PDA

View Full Version : Another NFL related racial statement

hd&boatrider
10-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Anybody care? Lets see what the NFL does to this idiot.....
Sapp blasts NFL 'slave system'
Oct. 13, 2003 3:09 p.m.
For the second time in three weeks, a network NFL pregame show became the forum for some controversial remarks — and this time Rush Limbaugh had nothing to do with them.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Warren Sapp, unhappy that the NFL office had warned him against a repeat of his Monday night skip through the Indianapolis Colts' pregame stretching line, blasted the league and Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington in an interview that aired Sunday on CBS' "The NFL Today."
"He got what he wanted," Sapp said of Arrington, who had threatened retaliation if the Bucs' outspoken nine-year veteran tried to do the same before Sunday's game against the Redskins. "He snitched and slave master come down. That's all that is. ... Stop a man from doing something that he's been doing for nine years?
"And so now there's a rule against me. Thanks. I knew (the league) was gonna do what they did because they've been notoriously against Sapp. Like I said before, it's a slave system. Make no mistake about it, slave master say you can't do it, don't do it. They'll make an example out of you."
Sapp also had a few choice words for the NFL officiating crews that now are being asked to police teams' pregame drills.
"You gonna tell me these moonlighting officials are going to come out 45 minutes before the game and get a feel for the game?" he asked. "In pregame? I just want to know why people are moonlighting on another man's profession? Every other profession has full-time referees. That's all they do is ref games."
Limbaugh resigned his commentator's job with ESPN two weeks ago because of the controversy over his remarks that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed.
Sapp's comments on that also had racial overtones.
"I'm shocked that Tom Jackson and Michael Irvin just sat there and let this roll across their faces and didn't say anything,'' he said. "Do we not have anybody that understands that there's way more scrubs in this game that are Anglos than there are black ones that are being pumped up?"
CBS analysts Deion Sanders and Boomer Esiason both took issue with some of Sapp's comments Sunday.
"I was right with Warren Sapp all the way except for the slave-master stuff," Sanders said. "Leave it alone. That's not an issue."
Added Esiason: "I'm glad to hear that you said some of his comments were totally off-base. This is the NFL. We all play with rules. We all follow the rules. If he thinks he is singled out for whatever reason, I think he is incorrect."
Sapp did make contact with an official while skipping onto the field before Sunday's game, but he avoided the Redskins' stretching line and Arrington.
"I didn't need to run through their stretch," Sapp said after the Bucs' 35-13 win. "They've got a whole 53-man squad that we were coming after. That's what we were after, the game. It wasn't the pregame."
[ October 13, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

LUVNLIFE
10-13-2003, 07:18 PM
He's right. What he should do is quit football because it is so bad and he can get a real job like the rest of us. :p

slowride
10-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Let's watch players for what they do on the field,
not for their ignorant opinions. :confused: The
more press this idiot gets the more he likes it. yuk yuk

BUSTI
10-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Sapp is a baffoon! I don't know one person who respects him for what he thinks or says. And most people only appreciate what he can do after the ball is snapped. The rest of his worth you couldn't sell for 5 cents. And very soon his body will get old and he will have no worth at all. He is to ugly and to stupid to go into the broadcast booth. He is a baffoon that will soon be a has been!

SandbarScot
10-14-2003, 06:37 PM
The sissy skips like a little girl. He wasn't prancing around when the Colts came from behind and spanked 'em like the little bitches they are!

LUVNLIFE
10-14-2003, 06:44 PM
You got that right SandbarScott. :D

HOSS
10-14-2003, 07:58 PM
I really don`t know what to say. :mad:

ROZ
10-14-2003, 10:12 PM
HOSS:
I really don`t know what to say. :mad: Well this is a first...Hoss is speechless..lol Not even a **** you! I'm a little disappointed n you Hoss...lol wink :D

vdrivenman
10-15-2003, 02:56 AM
As i have said before ALL PRO ATHELETE'S make entirely too much money. They are not held accountable for what they say or do !
They are given status and most only completed college because they were athelete's.
the sport i respect the most is hockey.
there should be a set cap on ALL their salaries and they should make no more than a teacher, nurse, fireman, chemical plant operator.
They CRY too much !

HOSS
10-15-2003, 05:58 AM
Well the way I see it is they can make as much as they want. I think its insane the money they make but if someone`s willing to give it then I say take it. We need a "salary type cap" on lawsuits. Now thats something way the **** outa control.
I feel that pro atheletes should be held accountable for their actions. The Sapp deal is getting deep. He is (in my opinion) an uneducated, disrespectful, immature, fat, woo hoo I ain`t goin` their, punk. And yes he is and does play the race card constantly. That is chicken shit. And just for that I don`t care for him. Himself as well as other high profile African Americans don`t realize what playing the race card till its all out played does. It sets off other African Americans (who are not financial equals like common Joe) to do the same. I for one have had enough. I have , over the past few years, felt the racial borders are getting much more defined. Now remember this is my opinion. I may be viewed as a racist but I njust call `em like I see `em.
Last night I was in the grocery store and an old (appeared) Phillipino woman was talking to the manager about an African American young (18) female. The girl was rude and cursed her. In my presence, the older woman said, "young lady you need to watch what you say to people". The youn African American female cashier replied, "No, you do!". I know if I was manager she would be out the door right then. What happenned to the customer is always right?
My point being is other African Americans see high profile African Americans defying authority and basically doing what they feel fit without care or conscious and feel it is acceptable to do the same. And don`t get me wrong, the media is as much to blame as the person committing the act.
Now for the flip. Because I`m fair. :D If White people watch a White athelete commit a similar infraction they will not find it acceptable. Kinda like White people hold other White people accountable for their actions. The African American community (again my opinion) is lessenning itself by not doing the same. African American kids (on average) seem less disciplined and more combative then 10 years ago. And it isn`t because their is NO opportunity for African Americans in this country. Look (as Sapp stated) at all the atheletes that are African American! Look at what has happenned in music. So to say there are little to no opportunities is a crock.
Its the same old song and dance that white people persecuted them for so long that now they gonna take it back. And they are going to do it within the law. But what they don`t see is the degredation of the next generation and how the world now views the African American community.
I say keep it up. Fight the good fight. Cause your going backwards.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-15-2003, 07:38 AM
Sapps an idiot. And all this slave-master BS is just that, BS! Get over it! It happened 200 years ago you effen idiot! And don't hold me responsible for what every person with half a brain cell knows was WRONG as my ancestors did not own any slaves you dumbf**k!
[ October 15, 2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Havasu_Dreamin ]

eliminatedsprinter
10-15-2003, 08:15 AM
I don't consider Rush L. to be any kind of authority on sports and I don't consider Warran Sapp to be an expert on sociology. Thus I wouldn't waste my time worrying about their views on the subjects. I only wish the press would do the same.