PDA

View Full Version : My new dog.........(pics)

HavasuDreamin'
04-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Well, my wife and I were contemplating getting our current beast Dixie a playmate and then fate took over. Our daughter's daycare provider found a 3-4 week old pup abandoned in an ally. She picked her up and took her to the vet. The vet weighed her (3.8 lbs.), rehydrated her, and gave her a clean bill of health. The daycare provider couldn't keep the dog, and my wife made the mistake of going inside to see her. When I got home Friday, all I heard from our little one was.........I want a puppy.............I want a Rottweiler puppy.
The rest is history and we now have what appears to be a pure bred Rottweiler puppy about 4 weeks old. She is doing extremely well for a puppy soooooooooo young. She is already eating LOTS. eek! The Vet said it is not uncommon for Rott's to double their weight every 1-2 weeks for about a month or so. eek! I think she may eat us out of hosue and home. Her name is Lucy.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/56Lucy_4_21_03.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/56Lucy_II_4_21_03.jpg
[ April 22, 2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

cyclone
04-22-2003, 07:43 AM
cute dog. Glad to hear she found a good home.

MJ19
04-22-2003, 07:47 AM
Ahhhhh too darling!!! I wanna smell that little puppy breath...Lucy is VERY sweet looking...seems pretty mellow too. Congrats on your new little rescue baby!!! :D

Windy
04-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Congrats on the new little addition to the family.
MissHBjet

SCUBA STEVE
04-22-2003, 08:10 AM
Cute pup. your family & the pup are lucky.
During xmas time 2 years ago, a pup was left in my back yard for some reason on a friday night. (there was no way for it to get back there on its own) greatest pup ever, keep in mind I am not a pet lover, but I feel in love, I wasnt sure of the breed but it seemed to be a short hair lab. Anyway, we decided to keep him, until someone claimed him. (hoping no one would) When I returned to work on monday, the pup was gone from my back yard. cry good thing I didnt spring for the vet fees.

burbanite
04-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Yep,
looks like it's time for a bigger boat wink
Cool dog, I know someone who is going to be very envious.

OGHillside
04-22-2003, 08:18 AM
Rotts are the best dogs in the world. I have a 3 year old female and a 2 year old male (Show dog 161 lbs.) The have it in their blood to be you and your family's faithful companion and protector.
The best advice I can give you is at 6 - 8 months you have to take it to some sort of basic obedience class. You will thank me later!! They just get too damn big to not be somewhat trained. Also feed her a food that is for large dogs, this will cause her to grow slower and be alot more healthy!!
Congrats awsome looking pup!!
OG :cool:

superV
04-22-2003, 08:21 AM
Congrats on the new family member! wink Here is a pic of the kids easter gift, 2 new begals! :D BTW You cant take the hunt out of a hunting dog.If you ever had a begal you know what I mean.O ya the other monsters are mine to Josh Jr. and Savannah :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/475Cnxt0078-med.jpg

kphayes
04-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Congrats! Rotts are the sh!t. Here's my little girl. She so much fun. Almost lost her two years ago to a disease but, she pulled though. 98lbs as of last Friday. She loves kids and is a total daddy's girl. Your going to have fun with her. Congrats again.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49Kyle_n_pup.jpg

superV
04-22-2003, 08:32 AM
kphayes:
Congrats! Rotts are the sh!t. Here's my little girl. She so much fun. Almost lost her two years ago to a disease but, she pulled though. 98lbs as of last Friday. She loves kids and is a total daddy's girl. Your going to have fun with her. Congrats again.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49Kyle_n_pup.jpg Looks like you relly love that dog eek! Or should I say he loves you! :rolleyes:

