PDA

View Full Version : BoatCop Question: Tickets, Arrests and States rights

Trailer Park Casanova
06-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Those who get citations in Arizona, and choose not to pay the fine or appear for them, will they have problems in other states other than Arizona with registrations, or getting their Drivers License renewed?
Thanks.

Boatcop
06-16-2003, 05:15 AM
For Boating citations, probably not. except that a warrant for arrest in Arizona will be issued, which winds up costing about 3 times as much in additional fines, not to mention the hassles of being arrested, poting bail, etc. if you're caught in Arizona.
For traffic cites, you're driving privileges in Arizona will be suspended. Some states MAY suspend your license if you have a ticket outstanding in Arizona. Also if it's a "Criminal traffic cite, a warrant will be issued, as above.
In both situations the court will treat the outstanding tickets as a "debt", and bring in a collection agency to collect the debt, putting a ding on your credit record.

Boozer
06-16-2003, 05:25 AM
Anyone know what minor consumption tickets end up costing you in Arizona? I have one out there from 2 years ago that I need to clear up sometime soon so I dont go to jail on my next visit.

Boatcop
06-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Probably about $500-$1,000 bucks by now. There's the fine for the original charge, and an additional charge for the failure to appear.
You'll have to appear before the judge. This can't be handled by mail.