PDA

View Full Version : R/C question

Phat_Kat
09-07-2003, 12:47 PM
I have a Traxxas bandit electric buggy. The little sucker runs like hell and I have decided to give it a boost. I figure I might as well hop it up for glamis this year so I'd like to put a lower turn motor in it and maybe lower the gear ratio. I'm going to run the proline slingshot paddle tire. I was wondering what is the best electronic speed control with unlimited engine turn capacity and built in braking. Also what are some good quality sprockets for my buggy? I'm growing tired of the plastic sprockets wearing down every month. And finnally what would be the best front tire to run in the sand.
Thanks,
PK

I_C_E_Y
09-07-2003, 01:26 PM
I would modify it if possible to use a gas motor. Screw waiting forever for the thing to charge and the slower speeds. Gas = better. Gas doesn't lose performance either like a battery does. If you time it right you can refill without shutting her down too.

Phat_Kat
09-07-2003, 01:33 PM
I_C_E_Y:
I would modify it if possible to use a gas motor. Screw waiting forever for the thing to charge and the slower speeds. Gas = better. Gas doesn't lose performance either like a battery does. If you time it right you can refill without shutting her down too. I've considered that too! However, Electric provides instant tourque and I only intend to do drag racing which is where tourque is manditory. If you have any suggestions for a 4 wheel drive small truck or 1/8th scale buggy that is gas powered feel free to do so. I remember one company had great prices on their 4 wheel drive, chapionship winning 4 wheel drive buggy. I prefer buggies to trucks because the style of driving I do suits them better. But please feel free to recommend a buggy.
Thanks,
PK

I_C_E_Y
09-07-2003, 01:42 PM
If I were to drag race on dirt I would run as light as possible. Probably weld my own frame out of aluminum or somthing lighter and mount it myself. 2wd is better for dragging unless your going to get stuck then those extra 2 turning wheels come in. Gas has the uper hand in speed by far. I'm not sure what the statistics are on torque but I know my nitro hawk had plent of torc when it ran well. (Know I can't even find the motor) I would get up on 2 wheels when I got the grip on the dirt becuase I moved the center of gravity and I had plenty of power. I gurantee I could smoke all eletric. Especially if we do braket races with more than 2 people :) .

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
09-07-2003, 09:31 PM
I would run a wide front tire to float on the sand or the thin ones will dig and spin the back. It has been a while but Novacks and Tekin are good speed controllers.
GAS? Sand in carb. Too many prob. Elec,charge and go no prob. Just my 2 cents wink

I_C_E_Y
09-08-2003, 12:02 PM
I have never had sand in my carborator. It is impossible if imo on a traxxas motor (the one i'm familar the most with). All have have to do to clean the carb is rise it out and add oil to the sponge. The only way to get dirt in your motor is if you kick dirt in your gas tank or somthing stupid like that and your filter fails.