HavasuDreamin'
04-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. We just hope she doesn't eat us out of house and home. wink
Burbanite.......I think I need a pontoon to supplement the 19' tunnel. :D
OGHillside.....she will be enrolled in puppy kindergarden classes at about 4 months. This lasts 8 weeks. After that, she will be enrolled in the novice class which also lasts 8 weeks. She will be well trained and obedient. I won't have it any other way. Our other dog Dixie (Belgian Malinois) did wonderful in the 8 week novice class. :cool:

brianwhiteboy
04-22-2003, 08:36 AM
You've got yourself a beauty right there! I had a male Rott for 12 years....one of the best dogs I've ever had. They're loyal, protective, but extremely gentle with the family.
I'm getting a chocolate lab puppy myself this Saturday.. a new addition to the family. Already have a yellow lab and austrailian shepherd.
Good luck
Brian

Bad Meds
04-22-2003, 08:42 AM
So what is everyones opinion of a Rot compaired to a Golden Retriver or Lab?
?'s With kids?
With other dogs?
With non agressive strangers?
Off a leash?
I'm going to get a dog pretty soon and looking for some input?
Thanks

kphayes
04-22-2003, 08:43 AM
superV:
kphayes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49Kyle_n_pup.jpg Looks like you relly love that dog eek! Or should I say he loves you! :rolleyes: When were playing she just throws that weight around and plops down where ever she wants. Crazy mut thinks she's a lap dog.

MJ19
04-22-2003, 08:47 AM
kphayes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49Kyle_n_pup.jpg Looks like you have something in common with one of the other board members. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/0DCP_0002a.jpg

kphayes
04-22-2003, 08:51 AM
Wifey-Is that a female?

TOBTEK
04-22-2003, 08:51 AM
CONGRATS ON YOU NEW BABY! I had a ROT from 92- to just very current cry BEST dog ive ever had, not the smartest dog just the best with other dogs, kids, and strangers. She was a 117 pound lapdog...or so she thought. Id get another ROT in a second.

superV
04-22-2003, 08:53 AM
kphayes:
superV:
kphayes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49Kyle_n_pup.jpg Looks like you relly love that dog eek! Or should I say he loves you! :rolleyes: When were playing she just throws that weight around and plops down where ever she wants. Crazy mut thinks she's a lap dog. Ya I had a 168lbs rotty and he would alway lean on you or try to get in your lap. Just big ol lovers they are!

MJ19
04-22-2003, 08:54 AM
kphayes:
Wifey-Is that a female? The dog is a female :D
[ April 22, 2003, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

HavasuDreamin'
04-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Bad Meds:
?'s With kids?
With other dogs?
Off a leash?
Thanks I can give you some general advice, hopefully someone with better knowledge of Rotts will respond.
If you are thinking about getting any kind of dog, do some reading on the internet. There are a bazillion sites with good information. This is very important as I have found that some dogs make better pets than others. For example, my Belgian Malinois is extremely active and requires lots of play time. She is a great dog, but my wife and I didn't know the breed when we got her. She is the most active dog either of us have ever had. On a side note, the Humane Socities aren't the best at labeling the dogs they get in. Our Malinois was labled "german shepperd mix." Looks similar, but totally different dogs.
From what I have read, Rotts are intelligent dogs. They are extremely loyal and great companions. They are great pets and play well with the family. They are generally very attentive, and aloof dogs that approach strangers cautiously. So if you have strangers in the house, you need to make sure that you introduce the stranger to the dog...........the dog may take the stranger as harmful if not properly introduced.
As with any dog.........if you are looking for a specific breed, get the dog from a reputable breeder. This is espeically true with Rotts. There are lots of back yard Rott breeders that may have inbread the dogs which messes them up psycologically. We don't know if Lucy's parents were from different lines or not as a result of the way we obtained her, but my wife is very experienced with dogs and we will monitor her extremely closely as she gets older.
Just do research and get a dog that is right for you......... you'll be glad you did.
HD :cool:
[ April 22, 2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

MJ19
04-22-2003, 08:57 AM
I was attacked twice by a rottie named Cheyenne, so I'm a little fearful of them at times.
I know they are lovers, but when they are tossed in the backyard as lawn ornaments not getting daily attention and family interaction they can become aggressive.
They need love just as all dogs do inorder to give love. :)

Back To Havasu
04-22-2003, 08:57 AM
Congratulations HD...the puppy looks adorable. I think you and Dixie will be happy with your new addition. Enjoy... :)

