PDA

View Full Version : Talk about having a bad day at work...

MagicMtnDan
07-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Demolition Team Destroys Wrong House
PHOENIX-July 10, 2003 — Jenny Lopez's home is a pile of rubble after a demolition crew mistakenly tore down the wrong house.
The house that was supposed to be demolished Wednesday was across the street from Lopez's, where she had lived for 30 years. Although the home was vacant, the family stored household items there and had hoped to sell it.
House numbers in the southwest Phoenix neighborhood are not well-marked and all the mailboxes sit on one side of the street, making identification difficult.
Foresight Investment Group of Phoenix hired contractors to tear down the house across the street from Lopez's. It was vacant, boarded up and fenced in.
"We were either going to sell the property or build a new house," said Joe Uruquart, one of the company's owners.
One of Lopez's old neighbors spotted the heavy construction equipment in her yard and alerted family members. But when they arrived, the house had already been torn down.
Demolition man David Gomez declined to comment about the incident but told a television station that he would probably lose his job.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-10-2003, 01:45 PM
WOW!!! That really sucks. jawdrop

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-10-2003, 01:56 PM
If they didn't know for sure what house it was why didn't they ask a neighbor. Plus why didn't the neighbor next door stop them then call the family? Just a question. I do feel for the family though. eek!

Hermosa
07-10-2003, 02:56 PM
MRS FLYIN VEE:
If they didn't know for sure what house it was why didn't they ask a neighbor. Plus why didn't the neighbor next door stop them then call the family? Just a question. I do feel for the family though. eek! Hey, I wouldn't be thinking straight in that Arizona heat either. I once had a roofing company pull my old shingle roof off by mistake, they were on the right street and address, just the wrong city, Hermosa... they were supposed to be in Manhattan Beach. It actually worked out OK, we worked out a deal, benificial for both parties, I needed a roof badly anyhow. Was kind of a shock pulling up from the house and seeing 10 guys on my roof pulling it apart.

Kurtis500
07-10-2003, 02:56 PM
It sucks. But the neighborhood there has many vacant run-down houses. They should get thier moneys worth and then some after the suit.
[ July 10, 2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Kurtis500 ]