PDA

View Full Version : Headless Froggy...(not a Frenchie)

MJ19
03-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Did any of you know this?
The reason that I cannot resist this topic is that since I last discussed the issue, a new and alarmingly interesting development has taken place. According to an AP news story that I read on October 20, 1997, British scientists have been successful in creating a frog embryo without a head. This headless frog is important because it was created by determining exactly which genetic code produces the instructions to cause the head of the animal to be created, and that genetic code was shut off. That's a tiny bit of an article regarding "The Headless Frog" If you want to read the whole article it's at:
Headless Frog (http://www.bsvinc.com/articles/genetics/headlessfrog.htm)
[ March 16, 2003, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

03-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Whats the big deal? We have been creating headless people for years. They are known as Democrats and liberals...or is that brainless? Same thing...whatever! :D :D :D

mister460
03-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Once again 058, good call!! Now we just need cattle with more steaks in them! :D

MJ19
03-16-2003, 09:33 PM
058:
Whats the big deal? We have been creating headless people for years. They are known as Democrats and liberals...or is that brainless? Same thing...whatever! :D :D :D lol :D

Kilrtoy
03-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Headless people=War protestors..............

MJ19
03-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Kilrtoy:
Headless people=War protestors.............. Speaking of that...did you read the article about the young girl protesting and was run over and killed by the bulldozer? I have read a few articles about it and depending on the writer, some articles sound like she was 100% illeagal and in the wrong and others make the bulldozer driver to be the evil one...It's being investigated as we speak.
[ March 16, 2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

bordsmnj
03-16-2003, 10:35 PM
kilrtoy, you post what i'm thinking way too much. it's starting to wierd me out. I was just watching some brief interviews with protesters on the news a little while ago. it was just a live massingil commercial as far as i'm concerned yuk
[ March 16, 2003, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: bordsmnj ]

FMluvswater
03-17-2003, 11:57 PM
MJ19- I find that fascinating. If they can do that then maybe it isn't all that far off for them to be able to have human amputees re-grow their own limbs. Improving quality of life is a good thing.

MJ19
03-18-2003, 12:15 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
MJ19- I find that fascinating. If they can do that then maybe it isn't all that far off for them to be able to have human amputees re-grow their own limbs. Improving quality of life is a good thing. Have you read much about the cord blood program?
My friend recently had a baby and they have saved the cord blood (I think it runs about $1000) it has the possiblities of helping not only her newborn infant but her other 3 daughters as well...due to the blood compadablity. I need to research it more, but in all honest, $1000 bucks is nothing when you think of the possibility it could save your child's life!
Medical technology is amazing...
...however, on a sad note, I hope they find a cure for this new flu-like problem. (SARS is what they have named it for now) Have you heard about that? scary! eek!

FMluvswater
03-18-2003, 12:21 AM
Yeah I've heard of the cord blood program and about this new scary communicable illness. The ex was watching the news while I've been on line and I kind of heard a bit of it. I'm sure I'll hear about it in detail though over the next little while.