MJ19
04-22-2003, 09:01 AM
HavasuDreamin':
Bad Meds:
?'s With kids?
With other dogs?
Off a leash?
Thanks If you are thinking about getting any kind of dog, do some reading on the internet. There are a bazillion sites with good information. ...... Just do your research, you'll be glad you did.
HD :cool: www.greatpets.com (http://www.greatpets.com)
Join the forums, introduce yourself and start asking questions...that groups LOVES to give advice...they are a collection of dog people, breeders, vets, trainers, etc... :)

MJ19
04-22-2003, 09:04 AM
kphayes:
Wifey-Is that a female? Speaking of women...what is that leopard print sash??? :confused: Is that part of your outfit? :D

HavasuDreamin'
04-22-2003, 09:07 AM
MJ19:
I was attacked twice by a rottie named Cheyenne, so I'm a little fearful of them at times.
I know they are lovers, but when they are tossed in the backyard as lawn ornaments not getting daily attention and family interaction they can become aggressive.
They need love just as all dogs do inorder to give love. :) Sorry to hear of your bad experiences.
:(
I watch K-9 to 5:00 and animal cops all the time on animal planet. It is sad to see how a lot of dogs are treated out there. cry As with any big dog, they can do damage. They need to be raised and treated properly as you alluded to. If raised properly, they are great dogs. :)
[ April 22, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

kphayes
04-22-2003, 09:10 AM
Bad Meds:
?'s With kids?
With other dogs?
Off a leash?
Thanks Never had any other dog so I can't compair to another dog but, mine is great with kids. I have nieces and nephews from 3-11 and she's great with all of them. She especially likes the younger ones. She won't leave their side. If they start to cry she is right there to see what the problem is. I swear it's a motherly instinct thing. I have gone through all the obedience classes and even did a couple of agility classes with her so she's pretty good with other dogs. As far as people go, she's great. I raised a nice dog not a junk yard dog, so she very pleasent and fun to be around. I firmly believe it's all in how you raise them.
Just my .02

XFactor
04-22-2003, 09:18 AM
kphayes:
Bad Meds:
?'s With kids?
With other dogs?
Off a leash?
Thanks Never had any other dog so I can't compair to another dog but, mine is great with kids. I have nieces and nephews from 3-11 and she's great with all of them. She especially likes the younger ones. She won't leave their side. If they start to cry she is right there to see what the problem is. I swear it's a motherly instinct thing. I have gone through all the obedience classes and even did a couple of agility classes with her so she's pretty good with other dogs. As far as people go, she's great. I raised a nice dog not a junk yard dog, so she very pleasent and fun to be around. I firmly believe it's all in how you raise them.
Just my .02 Kyle,
Are you putting the boat in the water this weekend? Havasu is going off this weekend. BBSP and Poker Run in the same weekend. Should be a wild bunch out there. Your missing all the fun! Flights are cheap!!

kphayes
04-22-2003, 09:22 AM
MJ19:
kphayes:
Wifey-Is that a female? Speaking of women...what is that leopard print sash??? :confused: Is that part of your outfit? :D Your very funny Wifey. :D We use Old sheets and blankets on that couch cause she tracks dirt in from outside, not to mention the hair everywhere.

MJ19
04-22-2003, 09:22 AM
HavasuDreamin':
If raised properly, they are great dogs. :) That's the key...raised properly :D Rotties are known to be loving and loyal dogs.
With ANY dog, if you want them to be friendly to children, involve children in your training program. I have a lot of little kids coming and going at my home so whenever given the chance I would stuff the pockets of those kids with doggie treats. That way the dogs learn early that children are something nice to have around.
I also taught the kids how to make sure the dog sits before getting the treat. :D
After Molly finished her training classes, I took her to a preschool (that wanted a furry visitor) and we practiced our obedience with a bunch of toddlers...it was great practice for our doggie and great for the kids to learn how to be gentle with doggies.
I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to doggies...I also took Molly to the airport and socialized her there as well as the fire department having them put on the siren to help her become familiar with odd noises, smells, different people, etc...
Socializing those pups young is a MAJOR key to their behavor later in life.
I'm sure the reason I was attacked by Cheyenne was NOT because she was a Rottie, but because she was never paid attention to and was roting in the backyard. I'm sure she was not familiar with people coming into her backyard for a BBQ. :rolleyes: Cheyenne's life is kind of sad. frown
[ April 22, 2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

