PDA

View Full Version : Who is to blame.....?

Jbb
03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Bang! (http://www.m90.org/index.php?id=11568)

Konabud
03-16-2006, 06:02 PM
I think the Coast Guard could have backed off enough to let them by, it wouldn't have taken much. It's not a question of who has the right of way. It was obvious that the other boat didn't see them and they could have avoided the collision!! Pricks

uvindex
03-16-2006, 06:09 PM
True, everyone has the duty to do everything possible to avoid a collision. That being said: For power boats, the boat approaching from starboard has the right of way. (The guy who got run over was the one approaching from starboard. :))

Keyser
03-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Like my old football coach alwayssaid:"Gotta keep you head on a swivel our your gonna get nailed!"

kcvega
03-16-2006, 06:23 PM
holy crap. those guys were lucky.

HYPNAUTIC
03-16-2006, 08:25 PM
the Coast Guard vessel also had the sun behind them that may have made it hard, difficult or impossible for the driver of the speed boat to see them.
either way the passengers on both boats could have warned the drivers on both crafts way before the accident.

ColeTR2
03-16-2006, 09:18 PM
(The guy who got run over was the one approaching from starboard. :))
Yep coast guard should have lifted just my .02

hoolign
03-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Looks like the coast gaurd had MORE than enought ime to slow down or change course, that was a BS decision by the captain to keep into it. All he would have had to do is back out of it for a few seconds and it and a collision would have been avoided.

spectras only
03-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Those guys were running :) . Lucky for them the stash has sunk to the bottom of the sea. I don't believe that the CG didn't see them coming up from the right . I was on the bc ferry once [ 300'+] , when a f,,,,tard fisherman was crossing the ferry's path [ he had the A/P on ,prolly taking a dump :rollside: ] and kept going. The ferry blasted its horn at 5 times ,and realized that no one was at the helm of the fishing boat. This massive vessel did an emergency maneuvre I've never thought would be possible .Did a 90 *
turn like a performance boat :220v: . I loved it , but the land lubbers on the ferry were terrified because of the tilt :D .We had another incident in the Sound when another ferry/pleasure craft collided .A dumbass chineese dad went to sleep and let his kid driving his boat. The 'Queen of Cowhichan' was nicknamed to 'China Clipper' after . Sad story ,cause there was fatality , but guess what ! The father survived and sued the ferry corp and won .When I've heard who his lawyer was ,knew he had a chance. I'ts not what do you know ,it's who do you know. I'm still hoping to find a finger in the food :rollside: at Wendy's ,so I could hire him [ J L ] to get me a bigger boat :)

Dave C
03-17-2006, 09:11 AM
I saw that video on one of those TV shows.... I think they said everyone was OK.
that had to hurt.