PDA

View Full Version : SPAM... Does anyone need new windows for their home or condo???

Cantrip
02-06-2003, 05:25 PM
There is a company I am working with that sells the best Vinyl replacement windows on the market, its a company called Atrium, they are in Anaheim CA. Anyways, they are twice as quiet and efficient as normal aluminum frame windows, they use 1/8in glass as opposed to 1/16 and they use 2 panes with extruded vinyl frames, unconditional lifetime guarantee on the glass too. Let me know, its cheaper to replace your windows then yout think too, an average home costs anywhere from 6-8 thousand. Email me or PM and let me know if you are interested, I can set the appt and the guys come to your house and give you a free estimate and show you the products.
[ February 06, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Cantrip ]

Sleek-Jet
02-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Six to Eight grand!!! Great, there goes the blower motor. I think I'll keep the ever efficient two sheets of plastic and cardboard.
It's not cold in here, it's nipply!!! :D :D

Mandelon
02-06-2003, 05:51 PM
http://www.spam.com/assets/hp/GoodGone3_animation.gif

Kilrtoy
02-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Just did that, they are going in next week. After careful research and not the company line(***boat=BUILDERS)we chose Atrium. Bottom line they are the best. Don't know about the 6-8 thousand. We paid well under $3,000.00. Dad also did his house, he has double the windows also Atrium $4,500.00

ACCEPTENCE
02-06-2003, 06:46 PM
I too was thinkin 6-8 grand was sounding real high end!!! It pays to shop and research...

BALLSDEEP
02-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Personally, I think windows are a big ****ing racket!! I cant tell you how many presenations I got suckered into after a "qualified" sale rep measured everything....My quotes ranged anywere from 5-10 grand and I got stuck listening to some jackass tell me how good his product was. Then when you tell them you dont want to spend that much, they have another product for you. I finally said **** it, This cant be that hard, so I went down to the Depot (home depot)and bought the best ones they offered. It cost under $2000.to replace 15 windows and I had it done in a weekend. I think I am going to start a window business on the side!!!

Kilrtoy
02-06-2003, 07:37 PM
BALLSDEEP
You are so right it is the second biggest scam next to boats and how much they charge you for a 55 gallon drum of liquid with a motor.........

andy01
02-06-2003, 07:46 PM
6-8K???? No wonder your looking for work!

bigq
02-06-2003, 08:29 PM
ACCEPTENCE:
I too was thinkin 6-8 grand was sounding real high end!!! It pays to shop and research... Thats nothing our last quote was 14k eek! .I have a 1600 sq ft house. After some research 2400 was more like it.

Cantrip
02-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Bigq, that is about right for a home of your size.
6-8 thousand is an average, it all depends on what kind of windows you use and weather you want french doors, etched glass, the top line windows slide and swing out and they are a little pricey, the reason I gave a higher average price is because people usually opt for the high line windows but we just did my neighbor's house, 17 windows for 5k, installed, not bad in my opinion. These are not the cheapest windows, trust me, but as Kilrtoy said, they are the best.
[ February 06, 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Cantrip ]

Kilrtoy
02-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Well, we got dual payne, low E-Glass, Dual sliders, both removable, Vinyl with grids. Sorry I don't know window lingo and they were the best ANLIN had to offer, my wife corrected me. They are the best window on the market. That is per every single dealer we talked too.................