jlnorthrup122
05-14-2003, 07:15 PM
"When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes
and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's
dating a pussy."
-Commanding General, 1st Marine Division :D

eliminatedsprinter
05-15-2003, 10:03 AM
I know a vet who has a service connected GSW from the veitnam era. He wasn't shot in Nam. He was shot in Greece by an anti-war protester.
Go figure.

Ziggy
05-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Got this email yesterday---quite enlightening.
Ziggy
This is a poem being sent from a marine. It makes you truly be thankful for all of our troops.
THE MARINE
We all came together,
Both young and old.
To fight for our freedom,
To stand and be bold.
In the midst of all evil,
We stand our ground,
And we protect our country
>From all terror around.
Peace and not war,
Is what some people say.
But I'll give my life,
So you can live the American way.
I give you the right
To talk of your peace,
To stand in your groups,
And protest in our streets.
But still I fight on.
I don't bitch, I don't whine.
I'm just one of the men
Who is doing your time.
I'm harder than nails,
Stronger than any machine,
I'm the immortal soldier,
I'm a U.S. MARINE!
So stand in my shoes,
And leave from your home.
Fight for the people who hate you,
With the protests they've shown.
Fight for the stranger,
Fight for the young,
So they all may have,
The great freedom you've won.
Fight for the sick,
Fight for the poor.
Fight for the cripple,
Who lives next door.
But when your time comes,
Do what I've done.
For if you stand up for freedom
You'll stand when the fight's done.
~Corporal Aaron M. Gilbert~
~UNITED STATES MARINE~
~ `USS SAIPAN, PERSIAN GULF~
MARCH 23, 2003
HEY DAD, DOWN HERE. Do me a favor and label this "THE MARINE" and send it to everybody on your distribution list.
Even leave this paragraph in it. I want this rolling all over the U.S. I want every home reading it. Every eye to see it.
And every heart to feel it. So can you please send this out for me? I would but I am sorta on the USS SAIPAN and my
e-mail time isn't that long. You know what Dad, I wondered what it would be like to truly understand what JFK said in his
inaugural speech, "When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility, I
welcome it." Well, now I know. And I do, Dad, I welcome the opportunity to do what I do. Even though I have left
behind a beautiful wife, and I will miss the birth of our first born child, I would do it 70 times over to fight for the place
that God has made for my home. I love you all and I miss you very much. I wish I could be there when my wife has our
child, but tell her that I love her, and Lord willing, I will be coming home soon.
~SEMPER, FI.~ ~AARON~
*Please KEEP AARON AND HIS WIFE AND HIS UNBORN CHILD IN YOUR PRAYERS!

stonehedge
05-15-2003, 12:14 PM
"Semper Fi"

mister460
05-15-2003, 03:00 PM
That get's an OOH-RAH!!!!!!

Thunderbutt
05-15-2003, 03:35 PM
Hey General. I was in the 1st Div (52 53) When were you in? I think I know all of the Div commanders. If I dont I'll check with the Leatherneck people.

jlnorthrup122
05-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Sorry looks like you got me by about 20 years this is just a Qoute. I am not a Comanding General. wink

Catmando
05-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Stonehedge your sig line is bullshit. :mad: "Peace protestors" don't protest the war against terrorism, we protest the war against Iraq. Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11 or any other terrorist group that has attacked our citizens or military anywhere in the world. There has never been an Iraqi national captured in a terrorist group.

Mandelon
05-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Plenty of Saudis though...Kill em all, let God sort em out!! :cool:

HighRoller
05-15-2003, 11:04 PM
I find it funny that people like CatMando rush to defend people like Saddam.The mastermind of the Achille Lauro hijacking was found hiding in Baghdad enjoying Saddam's hospitality.In case nobody remembers,this is the man that orchestrated the dumping overboard of a wheelchair bound American man after he was shot in the head during the hijacking of a cruise ship!And I guess CatMando thinks mass graves are a good thing because GW Bush ousted the man who filled them.Cat,please do us all a favor and just admit that you disagree with everything GW Bush does because he's not a Democrat.We all know it,so just admit it.Until you do you're just a flaming hypocrit.

