PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever lost track of time reading a dictionary?

FMluvswater
03-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Looking up one word and get sidetracked either by other words on the pages or because the definition you found points you to another word which points you to another one etc and next thing you know something that should have taken two minutes or less has turned into nearly an hour (or worse!)? If you've ever done this and are not admitting to it I have three words for you- CLUCK CLUCK SQUAWK! If I'm the only one then I guess I'm SOOL in finding a 12 step program to overcome this weakness. Hmmm, maybe it really IS too cold here in Canada (or something)? wink LOL!

Mandelon
03-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Uh,.............. no.

SCUBA STEVE
03-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Speak of spelling is there spell check here on the boards?? If not I am going to change my name to, scuba can't spell steve.

gigamurph
03-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Nope; can't say that I have ever lost track of time while readin' the dictionary. Let's seeee; yep, it's right there between "timbrel" and "time and a half"; right where it's always been! Think before ya ask these questions! :p

MJ19
03-17-2003, 09:58 PM
I have to admit it...in fact, this link is one of my bookmarks :rolleyes:
http://www.m-w.com/
Comes in handy all the time!!! :D

BlownHowardCat
03-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Those things are still around ???

MJ19
03-17-2003, 10:53 PM
BlownHowardCat:
Those things are still around ??? You mean the " Dic -tion-ary" hee, hee :p ...I remember when I was a little girl...I thought it was sooo fun to say that word, because 'dic' was part of it...ooohhh pretty risque! :D

RiverKitty
03-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Do you remember when (in the old days) the salesmen use to go door to door selling an entire set of Encylopedia's that came with a *free* dictionary???
Now all you have to do is go to www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) und WALLA!
Times sure are changin' fast! :rolleyes:

FMluvswater
03-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Hi I'm FM and I have a problem ... I have read a DIC tionary and what's worse is .. I liked it! :) Is the coffee burned yet? No? I'll wait then. Coffee must taste like fuel at these types of meetings or I might think I'm in a cafe. Just 11 more steps to go sigh. smile_sp

MJ19
03-17-2003, 11:48 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
Hi I'm FM and I have a problem ... I have read a DIC tionary and what's worse is .. I liked it! :) Hello, I'm MJ and I have actually put my hands all over a "DIC-tionary" and liked it... :D

FMluvswater
03-18-2003, 12:02 AM
MJ19- OMG! Me too!! Have you ever umm you know fallen asleep holding onto a DIC tionary and you know ... drooled on it? jawdrop

MJ19
03-18-2003, 12:39 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
MJ19- OMG! Me too!! Have you ever umm you know fallen asleep holding onto a DIC tionary and you know ... drooled on it? jawdrop No I haven't done that, but I have stroked it for long periods of time. eek!

FMluvswater
03-18-2003, 01:22 AM
MJ19:
FMluvswaterbabe:
MJ19- OMG! Me too!! Have you ever umm you know fallen asleep holding onto a DIC tionary and you know ... drooled on it? jawdrop No I haven't done that, but I have stroked it for long periods of time. eek! That sounds kinda kinky ... I've never done THAT! wink LMAO! Butter wouldn't melt in my mouth either. ROFLMAO! :D

GasTurbine
03-18-2003, 05:09 AM
RiverKitty:
Do you remember when (in the old days) the salesmen use to go door to door selling an entire set of Encylopedia's that came with a *free* dictionary???
Now all you have to do is go to www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) und WALLA!
Times sure are changin' fast! :rolleyes: Ccareful River...youre dating yourself. :D

Blown 472
03-18-2003, 07:14 AM
MJ19:
FMluvswaterbabe:
MJ19- OMG! Me too!! Have you ever umm you know fallen asleep holding onto a DIC tionary and you know ... drooled on it? jawdrop No I haven't done that, but I have stroked it for long periods of time. eek! Well now, I am not quite sure of where to go with this one, was it fun?? :D

MJ19
03-18-2003, 09:29 AM
Blown 472:
Well now, I am not quite sure of where to go with this one, was it fun?? :D hee, hee... :D
[ March 18, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

FMluvswater
02-04-2004, 10:26 AM
I should put 'wasn't me' back in my siggy. :o