kphayes
04-22-2003, 09:26 AM
XFactor:
kphayes:
Bad Meds:
?'s With kids?
With other dogs?
Off a leash?
Just my .02 Kyle,
Are you putting the boat in the water this weekend? Havasu is going off this weekend. BBSP and Poker Run in the same weekend. Should be a wild bunch out there. Your missing all the fun! Flights are cheap!! We will be getting wet on Sunday but, unfortunitly not in Havasu. We will be in AZ from May 1-5 for my mom's surprise 60th B-day. Then we won't be back until June 19th for OP6. You better be out there for that one. Don't break anything.
Kyle

Bad Meds
04-22-2003, 09:29 AM
Why doesn't who ever has Cheyenne give her to a home that will give her the attention and love needed and the social skills? To me a dog in the back yard all day with no attention is a waste and not fair to the animal. Just my .02$

RiverToysJas
04-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Congrats on your new pup!!! We love them so much, great dogs!!!
Here's our Jake on Halloween a couple years ago. (kphayes, you might recognize the hat wink , though it's a little hard to read in that photo)
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun_images/jake1.jpg
Jake has since past away from Diabetes...
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun_images/jake_9wp.jpg
Although Jake could never be replaced, we hope to get another later this year!!!
RTJas :D
[ April 22, 2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

XFactor
04-22-2003, 09:31 AM
You better hope Suzie doesn't view the boards or the surprize is gone. June 19-22?? I'm not planning on breaking anything else, but my wife may have other ideas. 6/22 is our 1st year anniversary. How do I convince her the lake is as romantic as Santa Barbara or San Fran. I NEED HELP!!

kphayes
04-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Jas-I can see it. "Kief's Reef" Kinda funny.
Glen-Mom doesn't ever come in here, so I should be ok. What's more romantic than a sunset cruise at the river w/some tunes and some drinks, then back to the pad for.... well you get the idea. Just make her think the trip is all about the two of you and the great year you had together. You give her one good day with just the two of you and then you get two with the rest of us. :D

MJ19
04-22-2003, 09:49 AM
Bad Meds:
Why doesn't who ever has Cheyenne give her to a home that will give her the attention and love needed and the social skills? To me a dog in the back yard all day with no attention is a waste and not fair to the animal. Just my .02$ Cheyenne belongs to my friend's boyfriend...whom I think is a jacka*s, but they've been together for 8 years now. :rolleyes: Cheyenne is getting older (about 11 I think) and hopefully will have more fun & freedom on the other side of the rainbow gates one day, but for now her life consists of laying in her dog house in the yard. She is so creaky from the cold weather and her arthritis now it's just plain sad to see...they let her lay on the cement floor in the garage as well...whoo hoo :rolleyes:
I also know of another family that wants to find a good home for their dog also named "Lucy" that has been chained up on a 4 foot chain with a dog house in the yard for 3 years now. :( That Lucy is very sweet and loving, but they feel that taking her to the humane society would be worse. I have tried to convince them to let me take her to the humane society to find another home, but they get semtimental...which I don't understand because they can literally go DAYS without seeing that dog...they leave a bag of dog food in the yard for her and when it's empty they buy another one...REALLY REALLY sad case! cry
Oh don't get me started...let's go back to the happy and lovely occasion of HD's Lucy...she is a darling little Rottie pup that has found a GREAT home!!! A much happier life...I've gotta go hug my four legged babies now :)
[ April 22, 2003, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

MJ19
04-22-2003, 09:54 AM
XFactor:
How do I convince her the lake is as romantic as Santa Barbara or San Fran. I NEED HELP!! I would travel another 25 minutes north of Santa Barbara go to Cachuma Lake for a run on the water, pack a nice picnic for a romantic touch. wink Bring some wine...then pop into The Santa Ynez Valley for a quiet meal with candle light and soft music (not to mention great food all over the valley) Stay at the Santa Ynez Valley Inn (pretty setting)(or Peterson's Inn in Solvang) and spend the next day wine tasting, hiking, hit the beach and relax. :D

