PDA

View Full Version : McMomma's Burgers

Kilrtoy
09-11-2003, 04:07 PM
My kids wanted Mcedee's, We said no, momma was making burgers on the B-Que. They said "YUCK"
Well. we forced them to eat them and they complained the whole time.
Ever since that day all they want is McMomma's Burgers and always ask for them. They dont want MceDee's anymore...
Guess whats for dinner right now :p

mirvin
09-11-2003, 04:20 PM
I think that's great. My folks didn't raise us on fast food and now I thank them. Someday they'll be sittin at a McD's and they'll say, man I wish we were havin' a McMomma's right now.

watergirl
09-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Kilrtoy:
My kids wanted Mcedee's, We said no, momma was making burgers on the B-Que. They said "YUCK"
Well. we forced them to eat them and they complained the whole time.
Ever since that day all they want is McMomma's Burgers and always ask for them. They dont want MceDee's anymore...
Guess whats for dinner right now :p Just out of curiosity,how many kids do you and the Wifey have cuz she looks damn good for having kids. What is her secret? :confused:

Jungle Boy
09-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Ain't that sad that kids are so hooked up on junk food. I just watched a show on TV that explained that obese kids is growing rapidly and there is no end in sight. Fast food counters are appearently in school now too. I have always tried to steer clear of them shit holes, but I still see the wrappers in my daughters car. It's part of everyday life. frown

Kilrtoy
09-11-2003, 06:40 PM
I have 3
One from the first wife so that doesnt count but she is 12
Mrs Kilrtoy has two
A 6 year old girl
and a 5 year old boy
and a 35 yeard old husband that told her the welfare line starts when she gets FAT......
That is true fast food was a once a month treat if even that. Now a home cooked meal is a treat.....

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Thats funny kilrtoy because mr. vee said the welfare line starts for me when i get crusty feet. :D He loves woman with good feet. :D

HammerDown
09-11-2003, 08:34 PM
I had a McDees $1.00 Double Cheese Burger today...just about made it home eek! ...good thing the "wet naps" were waiting for me like an ol friend by the Bowl :rolleyes: ...it was ugly! :D
And yes, I did the Spread and squat! wink

MagicMtnDan
09-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Since homecooked burgers are the topic, anyone have any "secrets" to making the very best burgers?
We buy the sirloin patties from Costco (they seem to be better than grocery store patties) and I put garlic salt and ground pepper on them - that seems to work well...but it's not very creative.
What's everyone else do with their burgs?

Boozer
09-12-2003, 05:38 AM
MagicMtnDan:
Since homecooked burgers are the topic, anyone have any "secrets" to making the very best burgers?
We buy the sirloin patties from Costco (they seem to be better than grocery store patties) and I put garlic salt and ground pepper on them - that seems to work well...but it's not very creative.
What's everyone else do with their burgs? There's really not a whole lot you can do with burgers to make em real tastey. Pepper, Garlic Salt, and dump some of your favorite beer on there. Once in a while I'll coat em with Stubbys grilling sauce but thats about it.
Fast food is just to convenient. I enjoy cooking and do it as much as possible but I am the first to admit to being hooked to a lot of fast food. When it comes lunch time fast food is the best option for me, I avoid places like Mc D's as much as possible though and stick to places like Subway. When it comes dinner time however, fast food isn't an option.
How about your favorite dinner recipe? What do you guys like to make?
I have to say my favorite thing to make is Rottisserie Chicken.
Directions for my favorite kind:
You take Ground black pepper, Garlic Salt, Parsley flakes, Basil, and a dash of cayenne pepper and mix it all up in a bowl to make a rub. Rub it into the chicken and then let the chicken sit like that in the fridge over night. Toss that beyotch in the rottisserie for an hour or two (depending on size of chicken) and you got some good eatin.
I imagine you could Over roast the chicken like that as well but I preffer the Rottisserie.
It goes great with garlic mashed potato's.

OGHillside
09-12-2003, 06:27 AM
These are the best burgers ever!!
Few Pounds of Ground Sirloin
Some Onion
1 or 2 eggs
Jack Daniels Original BQ old No. 7
Take a few pounds of ground sirloin (90/10). Chop up some onion. And mix it in a bowl with the egg and some Jack Daniels BQ Sauce (Careful don't put too much or they will fall apart) patty it up and grill that shit up.

twistedpair
09-12-2003, 07:03 AM
My Burgers:
3 lb. lean ground beef (85% or better)
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
20 crushed saltine crackers
2 large eggs
3-4 drops Liquid Smoke (hickory)
Mix it all together and build patties to your liking, also awesome as a meatloaf.

TheLurker
09-12-2003, 07:15 AM
It is not the burgers my kids want. Those places suck the kids in with the kids meals. I pay for that shi* and all they do is take out the toy play with it and let the food go to waste (which is what it really is waste) But when we are on the road it is convient(sp)?

fear the turtle
09-12-2003, 07:43 AM
It's all about the buns. It doesn't matter what's in between, if you don't wrap it around a good potato bun. sloppier the better.
I don't care for fast foods, but I can never pass up a chance to get a Fuddrucker's or Ruby Tuesday's burger.....Plus the both sell Amberbock and 2 for 1 happy hour drinks :D . If I had the money I would open up a fuddruckers right on the water. The 4th B; beer boats, babes and a good burger.

hoolign
09-12-2003, 10:53 AM
2 pounds extra lean hamburger
1/2 cup pace picante sauce
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped onions
hand full of crackers
as much crushed garlic as you like
1/4 cup cattleboys bbq sauce
salt and pepper(fresh ground pepper)
smash it all up by hand
huck it in the fridge over night