PDA

View Full Version : What is the best product for oxidation removal ?

little rowe boat
08-10-2003, 07:54 AM
I have a little oxidation on my boat that I would like to remove.Any Ideas on what works the best ? :confused:

twistedpair
08-10-2003, 08:10 AM
I've had really good results from 3M products. I can't remember the number for their oxidation remover/restorer, but I know Walmart carries it.

BlownForce 29
08-10-2003, 09:32 AM
i use a stuff called de oxide by the wax shop and it works good.

beyondhelpin
08-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Although I have never used the stuff those guys have, my experience has been that most oxidation removal products are a short term fix. The only way to really fix the problem is to take a heavy compound and buff out the oxidation. Then buff again with a fine grit to bring back out the shine.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-10-2003, 11:42 AM
3M products, then if that doesn't do it, rub it out.

moneysucker
08-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
3M products, then if that doesn't do it, rub it out. Mine took 2 rounds of wet sanding then compound then finer compound etc. Just feel lucky that your boat isn't solid black gell. It all depends how deep the oxidation went and how extensive it is. For buffing, I have used both 3m and Maguires and they both work good.

imirsh1
08-10-2003, 08:11 PM
I have a sure fire remedy,since my boat is black and any water that gets on the deck or anything facing up is baked into by the sun.Try 3-m swirl away with a high speed polisher (body shops have them) then to bring out the lustre use (now get this,) PLEDGE! Just like brand new.

THOR
08-11-2003, 05:29 AM
LRB,
I know that Hustler here on the boards has recently done this to his boat and it turned out bitchin.

Chase
08-11-2003, 09:41 AM
OK guys, I have been told about and now use faithfully a product called Capt. Phab hull and bottom cleaner. This stuff works excellent for the removal of dried, baked on water spots. I used to always polish my boat with a Meguires product, since no matter what I did the water stains would not come out by washing and Chamois. I drizzle some of this stuff on then, follow with a rub down with a cloth to work the stuff in. Then I hose it off with high pressure. Sometimes what feels like minor oxidation is the water residue, and it seems this stuff takes this off and leaves the boat with a nice shine.
The web site is www.captphab.com. (http://www.captphab.com.) IT is amazing stuff, and will work to clean your shower.......