PDA

View Full Version : Bike crash

HCS
05-17-2003, 05:44 AM
Smooth move. Bike crash (http://www.wildcrazy.com/wildcrazy/Movies/streetbikes.mpg)

FMluvswater
05-17-2003, 06:01 AM
Youch! Damn that had to have hurt!

wsuwrhr
05-17-2003, 06:28 AM
I have seen that before, you have to wonder what the lead dumbass was thinking since he DID look back before he crossed the other bikes path. I always choose very carefully who I ride bikes with for the same reason. Same criteria for shooting guns....
Brian

JetBoatRich
05-17-2003, 06:34 AM
Mine will not play :mad:

GlastronGuy
05-17-2003, 07:06 AM
wsuwrhr:
I have seen that before, you have to wonder what the lead dumbass was thinking since he DID look back before he crossed the other bikes path. I always choose very carefully who I ride bikes with for the same reason. Same criteria for shooting guns....
Brian I was wondering the same thing and agree on both points.

burbanite
05-17-2003, 07:16 AM
Kinda topical for me right now. We have one of our guys into his third week in hospital after crashing his Hyabusa in the parking lot here at work, he wheelied, got second gear and then ran out of talent. Broken pelvis, torn ligaments, internal bleeding etc, etc.

wsuwrhr
05-17-2003, 07:37 AM
Lots of bike, lots of power, lots of weight.
Sorry to hear it, I hope he heals up.
Brian
[ May 17, 2003, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

Sleek-Jet
05-17-2003, 07:41 AM
burbanite:
he wheelied, got second gear and then ran out of talent. Ran out of talent, that's one of the better ones on here lately. Hope the guy's going to be OK.
What do they say? Judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from lack of judgement.
[ May 17, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Sleek-Jet ]

burbanite
05-17-2003, 08:25 AM
The irony of it is that he is a safety conscious rider, always had his helmet on, proper footwear and clothing - this time he had just done a sprocket change and exhaust mod, went outside and within 10 seconds he was wearing a steel fencepost.......
Thankfully the internal bleeding didn't get him before he got to hospital, the Dr's said they often don't get the chance to work on people with these types of injuries, they bleed to death quickly.
He is expected to make a (nearly) full recovery but it will be a long process, he has a halo holding his pelvis together that looks to me like a great place to sit a beer can so it's not all bad wink At least he is getting a ton of sympathy from the chicks, and boy is he playing that for all it's worth...

Dribble
05-17-2003, 09:27 AM
That had to leave a mark.

hoolign
05-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Shitty.my bud was in a good wreck a few weeks ago
hit by a drunk driver on his hog,lost half one leg
doctors saved the other,he's in pretty good spirits,I got a stupid look when i said"well,your socks will last twice as long"
It can happen quick,and it's mostly the other guy you need to worry about!

Kilrtoy
05-18-2003, 08:56 AM
Two accidents last week
1: a new GSX1000 doing over a hundred on a curve hit a tree, he stopped 2 feet from the tree and the bike went another 578, yeah thats 2 football feilds. Bike was only 3 days old
2: another new bike 2 weeks old and was doing 75 (in a 35) thru and intersection when a car left turned infront of him.
Both didnt make it, the dealers will sell a bike to any person even thou its beyond their capabilities, its a sad story but will continue to happen......

Ms. XLGPP
05-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Kilrtoy:
Two accidents last week
1: a new GSX1000 doing over a hundred on a curve hit a tree, he stopped 2 feet from the tree and the bike went another 578, yeah thats 2 football feilds. Bike was only 3 days old
2: another new bike 2 weeks old and was doing 75 (in a 35) thru and intersection when a car left turned infront of him.
Both didnt make it, the dealers will sell a bike to any person even thou its beyond their capabilities, its a sad story but will continue to happen...... Selling motorcycles for a living I have seen it time after time. But a dealer is not the blame here, there is no possible way to regulate what a person buys. Each time I have a sport bike customer I get to know the person and their riding skills (or lack there of) and try and put them on the bike that best fits their needs. Nine times out of ten the consumer does not care if the bike is out of there range if that is what they have their heart set on they will buy it.

