PDA

View Full Version : Havasu = S. Break News Paper Article

carbonmarine
03-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Students begin flocking to LHC for spring break
by BRIAN WEDEMEYER
With very little effort, Lake Havasu City is once again regarded as one of the worldÂ’s top destinations for college spring breakers.
The Travel Channel recently ranked Lake Havasu City No. 3 for the second time in three years. Only Cancun, Mexico and top-ranked Panama City, Fla. are ranked higher. USA Today recently listed Lake Havasu City among the top five most popular spots.
Bonnie Barsness, president of the Lake Havasu Tourism Bureau, says the publicity is somewhat “comical” considering the numbers.
Anywhere from 15,000 to 25,000 spring break vacationers are expected in Lake Havasu City this year, Barsness said, and a significant number of those will be families.
“Panama City gets 200,000 to 300,000 spring breakers every year,” Barsness said. “We’re not even in the same ball game.”
The Tourism Bureau does not actively promote Lake Havasu City as a college spring break destination. The office does respond to inquiries from travel agents and school groups looking to book reservations.
“One reason is because it’s already a busy time for Lake Havasu with our winter visitors,” Barsness said. “It wouldn’t be the very best bang for our buck.
“The second reason is because the hoteliers have let us know it’s not a priority for them. Spring breakers tend to be pretty hard on the rooms.”
Still, Lake Havasu City remains one of the so-called kings of college spring break. Microsoft, which manufactures the Xbox video game console, recently contacted the Tourism Bureau about doing a promotion here, and the Tonight Show has inquired about a possible live broadcast during spring break. Barsness said neither group has called back.
— Reach the reporter at bwedemeyer@havasunews.com.
Boat's packed. I am ready to go.... lets go gets some YOUNG STUFF !! whos in ????
Laughs,
Rick 32 :cool:

RiverTime69
03-05-2003, 11:23 AM
I'm gonna be there the 15th-16th and then the 21st-23rd.
Happy Hunting

HavasuDreamin'
03-05-2003, 12:19 PM
It seems like Havasu locals and politicians still have the same sh*tty attitude towards tourism. Playing devils advocate, people do some really stupid sh*t at the river which I guess gives tourists a bad rap. :o

Licketty Split
03-05-2003, 12:25 PM
F*&king Snow Birds..... Whens Hunting seasion start anyway.... Little blue haired betty can't even see over the wheel in her 42' moter home towing an Excursion.

Hallett19
03-05-2003, 12:49 PM
THIS JUST IN..... ARIZONA SCHOOL SPRING BREAKS ARE A WEEK FROM FRIDAY, MARCH 21'ST !!!!

Hallett19
03-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Which in my experience is usually the best week in havasu
Damn double post
[ March 05, 2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

Thunderbutt
03-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Hallett19:
Damn double post Hallett, I gave you a 5 star because I like your beer

superV
03-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Thunderbutt:
Hallett19:
Damn double post Hallett, I gave you a 5 star because I like your beer Thats not beer thats piss water! :D

superV
03-05-2003, 01:26 PM
This is real beer! http://www.newcastlebrown.com/images/agecheck_bottle.jpg