PDA

View Full Version : Paging ShockwaveBob

1stepcloser
03-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey Bob,
What do you use to install a replacement source unit in 2005 silverado?
I bought a Metra kit but dont really like it. The face sticks out of the dash too far for my taste, and the pocket looks kind of dumb and out of place.
I'm looking for something that will recess the unit so that it appears more flush with the dash, but everything I find is the same basic flat design.

WFS ADAM
03-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey Bob,
What do you use to install a replacement source unit in 2005 silverado?
I bought a Metra kit but dont really like it. The face sticks out of the dash too far for my taste, and the pocket looks kind of dumb and out of place.
I'm looking for something that will recess the unit so that it appears more flush with the dash, but everything I find is the same basic flat design.
Are you sure that piece doesn't have the removable flush ring? If you remove the ring, the unit will move back further in the kit.
This is SWB.

1stepcloser
03-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, I'm not sure. There was alot of stuff in the kit, and it seems like it is designed to use the sleeve which fits the opening perfectly, but the the unit sticks way out. There are several different trim rings and brackets that came in the bag, and I admittedly didnt try too many configurations, so there is a way to recess the unit using the Metra kit?
What do you use at WFS?