PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose: Hall of Fame?

silver surfer
07-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Anyone watching ESPN Pete Rose Trial Johnny C and Alan D ? My vote let Charlie Hustle in. Hell, OJ can kill and keep his f***in Heismann. I would do a poll but I don't know how.
[ July 17, 2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: silver surfer ]

little rowe boat
07-17-2003, 06:38 PM
He should have been inducted years ago.HELL YES HE IS ONE OF THE BEST THE GAME HAS EVER KNOWN. argue

little rowe boat
07-17-2003, 06:38 PM
He should have been inducted years ago.HELL YES HE IS ONE OF THE BEST THE GAME HAS EVER KNOWN. argue

little rowe boat
07-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Sorry about the double post.

07-17-2003, 06:41 PM
I agree....vote him in now!

HOSS
07-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Hell ****in` yeah let Pete in. We all grew up with the mother****er. Badass of Baseball! Pete didn`t take NO SHIT! All he has to do is admit that he bet on baseball and he`s back in. I don`t give a half a rats ass if he did or didn`t. Let him back in ,,,he ****in` payed his dues, towed the line, earned the right of passage. Yeah, and OJ is a great American hero. Hell, I wouldn`t convict him either.
Oh yeah,,,,,by tha way,,,,,,I`m a white guy. :D

HOSS
07-17-2003, 07:07 PM
But I still hate niggas! wink

Ultracop
07-17-2003, 07:14 PM
Yes.........

JetBoatRich
07-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Let him in, he was a great player who made bad decisions :mad:
[ July 17, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

NEW 2 RIVER
07-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Pete Rose is the Man,Mr.Charlie Hustle.Tough call because he knew the rules and broke them.Did he pay his debt?yes.But if there is any proof he bet on his own team against or for :confused: then rules are rules and he broke them.

Seadog
07-17-2003, 07:27 PM
I think the whole thing was a power trip and wrong, but when you think of all the other great players that got banned on less evidence..........

HOSS
07-17-2003, 07:33 PM
YO bra! What ****in` evidence? He bet on a game. Not that I`m sayin` he did,,,but hey. But it wasn`t his team. It was a game.....PERIOD! Didn`t Michael Jordan do the same? None of you remember him DIVING into the plate. He invinted goin` for broke, Givin` it all ya got, never say die, losers never win. How dare anyone who is above the age of 33 even down grade Pete in the least! :o

Hallett19
07-17-2003, 07:51 PM
did you see that standing ovation he got, where was that at ? Let him in, he is awesome, everyone makes mistakes.

ratso
Knocking Pete Rose = GAY

Johnwithjm
He has served his time. He was one of the best I say let him in.

NorCal Gameshow
07-17-2003, 07:58 PM
let him in.... with all the BS going on in pro sports today .....
as a dodger fan i didn't like him when he played.
yes, i'm old enough to remember him, bench,morgan and the big red slurpee machine :D :D :D

CA Stu
07-17-2003, 11:05 PM
I'm going out front RIGHT NOW to do a face first slide into my mailbox as my personal tribute to Charlie Hustle.
CA Stu
PS I'll give you 5 to 1 that Pete Rose makes it to Cooperstown before 2005 :D

JetBoatRich
07-18-2003, 05:32 AM
CA Stu:
PS I'll give you 5 to 1 that Pete Rose makes it to Cooperstown before 2005 :D I like the odds wink

Essex502
07-18-2003, 05:40 AM
Let him in. I don't care if he bet on a game or not AFTER his playing career was over. So what if he bet on another team's game? Is there ANY evidence it HURT baseball at all? What hurts baseball is this ridiculous controvery about his induction. His on-field statistics are what matters to be in the Hall in my opinion. Look at the drunks and other miscreants that the Baseball Hall of Fame and other halls have in their ranks. F&ck baseball until they put him in.

Jungle Boy
07-18-2003, 05:57 AM
Pete Rose IS baseball. Like, he's the only baseball player that ever bet,,,,,,,Ya Right. Get his ass in there. And as far OJ goes, pull his trophy and throw his smiling ass in jail. He's a "Honky serial killer".

Seadog
07-18-2003, 10:41 AM
I never said Pete should not be allowed in the HOF. What I was saying was that when you consider all the people that have been screwed in the past, are they going to open that can of worms? Remember Shoeless Joe and the Black Sox? There was a lot of questions in that little fiasco. Let's not get baseball mixed with BB or FB.
As far as what Rose did, he had a gambling problem and he violated the rules. That is not in dispute. Whether I think he should be banned for life is not my decision to make. I may think it CS, but I see it from a different perspective.

Caribbean Jet
07-18-2003, 10:46 AM
I say vote him in, just keep him out of the everyday aspects of the game. He knew the rules when he played. He is one of the greats and he should be remembered.

dimarcobros
07-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Does it really matter....LET HIM IN!!! He was a great player and that is what the Hall is all about.

gigamurph
07-18-2003, 12:43 PM
I agree with the sentimenmt of the majority! Regardless of what he did, I think induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame should be determined by your actions between the lines!.....and nobody, save for a few, have played the game harder than "Charlie Hustle"! I say vote him in and s**t can Bud Selig! It's a neck and neck race between him and Vincent as to who was the most blunderin' and ineffective commisioner of all time! Ya know, the same argumment could have been made about Selig bein' commisioner since he was an owner of the Milwaukee Brewers (does he still own them,I only keep up with real baseball teams, which they haven't been in years; sorry Brewers fans). The conflict of interest is just as damagin' to the game as Rose's gamblin'. Let him in and give him his just rewards! I also think it's time that baseball quit blackballin' Mays and give Hank Aaron the true recognition as one of the most prolific "hitters" in the game, and not treatin' him as an "oh yeah, him too."! JMO :)