PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Job

Dyce51
03-28-2003, 12:29 PM
Well if things go right I just applied for a job with Lake Havasu City...So hopefully I will get it and then My wife and I will be moving out there sooner that we thought :D

JetBoatRich
03-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Good luck, I would say it will better than Ohio. At least the weather :p

MJ19
03-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Hopefully it won't keep you too busy, I'm sure you'll want to enjoy the lake a bit :D
Congrats on the possible new job...fingers are crossed for you :)

SCUBA STEVE
03-28-2003, 05:02 PM
good luck, what type of work is out there?

Dyce51
03-28-2003, 08:16 PM
The city is hiring for building inspector...So hopefully they will call me....Definate improvement over Ohio weather :cool: Ya I hope if I get the job it will give me time to enjoy the lake :p

SCUBA STEVE
03-28-2003, 08:42 PM
that sounds like a cool gig, they are building like crazy in havasu.

Infomaniac
03-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Take your boat out there and try to launch it first, compare the fees and lake patrol. Then drive around a bit and see how polite the boaters are. Then see how long it takes to get it back on the trailer.
Just as a comparison to your boating environment now. Not that either is better or worse. Just different.
[ March 28, 2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

HCS
03-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Infomaniac:
Take your boat out there and try to launch it first, compare the fees and lake patrol. Then drive around a bit and see how polite the boaters are. Then see how long it takes to get it back on the trailer.
Just as a comparison to your boating environment now. Not that either is better or worse. Just different. Sounds crazy, I think I'll stay where I'm at. :p Maybe I'll come visit sometime and see what tits like. :D
My fams from Ohio come on out west. wink
[ March 29, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

Stupid Fast
03-29-2003, 01:10 PM
Infomaniac:
Just as a comparison to your boating environment now. Not that either is better or worse. Just different. You would not believe the jackasses that can not even back up their boats these days around here. Hell half of them cant even hook up their trailers by themselves.
I think than where ever I am, Dumb asses folow me.
Dyce51, What part of Ohio are you from.
P.S. The money is in building. Not inspecting.(Unless you take Handouts)
Good luck. I am just Jelous
[ March 29, 2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Stupid Fast ]

HCS
03-29-2003, 02:05 PM
There everywhere. People around here can't drive a boat or back a trailer. I figure one problem is, people that don't know jack shit about boats go out and buy them.
Another good reason for a boating license. :p

Dyce51
03-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Infomaniac:
Just as a comparison to your boating environment now. Not that either is better or worse. Just different. Well if you ever tried to go boating on Lake Erie It lives up to the name.."Erie"...The lake is way to rough (no high speeds) To much crap floating in the water (bottles, twigs, logs, trees, stuff to tear your boat up) and the launch rams here really suck too slick and not well maintained

Dyce51
03-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Stupid Fast:
Infomaniac:
Just as a comparison to your boating environment now. Not that either is better or worse. Just different. You would not believe the jackasses that can not even back up their boats these days around here. Hell half of them cant even hook up their trailers by themselves.
I think than where ever I am, Dumb asses folow me.
Dyce51, What part of Ohio are you from.
P.S. The money is in building. Not inspecting.(Unless you take Handouts)
Good luck. I am just Jelous I live about 26 miles south of Cleveland...In a town that tries to be better than it really is...Brunswick I just dont like Ohio anymore...

Dyce51
03-29-2003, 05:54 PM
You see I have lived out here all my life...I don't like it anymore..I am big into hot rods...plenty of them here in Brunswick (Home of the largest unorganized car shows in the USA)they are all nice, in there own way, but they lack the "style" or the "flair" that you see on alot of the West coast rods....I like drag racing...but the season is too short....I like boating, again the season is too short, wrong types of boats here, the water is too rough, too much stuff in the water, I just really don't "fit in" around here...I like the West Coast Style and you just dont see that here...and besides the winter monthes really stink..too damn cold and to much snow

Dyce51
03-29-2003, 06:00 PM
My wife and I visited Lake Havasu City about a month or so ago. I met a few of you....Riverkitty, Zummer, Highroller, Havasulew, Kieth Sayer, Junior, and a few others that I forget, please forgive me...We had a great time. We met with a realtor and a few people who live in LHC. We learned alot about the city and liked it..Lake Havasu has so much to offer to my family.It seems to be very family oriented. Great people, great boating, and great views...The job market really isn't to bad and best of all......NO MORE SNOW

Stupid Fast
03-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Dyce51:
I live about 26 miles south of Cleveland...In a town that tries to be better than it really is...Brunswick I just dont like Ohio anymore... I could see you being tired of Cleveland. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Around here you do not see alot of hot boats but when you do see one it really gets attention. Buckeye lake still has a few kick as jets and every once and a while you realy see some thing nice. It is not "old" here yet. Plus the women still think womans rights are Nazi talk. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HCS
03-29-2003, 09:06 PM
What's the average weight of a women in Ohio?.

JetBoatRich
03-30-2003, 07:10 AM
HARDCORE-SKI:
What's the average weight of a women in Ohio?. Nice one, LOL wink

Stupid Fast
03-30-2003, 07:28 AM
JetBoatRich:
HARDCORE-SKI:
What's the average weight of a women in Ohio?. Nice one, LOL wink You obviously haven't been to Ohio. wink
Girls keep in shape cuting the fire wood all winter :rolleyes: Jk

JetBoatRich
03-30-2003, 07:29 AM
Sounds like tough women, my boss is from there. Tells me she don't miss the weather :D

HCS
03-30-2003, 07:41 AM
Stupid Fast:
JetBoatRich:
HARDCORE-SKI:
What's the average weight of a women in Ohio?. Nice one, LOL wink You obviously haven't been to Ohio. wink
Girls keep in shape cuting the fire wood all winter :rolleyes: Jk No, I haven't been there. :p My family is from Canton. I'm I missing anything?.

Dyce51
03-30-2003, 01:08 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
What's the average weight of a women in Ohio?. uuummmmmm Heavy Duty cry

Dyce51
03-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Dyce51:
HARDCORE-SKI:
What's the average weight of a women in Ohio?. uuummmmmm Heavy Duty cry seriously...the average varies some are heavy and few are thin

Stupid Fast
04-26-2003, 03:25 AM
Hey Dyce51,
How did the job hunt work out? Did you find something?
Good Luck
Eric

little rowe boat
04-26-2003, 06:52 PM
Good luck on the job.My better half and I love to spend much of our summer in havasu.We are currently looking for a Condo to buy as a vacation home.