Catmando
05-16-2003, 06:52 AM
Mandelon:
Plenty of Saudis though...Kill em all, let God sort em out!! :cool: Damn RIGHT!! :mad: Stupidcokehead Bush invaded the wrong country. :mad:

Thunderbutt
05-16-2003, 07:07 AM
HighRoller:
I find it funny that people like CatMando rush to defend people like Saddam.The mastermind of the Achille Lauro hijacking was found hiding in Baghdad enjoying Saddam's hospitality.In case nobody remembers,this is the man that orchestrated the dumping overboard of a wheelchair bound American man after he was shot in the head during the hijacking of a cruise ship!And I guess CatMando thinks mass graves are a good thing because GW Bush ousted the man who filled them.Cat,please do us all a favor and just admit that you disagree with everything GW Bush does because he's not a Democrat.We all know it,so just admit it.Until you do you're just a flaming hypocrit. I bet there are more terrorest and hi-jackers in this country then Iraq. We know of 15 don't we. Does that make Bush a keeper of terrorest?

Seadog
05-16-2003, 08:00 AM
cat is just pissed at having to associate with the chicken shit lawyers that hide in Oklahoma when they don't get their way. WAHHHHHHHHHHH!
Don't feel too bad, I'm pissed at our chicken shits that didn't walk them back to the border and kicked their butts across the river, away from the bridge.

twistedpair
05-16-2003, 08:34 AM
Catmando:
There has never been an Iraqi national captured in a terrorist group. Yeah, terrorists aren't sophisticated enough to falsify documents or ID's. They always carry proper documentation. :rolleyes:

stonehedge
05-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Cat you responded just the way many with that thought process would, thanks for showing your true colors. If it offended you, well its suppose to. Well at least that target group. By the way,.................................. "Iraq, is the French word for Hollywood"

Catmando
05-16-2003, 12:02 PM
stonehedge:
Cat you responded just the way many with that thought process would, thanks for showing your true colors. If it offended you, well its suppose to. Well at least that target group. By the way,.................................. "Iraq, is the French word for Hollywood" Spoken like a true Dittohead. No facts, no concern for truth, just irrational knee-jerk Fascism. Put a Swastika on your boat so we know who you are.
I hope the comments above offend YOU, and those of your ilk who believe as you do.

eliminatedsprinter
05-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Catmando:
Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11 or any other terrorist group that has attacked our citizens or military anywhere in the world. There has never been an Iraqi national captured in a terrorist group. So Cat what do you call it when our planes that were patroling the "no-fly zone" were shot at by all those anti-aircraft guns and/or missles. Were our pilots all lying when they reprted being shot at on almost every patrol for all those years. :confused: I suppose the terrorist training camps in Iraq were all run without Saddam's or any Iraqi knowledge. Sure, that kind of thing is easy to do in a totalitarian, STALINIST, police state like Iraq. pig_flyi

stonehedge
05-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Not a "ditto head"? whatever that is, or Nazi, just a Marine, maybe thats my problem. But I still fight for the freedoms you seem to enjoy, and pratice on this board. Such anger, relax.

stonehedge
05-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Oh, almost forgot, F-the french.

Catmando
05-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Oh yeah, BTW Stonehead, my colors are Red, White and Blue, and they don't run. I'm an Army Veteran. How bout YOU, or did you run and hide like Rush Limbo(oh my hemerrhoids hurt boo hoo)and the Bush chickenhawks? Hunh? :mad:

stonehedge
05-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Actually I have over 16 years in the Corp, plus a tour in round one of the Gulf Wars, still in. Still fighting for everyones rights to pratice free speech. Such anger, relax.

