PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Cell Phone Warning

Boozer
03-16-2006, 09:47 AM
As I am sure many of you have already heard Motorola recently recalled all of the Razr phones being carried by T-Mobile and Cingular that were shipped after February 16th. The recall was due to a defective part in the phone. Apparently while on a call the LCD screen will turn completely white, drop the call, and then the phone completely reboots itself. Supposedly Motorola has corrected the problem and will be shipping out new Razr's that will not be having this problem. Motorola has fessed up to this problem because it was taking place on almost EVERY Razr shipped after February 16th but they are still not fessing up the fact that every one of their GSM phones in their current line up has SERIOUS software issues.
Over the last 5 years I have remained loyal to 2 cell phone manufacturers Motorola and RIM (Blackberry). At this time and probably for the rest of my life I will never purchase or recommend another Motorola cell phone again.
In December I purchased a Motorola V360 since December I have had to do 4 warranty exchanges for issues ranging from no reception to the phone becoming completely inoperable for no apparent reason after just a couple days of use. I would say 1 out of 2 Motorola phones I sell come back to me within the first 2 weeks due to various issues. Prior to owning the V360 I had an A630 that I had to replace 3 times under warranty due to software issues.
My advice to you all is to avoid Motorola products like the plague. Until Motorola learns that functionality of a phone is far more important then thin metal case designs and MP3 players that dont play 85% of the MP3s you load into the phone I wouldn't and wont recommend their products to my worst enemy.

Jordy
03-16-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey Boozer, have you gotten any pm's from bill collectors on here??? :D

topless
03-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Hey Boozer, have you gotten any pm's from bill collectors on here??? :DROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! Why did I know you would post that?

Sleek-Jet
03-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Long live the Star-Tac... :D :D :D

riverracerx
03-16-2006, 09:58 AM
I bought two RAZRs (actually they were free) after the supposed date. They work fine, no problems. It is my understanding that it was a very small batch with minor incidents, but they had to put a blanket date out there to cover themselves.
I like motorola products. I have had good luck with them. It is the service provider that has more issues with service than the phone manufacturer.
Sorry you have been having bad luck with their products.

WaTchTheGelCoat
03-16-2006, 10:49 AM
My Razor is a pile of chit. However it was purchased before Feb 16. It drops calls, and basicallt works when it wants to. Is there anything I can get out of Motorola for this $200.00 peice of shit?

Her454
03-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey Boozer, have you gotten any pm's from bill collectors on here??? :D
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too much! :rollside:
Well, whats the answer?

Boozer
03-16-2006, 11:16 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! Why did I know you would post that?
I just found that thread. Sorry I dont get on here much these days. Why in the fawk would a bill collector call your work looking for me and how in the hell would they get your work number in the first place?
You have my phone number dont you? :rollside:

Boozer
03-16-2006, 11:18 AM
My Razor is a pile of chit. However it was purchased before Feb 16. It drops calls, and basicallt works when it wants to. Is there anything I can get out of Motorola for this $200.00 peice of shit?
Right now the substitution for the Razr is the V360 (The phone I have which I think is also a POS).

Run_em_Hard
03-16-2006, 11:58 AM
I hate my Motorola. I am on my third one in about a year. All under the warranty. They are pieces of shit!!

Ziggy
03-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Moto's have always done me good..........helps not to loose phones too. ;) :D

sorry dog
03-16-2006, 12:12 PM
...so much for six sigma...

Her454
03-16-2006, 12:36 PM
..........helps not to loose phones too. ;) :D
Yes Zig, I felt that all the way up here. :rolleyes:

Ziggy
03-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Yes Zig, I felt that all the way up here. :rolleyes:
You don't miss a thing do ya ;) You felt that eh? :D :crossx:
I still luv ya.......no worries. :p

Her454
03-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I still luv ya.......no worries. :p
So does Cingular. :rolleyes: Im helping their stock grow.

Ziggy
03-16-2006, 01:10 PM
So does Cingular. :rolleyes: Im helping their stock grow.
I needed that stock tip after your 3rd phone, not now :rolleyes: :D

Windy
03-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I love my pink Moto Razr my hunny got me..no probs here. :)

Jordy
03-16-2006, 02:08 PM
I needed that stock tip after your 3rd phone, not now :rolleyes: :D
You remember back that far? Or did you mean her 3rd phone this year??? :D :D :D

Ziggy
03-16-2006, 02:39 PM
You remember back that far? Or did you mean her 3rd phone this year??? :D :D :D
LOL, actually no, but even if it was just this year it probably would have been a good buy :p :D