with a preliminary hearing when it doesn’t have to is it believes — given the minimal amount of evidence the prosecution is going to be putting on — it may gain more by cross-examining those witnesses,” said Stan Goldman, a professor at the Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.
He suggested the defense may call witnesses to testify, a list that could include Bryant himself.
Judge Frederick Gannett, who said he would not rule Thursday on whether to proceed to trial, rejected defense requests to have the woman testify and to see her medical records. He also issued a gag order in the high-profile case.
The hearing began as hundreds of reporters and a handful of spectators gathered outside the courthouse to catch a glimpse of Bryant.
He arrived with his lawyers amid tight security in a caravan of three SUVs and said nothing to the crowd. He had to take off a necklace and was checked with metal detectors before walking into the courtroom.
Gannett had ordered Bryant to appear for a bond hearing even if the preliminary hearing was waived. He left the Hawaii training camp of the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday.
Bryant, free on $25,000 bond, was in Colorado in June to have knee surgery.
He has the right to go to trial within six months, but he could agree to push that back until later, perhaps after the NBA season ends early next summer.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
If that's the truth, get a rope....
[ October 09, 2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

MagicMtnDan
10-09-2003, 10:13 PM
* If he wasn't a basketball/baseball/football/hockey star NOBODY WOULD CARE ABOUT HIM
* If he wasn't a LA LAKER NOBODY IN SOCAL WOULD CARE ABOUT HIM
* If he wasn't pulling down $20+ million a year NOBODY WOULD CARE ABOUT HIM
* If he was your son you'd say he was innocent
* If she was your daughter, wife or relative you'd want to hang him
* He committed adultery at the very least
* He's starting to fall apart - his behavior, language, subjects he's talking about, tattoos - keep watching him this year - he'll be going through hell - hell that he brought onto himself. He only has himself to blame.
* There's plenty of physical evidence indicating that he forced himself into her
* If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.
* He's in deep $hit and I don't feel sorry for him at all. I do feel sorry for the Laker fans who can't deal with something that he created. It was about the most selfish thing he could have done - he's screwed up his life, his wife, his career, his team, her life, his kid's lives, his family's lives and all the Laker fans who don't have a life eek!

Kilrtoy
10-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Laker fans who don't have a life
I thought only Raiders fans didnt have lives.....

BigBoyToys
10-10-2003, 02:03 AM
He's done for. Guilty as charged.

vdrivenman
10-10-2003, 03:00 AM
Really who cares.There all guilty anyway.
They ALL(pro atheletes) make entirely too much money and think they are above the law.
He'll get off jusk like OJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 Eagle
10-10-2003, 05:33 AM
I like Dan's post.

OLDRAT
10-10-2003, 05:49 AM
Thanks MMD!!

Troubles No More
10-10-2003, 06:05 AM
I think he should be hung with a short rope from a tall tree in the center of town if he is guilty.
If it turns out the girl made-up the story she should be hung with a short rope from a tall tree…my.02

phebus
10-10-2003, 10:37 AM
I think he is just padding his resume so he can run for Governor of California some day. Hell if groping worked for Arnold, Kobe should be a shoe in.

rvrtoy
10-10-2003, 10:51 AM
After yesterdays testimony it doesn't look very good. If he is guilty give him the maximun sentence....if not give him his freedom. I just hope the REAL truth comes out smile_sp

Starloans
10-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Roz is right. I heard the reporter on Court TV this morning saying all that shit. A lot of detail to "make up". Here's what I think:
He banged her.
She did say no.
He ask her to kiss his dick.
He ask her "you're not going to tell anyone are you"
He probably had her by the neck as well.
He cheated on his wife.
Here's what's going to happen:
Go to court. Defense will try to prove woman is unstable and use her past against her. Depending on how much dirt they can get on her will decided if Kobe walks or not. Sounds like the defense has a good start on the dirt. And why is this chick in a room with him anyway discussing sex? Here's what you have. An allstar athlete cheating on his wife, WRONG. A mentally unstable chick working at a resort where the athlete is staying and looking for "attention" gets herself into a bad situation, ALSO WRONG"
Kinda like a political election. Who can get the most dirt on who. I'm a bettin man and I bet Kobe will walk but not without some fallout on his star status and endorsment income.

Dave C
10-10-2003, 01:18 PM
plus if he is found guilty (probably by a white jury, its CO) then out comes .....the "race card"
Jesse Jackson will come with all the tv cameras saying Kobe was 'railroaded' he can't get a fair trial with all these crackers, riots in LA, etc. etc.
This OJ... opps I meant.. Kobe saga has only begun!
[ October 10, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Dave C ]