PDA

View Full Version : Personal Info on Internet

Her454
05-09-2003, 11:47 AM
This was on the local news in my area last night but I received the info last week via email. Anyone with a listed phone number is vulnerable.
Go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com) then type in your phone number (separated by
hyphens, including area code and click on Google Search. If your phone number is listed, it will show your name and address and give you two map options:
Yahoo and MapQuest. See how accurate the map is to your home. VERY SCARY!!!
Any person wishing to discover the physical location of a phone number, be it a home or business address, could use this feature to locate a physical street address, and receive directions on how to get there from anywhere
in the country. In the age of the internet communication we all know the dangers
of this - for adults and CHILDREN! People you do not even know will not only have your name and phone number but they will also have complete and
accurate directions to your home.
Google has made available an option that will allow anyone to REMOVE their telephone number from the database that is linked to the mapping feature. You will first need to check if your number is listed in this manner by attempting a search-entering your full telephone number separated by dashes [ACTUALLY, IT WORKS MUCH BETTER IF YOU SEPERATE BY USING A + (plus) SIGN].
> (e.g. 555-555-5555). If the number appears in the mapping database, an icon resembling a telephone will appear next to the first or second entry on the results page. Clicking on this icon will take you to a page containing a description of the service, and a link to request your number be removed from the database. So far unlisted numbers and cell phone numbers, do not show up. PLEASE,TAKE A MOMENT TO CHECK YOUR OWN PHONE NUMBERS.

beer hunter
05-09-2003, 11:56 AM
Her454,I actually got an Email on this subject the other day. ItÂ’s kind of scary. Thanks for passing it along :)

GlastronGuy
05-09-2003, 11:57 AM
It's nothing new. I've been using this to track people for a while.

RiverKitty
05-09-2003, 12:04 PM
Cool! :cool:
It's still got the guy listed that used to have this phone number....and I've lived here for 1 1/2 years!
Glad to see their not up-to-date on thier info! :D

TripleThreat
05-09-2003, 12:05 PM
"Reverse lookup" has been available for years. There are thousands of places that you are able to enter a phone number and reverse lookup the address.

Her454
05-09-2003, 12:14 PM
I know they have reverse look up etc, but I might mention that this site pulls up "anything" related to your phone number. Example, a co worker used her number, it pulled up her info AND info for her childrens sports teams as she had her number listed within their school website.
Just a thought.

voodooCanoe
05-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Not only can you find your house, you can find info on your neighbors, how much you house is worth, taxes on the property all sorts of s**t. jawdrop

Zuumer
05-09-2003, 03:24 PM
Her454,
Thanks girl :) :)
I checked and mine was there eek! eek!
Not anymore :D :D

TripleThreat
05-09-2003, 03:34 PM
I am really taken aback at how surprised people are that there is actually INFORMATION about people on the internet.
Zuumer, you may have taken it off of Google. But try the other dozen search sites and see what pops up. And then check one of the thousand reverse lookup sites and see what happens.
Lets look at it this way. If someone has your phone number...they know you! This isn't some weird phenomenom.
Now what I would be worried about is if you put your full name in and your SS#, or credit card # popped up, or vice versa.
I am really not bagging on you Her454. It is good to be conscious of what information is out there concerning you. But a phone number linked back to you is not that extraordinary.
[ May 09, 2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: TripleThreat ]

Havasu Hangin'
05-09-2003, 03:46 PM
Holy crap!
I have the wrong name and address on my driver's license!
Please call me "Merle" from now on...

ROZ
05-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Holy crap!
I have the wrong name and address on my driver's license!
Please call me "Merle" from now on... Hey Roxy...oops, Sorry. That was the old number...lol :D
[ May 09, 2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

BIGTYME
05-09-2003, 04:37 PM
people don't realize it but that stuff is all public info.
what you paid for your home
your listed phone number
property taxes
how much your home loan is for
and a bunch more!
[ May 09, 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: BIGTYME ]

topless
05-09-2003, 04:41 PM
I wasn't aware that they could get my address so I went to google and looked. They don't update it very often because I have had my phone number for a year and it still has someone elses name and address there. Guess my enemies (not that I have any) eek! can go to his house. :D :D

Jordy
05-09-2003, 05:27 PM
topless:
I wasn't aware that they could get my address so I went to google and looked. They don't update it very often because I have had my phone number for a year and it still has someone elses name and address there. Guess my enemies (not that I have any) eek! can go to his house. :D :D You know, if you just keep moving your trailer around they might never find ya... Even in the same park. :D :D :D
Sorry, couldn't pass that one up... see what kind of self control I have to deal with these days??? :D :D

topless
05-09-2003, 05:32 PM
jordanpaulk:
topless:
I wasn't aware that they could get my address so I went to google and looked. They don't update it very often because I have had my phone number for a year and it still has someone elses name and address there. Guess my enemies (not that I have any) eek! can go to his house. :D :D You know, if you just keep moving your trailer around they might never find ya... Even in the same park. :D :D :D
Sorry, couldn't pass that one up... see what kind of self control I have to deal with these days??? :D :D Shut up or I'm parking it in front of your house next!!!! LMAO

Jordy
05-09-2003, 05:33 PM
I have all kinds of room, you can even park it out back. I have running water and a sewer ya kin hook in ta... :D :D

topless
05-09-2003, 05:37 PM
jordanpaulk:
I have all kinds of room, you can even park it out back. I have running water and a sewer ya kin hook in ta... :D :D Sewer? Ya mean no outhouse? Whats running water? A stream?