wsuwrhr
05-18-2003, 04:09 PM
And this is America. I can ride and have been riding for some time. Judgement has to weigh in here somewhere, the same goes for powerboats. I could by the biggest boat I could afford. Does it mean I am going to crash it? Maybe. But you have to learn somewhere. People come in all types. It doesn't matter what you buy, it is how you use it.
The same salesman told me not to buy the bike I wanted, I bought it anyway, and I am still here. Crashes happen and people get hurt, thats life, and that is the way it is.
Brian
[ May 18, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

wsuwrhr
05-18-2003, 04:12 PM
I didn't blame the dealer either, I listened to what the salesman said, came back the next day and bought the bike I was looking at.
It was a big step up from what I had ridden, and you know, I wheelied it over two weeks after I got it. Taught me a very good lession, know what you have before you start playing with it, everything has limits.
[ May 18, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

XLGPP
05-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Kilrtoy:
Two accidents last week
Both didnt make it, the dealers will sell a bike to any person even thou its beyond their capabilities, its a sad story but will continue to happen...... And how is that any different from ANY boat manufacturer???

spectratoad
05-18-2003, 05:52 PM
That will leave a mark! :D

sidewound
05-18-2003, 08:46 PM
MORONS ON WHEELS! I been ridin HARLEYS for almost 30 years. Guess I don't mind it's a little slow. I don't need to hang with the stupid f*#ks that ride that crap. Much less have another idiot there to film the whole thing. More power to the MORONS. Hope his kid sees that and dad has a war story. Morons like that are the people who have made MANDITORY helmet laws and seatbelt laws a reality. Infringing on my personal rights to accomidate the STUPIDITY of the minority of dumb f*#ks in the world. Nice job you MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
05-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Well lets see where do I start.
It is no different than any dealer selling anything and yes that includes boats especially JET SKIS. But like a teenager who is trying to get his license they have to go to school. Also an adult must take a road test and a written test. The bike road test is a joke. I have been riding motorcycles for somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 years. I have been down 3 times, all were my fault( attribute that to youth). I ride somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,500 miles a month. I doubt there are more than 5 people on this site that can even come close to the level of skills I possess. I hate going over 70 on my bike, it is just to damn dangerous. Any idiot can go straight and fast, some learn to go on one wheel, some even learn how go fast and scrap their knees. But not many ever train to stop in emergency conditions, or maneuvers. Not many even know the approapriate application of the brakes, proper hand poistions or body prosturing.......

HCS
05-19-2003, 10:13 AM
A girl freind of the wives took motorcycle lessons put on by the Cal Highway patrol,
Got her license, then went down the next weekend and bought a brand new Harley.
On here way home from the Dealership she crashed on the freeway and died.
No one ever figured out what happen. She crashed all by herself.
I don't know if there's any moral to that, it just goes to show you can never be prepared.

manson
05-20-2003, 05:44 PM
dont know if you guys have heard of this before or not but in reply to what everybodys saying about wrecking stuff check out
www.crashedtoys.com (http://www.crashedtoys.com)

CA Stu
05-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Kilrtoy:
Well lets see where do I start.
It is no different than any dealer selling anything and yes that includes boats especially JET SKIS. But like a teenager who is trying to get his license they have to go to school. Also an adult must take a road test and a written test. The bike road test is a joke. I have been riding motorcycles for somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 years. I have been down 3 times, all were my fault( attribute that to youth). I ride somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,500 miles a month. I doubt there are more than 5 people on this site that can even come close to the level of skills I possess. I hate going over 70 on my bike, it is just to damn dangerous. Any idiot can go straight and fast, some learn to go on one wheel, some even learn how go fast and scrap their knees. But not many ever train to stop in emergency conditions, or maneuvers. Not many even know the approapriate application of the brakes, proper hand poistions or body prosturing....... Practice countersteering and emergency stops regularly, you'll be a better rider. Take the MSF course, and most importantly, don't drink and ride. Motorcycles can be a great mode of transport and source of fun, or they can be a source or tragedy. It's up to the operator.
I'm curious, Kilrtoy, waht kind of bike do you have that sees 2500 miles a month? That's about 10 months in the life of an average streetbike.
CA Stu
KLR 650
Sprint ST