DickDanger
04-22-2003, 09:59 AM
That IS a cute dog, but I would rather have MJ19 for a pet...at least she woulnt hump strangers legs that came into your house.....LMFAO.....just teasin ya MJ!!! -DD Out :p

502procharger
04-22-2003, 10:03 AM
My 2 rots are the best-behaved dogs i have ever been around. ANY dog can be brought up to be aggressive or calm, you just notice it more when it is a big dog and not trained well. I have had the luxury of bringing them up in my retail stores with me 12 hrs a day and surrounded by thousands of diff people each week since they were both 5 weeks old. Others on in this thread are right. Find a good breeder, meet the parents and see how they look and behave and don't be one of those assholes who thinks it is cool for there 135lb dog to bark and growl at everyone who comes near them. Socialize them young and they are great dogs. Good with people, kids and other dogs. Good luck

MJ19
04-22-2003, 10:04 AM
DickDanger:
That IS a cute dog, but I would rather have MJ19 for a pet...at least she woulnt hump strangers legs that came into your house.....LMFAO.....just teasin ya MJ!!! -DD Out :p How do you know? eek! :p
Did Miller tell you something about my bad habits. :rolleyes: wink :D

DickDanger
04-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Advice column from PetSmart...
She Needs Adult Supervision
For adults, leg humping is a slightly embarrassing experience. But for a small child confronted with a inebriated MJ, it can be truly frightening. If your MJ is a habitual humper, you need always to supervise her interactions with people, especially children, and correct her firmly each time she attempts it.
I am just LMFAO!!!! -DD Out

MJ19
04-22-2003, 10:12 AM
DickDanger:
Advice column from PetSmart...I'm a PUREBRED thank you very much!...not a rescue mutt with bad habits...It's a cultral thing I'm sure you wouldn't understand. :rolleyes: :D

DickDanger
04-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Your right. My problem has always been crotch sniffing. Apparently, from what I have been told, complete strangers dont appreciate it. Now, if I could just concentrate on not falling off of the couch while trying to lick my cajones, I will be in good shape!!!! -Dick "Chronic Sniffer" Danger Out

Bad Meds
04-22-2003, 10:19 AM
MJ19, What kind of dog is Lucy? Just curious.

MJ19
04-22-2003, 10:19 AM
DickDanger:
Your right. My problem has always been crotch sniffing. Apparently, from what I have been told, complete strangers dont appreciate it. Now, if I could just concentrate on not falling off of the couch while trying to lick my cajones, I will be in good shape!!!! -Dick "Chronic Sniffer" Danger Out On that note...let's get back to how cute HD's new puppy is. :D (sounds like DD needs some private time) wink

MJ19
04-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Bad Meds:
MJ19, What kind of dog is Lucy? Just curious. MUTT...she is darling & very sweet, but a little funny looking...she is part basset hound and part german shepard I think??? :confused: ...she looks sort of like a large black and tan corgi. She's got the short legs, with the normal sized body. :)

Seadog
04-22-2003, 10:28 AM
For friendly and dealing with kids, a Lab is the number one choice. Goldens are skittish and Rotts are protective. All breeds have their attributes and not all dogs follow the norm for their breed. The best advice is to give them lots of attention, assert yourself as the dominant leader of their pack and start training early.