Jordy
05-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Something like that... it's like rain from a pipe. :D

topless
05-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Well, that sounds like home to me! :D :D :D

RiverKitty
05-09-2003, 06:51 PM
topless:
I wasn't aware that they could get my address so I went to google and looked. They don't update it very often because I have had my phone number for a year and it still has someone elses name and address there. Guess my enemies (not that I have any) eek! can go to his house. :D :D Excellent! What's your phone number???

Infomaniac
05-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Her454:
This was on the local news in my area last night but I received the info last week via email. Anyone with a listed phone number is vulnerable.
Go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com) then type in your phone number (separated by
hyphens, including area code and click on Google Search. If your phone number is listed, it will show your name and address and give you two map options:
Yahoo and MapQuest. See how accurate the map is to your home. VERY SCARY!!!
Any person wishing to discover the physical location of a phone number, be it a home or business address, could use this feature to locate a physical street address, and receive directions on how to get there from anywhere
in the country. In the age of the internet communication we all know the dangers
of this - for adults and CHILDREN! People you do not even know will not only have your name and phone number but they will also have complete and
accurate directions to your home.
Google has made available an option that will allow anyone to REMOVE their telephone number from the database that is linked to the mapping feature. You will first need to check if your number is listed in this manner by attempting a search-entering your full telephone number separated by dashes [ACTUALLY, IT WORKS MUCH BETTER IF YOU SEPERATE BY USING A + (plus) SIGN].
> (e.g. 555-555-5555). If the number appears in the mapping database, an icon resembling a telephone will appear next to the first or second entry on the results page. Clicking on this icon will take you to a page containing a description of the service, and a link to request your number be removed from the database. So far unlisted numbers and cell phone numbers, do not show up. PLEASE,TAKE A MOMENT TO CHECK YOUR OWN PHONE NUMBERS. What is your phone number? I need to test it. :D
Here Is Mine (http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&ed=A6XXBup_0Tp5pcyrYUg._wZ7eHYE356ojnPKKvrxqJdAH6A w.myEHLwPrbw-&csz=BROKEN_ARROW+OK+74011&country=us)
Need a real engine for that boat, this is where it can be built.
[ May 09, 2003, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Mandelon
05-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Wow! I got two pages of stuff for my business..home was not listed so no info.
What about other numbers....social security, loan #'s etc????

topless
05-09-2003, 10:28 PM
RiverKitty:
topless:
I wasn't aware that they could get my address so I went to google and looked. They don't update it very often because I have had my phone number for a year and it still has someone elses name and address there. Guess my enemies (not that I have any) eek! can go to his house. :D :D Excellent! What's your phone number??? It's 909- 650-5412. Call me...I have alot to tell you. burningm

topless
05-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Here KITTY KITTY KITTY......still waiting for your call!!! Are you a little scaredy cat?

topless
05-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Well, never got the call from the Litter box, guess she got scared. :confused:

Tom Brown
05-10-2003, 11:57 AM
topless:
909- 650-5412. Call me... I've carved that into my night stand.

topless
05-10-2003, 12:38 PM
Tom Brown:
topless:
909- 650-5412. Call me... I've carved that into my night stand. I did the same with your number Tom. :D

RiverKitty
05-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Hey Slop!
My ignoring you will commence with you and your buddy here shortly. (Thanks for the advise Havasu Hangin'.)
However, just one thing I'd like to point out about your so called phone number that you were so kind to share with us.
Not like it should surprise us that your LYING *AGAIN* , but if you do a search in Google accroding to the very first post in this thread, you will find that this is what's called a Got Rejected (http://www.gotrejected.com/) phone number. You see, if you were to call a *rejected* phone number, you would find a recording at the other end that says you have been rejected! Rejection numbers are becoming quite popular in today's mainstream society. Typically used by girls who want to blow off guys at a bar, etc. So Tom, hope you have sandpaper for your night stand because when you try to give ol' Slop a buzz, you'll GET REJECTED!
Ahhhh, the amazing world of the internet!!! Gotta love it!
Let the *ignoring* commence!
I'm outta here!
Cheers ~RK :D

topless
05-10-2003, 01:03 PM
RiverKitty:
Hey Slop!
My ignoring you will commence with you and your buddy here shortly. (Thanks for the advise Havasu Hangin'.)
However, just one thing I'd like to point out about your so called phone number that you were so kind to share with us.
Not like it should surprise us that your LYING *AGAIN* , but if you do a search in Google accroding to the very first post in this thread, you will find that this is what's called a Got Rejected (http://www.gotrejected.com/) phone number. You see, if you were to call a *rejected* phone number, you would find a recording at the other end that says you have been rejected! Rejection numbers are becoming quite popular in today's mainstream society. Typically used by girls who want to blow off guys at a bar, etc. So Tom, hope you have sandpaper for your night stand because when you try to give ol' Slop a buzz, you'll GET REJECTED!
Ahhhh, the amazing world of the internet!!! Gotta love it!
Let the *ignoring* commence!
I'm outta here!
Cheers ~RK :D FYI, the number was for you...you are the one who is getting rejected. You seem so hostile. Maybe you should start taking long, relaxing bubble bathes. They might calm you down. Seems the showers are doing nothing for your blood pressure. You might also try meditation or a glass of wine. Or maybe just laugh once in a while. Oh by the way, could you please enlighten me on what I lied about? :confused:
[ May 10, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: topless ]

beyondhelpin
05-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Hey Info
I am only about 5 miles from you. Let me know when you will be at work so I can pickup one of those engines for myself! wink :D :D :D

Her454
05-12-2003, 11:26 AM
RK, ready for that beer yet? Or two, or three......... eek!