Catmando
05-16-2003, 12:15 PM
eliminatedsprinter[/qb]So Cat what do you call it when our planes that were patroling the "no-fly zone" were shot at by all those anti-aircraft guns and/or missles. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Ask Outlaw Ollie North and Rumdummy Rumsfeld. They're the ones who sold weapons to Iraq and Iran.

stonehedge
05-16-2003, 12:15 PM
And who is this "Rush" fellow you keep attacking? Did he cause you some pain in your past?

stonehedge
05-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Can I ask when you served and what your job was? Just wondering where all this hate for the right came from? Have you been playing all those "dixie clit" CD's again.

Catmando
05-16-2003, 12:38 PM
I don't appreciate people questioning my patriotism just because I was against the "Battle of Iraq", as the Unelected White House Occupant called it. And that's what you meant when you said I "showed my true colors".
The Bush administration lied when it said it had "incontrovertible evidence" of WMDs. The unit responsible for finding them has packed up and left Iraq after finding NOTHING. So now I ask you; why was this war fought?
Shrub Bush and his henchmen are OILmen. Iraq has the second largest proven oil reserves in the world behind Saudi Arabia.
Hussein tried to assassinate Tree Bush.
Oil and Revenge. Money and madness.

Catmando
05-16-2003, 12:40 PM
stonehedge:
And who is this "Rush" fellow you keep attacking? Did he cause you some pain in your past? Do you not know who Rush Limbaugh is??

eliminatedsprinter
05-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Catmando
[[/QB]Ask Outlaw Ollie North and Rumdummy Rumsfeld. They're the ones who sold weapons to Iraq and Iran. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Come on Cat, take a deep breath and try to mix a little logic into your emotion. eek!
This kind of non-sequitur only makes you look less credible.
Besides, I've seen the published breakdown of Iraqs arms sources. The amount of arms we sent them is totaly insignficant compaired to the amount they have recieved from other countries. Esp. the Soviet Union/Russia and France.
[ May 16, 2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Catmando
05-16-2003, 12:52 PM
stonehedge:
Can I ask when you served and what your job was? Just wondering where all this hate for the right came from? Have you been playing all those "dixie clit" CD's again. USAREUR Hdqtrs Band
Orleans, France
1963-1966
I support the Dixie Chicks. I am ashamed that such a man as George W. Bush is sitting in the Oval Office, much less being from Texas.
Too bad Natalie said what she said in England. It would've made far more of an impact if she had said it from the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC.

eliminatedsprinter
05-16-2003, 12:54 PM
eliminatedsprinter:
Catmando
[Ask Outlaw Ollie North and Rumdummy Rumsfeld. They're the ones who sold weapons to Iraq and Iran. [/QB]Come on Cat, take a deep breath and try to mix a little logic into your emotion. eek!
This kind of non-sequitur only makes you look less credible.
Besides, I've seen the published breakdown of Iraqs arms sources. The amount of arms we sent them is totaly insignficant compaired to the amount they have recieved from other countries. Esp. the Soviet Union/Russia and France. [/QB][/QUOTE]

eliminatedsprinter
05-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Cat I think you can tell I love to debate. So I would never object to you or The Dixie Chicks expressing their views.
However, I do have one big problem with the Dixie Chicks and that is that their music sucks. Their latest song sounds like a high school prom band doing a cheesy imitation of Fleetwood Mac.
[ May 16, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Catmando
05-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah I should've mentioned Russia and France, probly China, North Korea and Japan too. A lot of countries wanted Hussein's money, and of course we wanted a buffer against Iran, who had effectively declared war against us by kidnapping our Embassy personnel. :mad: Carter shoulda told Tehran we're coming to get our people, and woe be unto you if you harm them. :mad:

Catmando
05-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Well...I'm not much of a country music fan myself. When I was growing up, we listened and danced to Chuck Berry, Fats Domino and Elvis. Guess that pretty much dates me, doesn't it? eek! :D I'm a OLD rocker! wink

Catmando
05-16-2003, 01:59 PM
Now y'all know that arms-for-hostages deal with Iran was totally against the Constitution. That's why they did it on the sly. Ollie North lied at the Congressional hearings, and he's a hero. :mad:
What message did THAT send to our youth?
[ May 16, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Catmando ]