PDA

View Full Version : Key Bank Screwed Me...Help

MBA1620
06-27-2003, 01:57 PM
I applied for a loan with Essex, and was told that Key Bank in Ohio rejected me. Sorry SOB's. I have 15% to put down. I own my home value 160K, I have a good credit rating (over 700) and my assets to liabilites is 165K positive. Tax returns and 1040s to prove it. They said I was not approved because I have never borrowed more than 35K. Crap I didnt need to I paid cash for my house. Please send me some direction. I am a college professor and my wife is an RN. We make over 100K. And the answer is no about a home equity. I will need to do that in the very near future on some rental property repairs. Does someone know someone? Thanks in advance.

Keith E. Sayre
06-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Call me when it's convenient. I have some brokers
that will do the deal and you'll be happy with the
rates. They are miracle workers in their field!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

HavasuDreamin'
06-27-2003, 02:06 PM
You have a PM

al cole'holic
06-27-2003, 02:22 PM
I was just tellin my bro that they ****ing denied me too? I got alot of shit but damn all I was trying to do is refi the boat loan. He got a 5.49% or something and I thought it would be cool to save a little...I couldn't understand their logic either on the whole deal. :confused:

mike37
06-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Dont pay cash for stuff even if you have the money
get a lone thene pay it off in a few months
it will biuld your credit like no other
if you dont baro money you dont have good credit
no history to go by

SCUBA STEVE
06-27-2003, 07:16 PM
sounds like b.s. to me. I dont have all that & they approved me within a day. (keybank also)They must like CA $ better or something?
Good luck.

Seadog
06-27-2003, 07:27 PM
I had a professor in college. Retired marine avaitor, never borrowed in his life, Paid cash or did without. At retirement, he went to borrow to buy a house and got turned down. He had to spend two years borrowing amounts and then payng them off. The credit bureaus do not see "assets" They look at a track record. They can't rate you if you don't play their game. A credit rating is something people should work to build and protect.

SCUBA STEVE
06-27-2003, 07:30 PM
Seadog:
I had a professor in college. Retired marine avaitor, never borrowed in his life, Paid cash or did without. At retirement, he went to borrow to buy a house and got turned down. He had to spend two years borrowing amounts and then payng them off. The credit bureaus do not see "assets" They look at a track record. They can't rate you if you don't play their game. A credit rating is something people should work to build and protect. Isnt a rating of 700 good though?

NEW 2 RIVER
06-27-2003, 09:14 PM
I used to deal with Key bank in the auto industry and whenever they approved a loan for a customer they always tried to act like they were doing everyone a favor.Strict approval criteria and never would give me a good idea of what it was.
Strange lender!
Never got business from me unless I had too.

Riverhound
06-27-2003, 09:45 PM
We went through a similar situation with Key Bank. Part of the problem was Essex Credit. Lets just say thay are less then above board. Very strange folks. Ended up going with B of A and had no problems at all. Makes you wonder. :rolleyes:

Stupid Fast
06-28-2003, 03:06 PM
I live in Ohio and Had a truck loan through Society while they switched to Key. They had my account so screwed up I had to prove payments with canceled checks 3 times jawdrop so I sold the truck to get away. Twice since then they have hit my burningm credit burningm report for the same checks that I had to prove payments were made. Very terrible experience. Their excuse was the change over but when it comes to my money and credit there are no excuses
Eric

MBA1620
07-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Thanks to everyone so far. I still need to find someone that can make this deal happen, broker, financer whoever. Commission to be paid.

al cole'holic
07-01-2003, 11:45 AM
MBA1620:
Thanks to everyone so far. I still need to find someone that can make this deal happen, broker, financer whoever. Commission to be paid. Check into BofA, you'd be supprised.... :D

Havasu_Dreamin
07-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Have Essex try and run it thru Bank Of The West, that's who they used for my loan.

Boozer
07-01-2003, 11:54 AM
al cole'holic:
MBA1620:
Thanks to everyone so far. I still need to find someone that can make this deal happen, broker, financer whoever. Commission to be paid. Check into BofA, you'd be supprised.... :D I was turned down by a LOT of banks because of a stupid $135 collection on my credit report that I have been disputing for 2 years now. Credit score is like 710 but they were all turning me down because of the 1 stupid collection. Bank of America Approved me and locked me in 12 years and 6% interest. I even got a pre approval through them now for my next Boat and its a LOT of money on that approval. Now I just gotta get my house closed so I have a place to keep the big boat.

Rubths
07-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Havasu_Dreamin:
Have Essex try and run it thru Bank Of The West, that's who they used for my loan. Bank of the west did my motorhome. I would also recommend them!