Ziggy
05-20-2003, 06:22 PM
After 30+ years of riding and a few close calls, I decided to stick to off-road riding, primarily dunes....in most cases you will get hurt only by your own (stupid) actions, unless you have some drunk bozo that mis-shifts and turns around in front of you(that happened to my son). My son was lucky and only ended up with a broken arm. His helmet we still have, complete with paddle mark on it.
And of course, the drunk bozo bolted not to be seen again.
[ May 20, 2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

mbrown2
05-20-2003, 06:26 PM
That guy must ride Jet Ski's; I have saw that move before.. jawdrop

vdrivenman
05-20-2003, 06:47 PM
It is not a matter of IF you will wreck on a motorcycle, but a matter of when. I rode one for daily in my employment for years and had 2 major accidents, 11 years apart. both wrecks were with in a mile of the house.
Training and practice can prepare you for what to do, but sometimes an accident is totally unavoidable.
As with any sport ,you should start at the basic level and work your way up as your skills and knowledge increase.
All addictions have their cost !

Kilrtoy
05-23-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm curious, Kilrtoy, waht kind of bike do you have that sees 2500 miles a month? That's about 10 months in the life of an average streetbike.
Kawi 1000, soon a RT1150

Hal
05-23-2003, 08:55 PM
I don't know what happened to the rider but I bet he is glad he's off the bike..
http://www.sportbikerider.us/Sportbike_Rider/Pictures6/flying2%2Ejpg
http://www.sportbikerider.us/Sportbike_Rider/Pictures6/flying3%2Ejpg
http://www.sportbikerider.us/Sportbike_Rider/Pictures6/flying4%2Ejpg

Hal
05-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Then there always the guy that said let me take your bike for a little ride, I won't hurt it!
http://www.sportbikerider.us/Sportbike_Rider/Pictures10/tiny%5F%5Fhonda%5Fwheelie%2Ejpg

wsuwrhr
05-24-2003, 06:05 AM
That is exactly how I ate shit the first time I crashed my 900RR. Wheelied it over. Sucked, I hadn't even made the first payment yet.
Brian

Jungle Boy
05-24-2003, 11:24 AM
hoolign:
Shitty.my bud was in a good wreck a few weeks ago
hit by a drunk driver on his hog,lost half one leg
doctors saved the other,he's in pretty good spirits,I got a stupid look when i said"well,your socks will last twice as long"
It can happen quick,and it's mostly the other guy you need to worry about! Jeff, I heard that it was Joe Davis that got hit. That's shitty. I heard that he is in good spirits for something as bad as that happening. Hope he get back to work soon.

sandycheeks
05-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Hey Hardcore, since when do you have more than one wife??? :confused: :confused: I thought I was the only one and last I checked we were not Morman. If this is not making any since to you I'm refering to Debbie who crashed on her new Harley on the way home from the dealership.

HCS
05-24-2003, 01:38 PM
sandycheeks:
Hey Hardcore, since when do you have more than one wife??? :confused: :confused: I thought I was the only one and last I checked we were not Morman. If this is not making any since to you I'm refering to Debbie who crashed on her new Harley on the way home from the dealership. My wife had a friend name Debbie that crashed on her new bike on the way home from the dealership. :p
I have X wives. :D

sandycheeks
05-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Yes threes a charm when it comes to wives. :D :D :D

CA Stu
05-24-2003, 10:11 PM
Kilrtoy:
Kawi 1000, soon a RT1150 Read you loud and clear, I know what those two bikes have in common.
CA Stu <-- never ever goes over the speed limit :D