PDA

View Full Version : Dilemna

Sho Nuff
08-29-2003, 11:11 AM
I have a cousin that is completley out of control. He is sucking the life out of my Aunt and Uncle. They have always taken real good care of him and were model parents. His problem is that he has no drive or motivation. He works and is not a dead beat or anything but he is 32 years old and still lives at home with his parents. They don't charge him rent, he has no bills and he spends his money on stupid stuff. He comes and goes as he pleases. My Uncle is ready to kick him out but my aunt is willing to let him stay. It is putting them at odds. What should they do?

Ziggy
08-29-2003, 11:19 AM
I got a big ol' boot that might work. My oldest was out and on his own right out of highschool..well on his own in the respect he had to manage his own affairs while in school in Phoenix. Now at 20 he's fully self sufficient and only stops by occasionally to do his laundry for free :cool:
This cousin of yours is milkin' his parents and his mom's soft heart.....

Tee
08-29-2003, 12:30 PM
Don't know what to tell ya, I was out on my own at 19.
Parents got tired of waiting for my lil sis to leave, so they moved out of the house. Sis is still in it.
Maybe your aunt/uncle could go that route.

hd&boatrider
08-29-2003, 12:33 PM
It is called co-dependancy. Your Aunt is the one with the problem not your Uncle. It is not even with your Cousin simply because who can blame him. She enables his behavior. He needs a boot to the ass and quickly
[ August 29, 2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

08-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Kick the ****in' deadbeat to the curb. Tell him to sink or swim.

572Daytona
08-29-2003, 12:42 PM
What is it with people that don't want to stand on their own 2 feet anymore? No ****ing pride. Let's just mooch off of someone else for a free ride. I've got a 21 year old that wants everything handed to him still but I can't imagine him still doing it at 32, don't scare me like that. The only reason someone who is no longer in school should be living off of their parents is if they are mentally or physically incabable of caring for themselves. My 2cents.

JetBoatRich
08-29-2003, 02:32 PM
If it were me, get out of my house. :o Easy to say then do on your kids, but come on you are over 30 and living at home?

MagicMtnDan
08-29-2003, 03:04 PM
You could always take him aside and tell him that he's sucking the life out of his parents and you're personally giving him 30 days to either get out of their house or have a plan that you find acceptable to do the same.
And tell him that any response other than "yes" will be met with a swift ass kicking.
Life is too short to have your kids living in your house for the rest of your life. Unless the kids is handicapped or the parents are and the kid is taking care of them, it's time for meatloaf to move out. Maybe you can help them by expediting his departure. :D

Kindsvater Flat
08-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Sounds like he milking them pretty good. Guess he likes his pay checks as spending money. Being able to have your own pay to blow and have to aunt and uncle pay for everything is bullshit. What are they going to do when they retire? Or are they already retired and he going to make them try and live on Social Security itself.