HavasuDreamin'
04-22-2003, 10:46 AM
MJ19:
She's got the short legs, with the normal sized body. ) I call them low rider dogs. wink :D

DickDanger
04-22-2003, 10:53 AM
I have always been partial to Golden Retrievers. Very protective, very intelligent, good with kids, and I have not found them to be skittish at all.
When I was 7, and a sickly kid, my uncle shipped me a purebred Goldie that he had from breeding, from Rhode Island to Washington. That dog was my best friend for a lot of years. We lived in the wide open desert (barren for miles and miles), and I would come home from school, hop on my Honda XR75, and Snoopy and I would head out into the desert, and spend all day until dark crawling into coyote dens ( I wasnt very bright as a kid), chasing gophers, and catching snakes together. That dog was so protective of me, that he killed both a German Shepard, and a Boxer that he thought was trying to hurt me (they were). It is amazing the kind of relationship that one can develop with a pet. -DD Out
[ April 22, 2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

XFactor
04-22-2003, 10:54 AM
MJ19:
XFactor:
How do I convince her the lake is as romantic as Santa Barbara or San Fran. I NEED HELP!! I would travel another 25 minutes north of Santa Barbara go to Cachuma Lake for a run on the water, pack a nice picnic for a romantic touch. wink Bring some wine...then pop into The Santa Ynez Valley for a quiet meal with candle light and soft music (not to mention great food all over the valley) Stay at the Santa Ynez Valley Inn (pretty setting)(or Peterson's Inn in Solvang) and spend the next day wine tasting, hiking, hit the beach and relax. :D MJ,
Sounds great and I'm sure it would make the wife real happy. The dielema is that weekend is OP6V at Havasu and lots of friends are going. How can I miss that! KP suggested a day on the lake and a picnic lunch with a nice bottle of wine could make for a nice celebration. I should have got married in the winter.
What was I thinking?? :confused:

MJ19
04-22-2003, 11:08 AM
XFactor:
MJ,
Sounds great and I'm sure it would make the wife real happy. The dielema is that weekend is OP6V at Havasu and lots of friends are going. How can I miss that! KP suggested a day on the lake and a picnic lunch with a nice bottle of wine could make for a nice celebration. I should have got married in the winter.
What was I thinking?? :confused: Oh...in that case, I'd take her on a romantic trip the weekend before hand...make the reservations and pretend you had your dates messed up...or that you were so excited to spend time with her that you didn't realize you were a week too early wink Leaving OP6 wide open..and then of course she'll be groomed and ready to have an open opinion for the romantic weekend at OP6 :D

hack job
04-22-2003, 11:12 AM
here is my little rotty! she weights in at 124lbs . she is big and dumb but we love her!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/36zoie1-med.JPG

XFactor
04-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Nice :D I like that idea! Maybe a trip into the wine country the weekend before. It's all starting to come together now :cool: Thanks for the help.

hack job
04-22-2003, 11:21 AM
MJ19:
Bad Meds:
MJ19, What kind of dog is Lucy? Just curious. MUTT...she is darling & very sweet, but a little funny looking...she is part basset hound and part german shepard I think??? :confused: ...she looks sort of like a large black and tan corgi. She's got the short legs, with the normal sized body. :) the discos have a dog like that ! short legs and big body . kind of cool.

kphayes
04-22-2003, 11:22 AM
I knew Wifey was good for something. :D She's so smart. See Glen, you just needed a woman to point you in the right direction.

MJ19
04-22-2003, 11:25 AM
kphayes:
I knew Wifey was good for something. :D She's so smart. See Glen, you just needed a woman to point you in the right direction. Sometimes I even have to come up with those sort of plans for Miller :rolleyes:
I'd never want him to know I'd take a lake trip as a weekend get away when I could get two out of him :p :D

Danhercules
04-22-2003, 11:26 AM
They need love just as all dogs do inorder to give love. I was bit twice by a huge Rot named Oggie. The first time I was wrestleing with his owner, he did not like that and got my foot. The second time I was messing aroung with another guy at the river and I won, on my way out of the water, he said "GET HIM" and pointed to me, so, Oggie did. As soon as his owner saw what was happining, he said. "DOWN". I have never seen a dog listen so well. It was alittle late, he had my leg, 4 deep punctures. So, I am a little scared of big dogs now, but I have no problem with Oggie. He listens so good. I wont westle when he is around anymore!!

crazy eyes
04-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Congratulations on your puppy! Hes going to be a handfull, but youve got good years ahead of you.
Heres my boy CJ, waiting for warmer weather to hit the lake....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/446Cj_Pics_001-med.jpg