PDA

View Full Version : Cops don't believe in Coincidences

Trailer Park Casanova
09-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Until recently, we'd spend a 4 day weekend at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas,, then make the journey to Parker for another 10 days.
A ritual for years.
I've got a brother that's been a LAPD Detective for decades. He always says no such thing as coincidences. Never figure that into an investigation.
Everytime someone finds out he's a cop when he goes out with us, they want to argue a ticket they got in Bakersfield, Hinkly, Seattle or some place. But that's another story.
OK, We're heading to Vegas along Pearblossum Highway, boat in tow. Just past the 395 junction, I mention to Kathy "Isn't this the spot on the highway last year where the Mercedes passed us then smoke and trans fluid covered our windshield when the Mercedes trans blew??
Just as the words left my mouth, another Mercedes was passing us and the same thing happened.
Transmission fluid all over the front of the truck and windshield,, smoke rolling outta the back of the Benz, he pulls over and we pass.
That's a hell of a coincidence.
Ok,, On the upper left corner of my windshield is a scratch where when I was parked year earlier in the Sav on parking lot in West Hills Los Angeles waiting for the girls,, a guy comes up selling diamond rings.
I asked him: "are they real?' He says: "sure,, then scratched my windshield".
Ok,, so now were in Vegas,, and we take the kids to Dive!, the Stephen Speilberg subway sandwitch joint. I drop everyone off in front, then drive into the mall parking by myself.
A guy walks up, shows me diamond rings for sale and of course I say : Are they real?" Then, right next to the scratch I already have from the last scheister back in Los Angeles a year earlier,, he scratches the windshield again.
Two parallel lines.
Any coincidences you can write about?

JAM
09-10-2003, 10:24 PM
How's this for explainations...
As far as the Mercedes situations, there's probably an old, desert hermit armed with Mojave Desert Militia sniper rifle who's favorite pastime is plinking at corporate yuppies in their European sedans screaming past his 18' roadside travel trailer.
And as for the shady jewelry salesman, well he's been a stow-away in your boat this whole time.
Hey, anything's possible... wink

Laveyman
09-11-2003, 05:45 AM
Sounds like the movie Groundhog Day to me! :D
And you're right, we don't beleive in coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.

leibniz
09-11-2003, 07:54 AM
If a sheister like that scratched my windshield, I'd kick his ass. :mad:

hoolign
09-11-2003, 08:08 AM
RiverDave:
I can't believe the guy scratched your windshield.. Doesn't seem like the greatest sales approach to me. ???
RD He's likley got shares in the windsheild shop down the road :D

09-11-2003, 08:33 AM
You acually wasted the time to talk to a guy selling diamond rings on the street? Did you really hope to get a deal? Well, then.....I have this nice ocean front property in Utah I'm sure you and the little woman would just love. :D

burbanite
09-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Well TPC,
my Mercedes blew a transmission seal and pumped out a load of fluid all over the exhaust and the highway but as I have not driven it out of this state I'm not your man... wink

OGShocker
09-11-2003, 12:13 PM
leibniz:
If a sheister like that scratched my windshield, I'd kick his ass. :mad: What happend to that passive Canadian thing? Is that limited to Ottawa? :D

Boozer
09-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Even glass will cut glass. So the whole let me cut your glass with this diamond thing is a big ass farse.

leibniz
09-11-2003, 12:21 PM
OGShocker:
leibniz:
If a sheister like that scratched my windshield, I'd kick his ass. :mad: What happend to that passive Canadian thing? Is that limited to Ottawa? :D I'm starting the migration of the Canadian people over to a more practical, less time consuming, less political, vigilante-ish problem solving solution approach. There's already a few of us on board.
We get to kick the ass of people who are being jerks, but if we get our ass kicked instead, we have to pay our own medical bills. It's a sweet deal.
:rolleyes:

leibniz
09-11-2003, 12:22 PM
nerts.
[ September 11, 2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: leibniz ]

Trailer Park Casanova
09-11-2003, 02:39 PM
hoolign:
RiverDave:
I can't believe the guy scratched your windshield.. Doesn't seem like the greatest sales approach to me. ???
RD He's likley got shares in the windsheild shop down the road :D We had bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee to tow with until the new GM trucks were available.
The Jeep had inadequate unsolveable A/C, the brakes horrible, and unsolveable problems with the engine (fuel injection we think). So,, the Jeep was parked while we dealt with Chrysler for over a year, and we used my work crew cab to tow with in the meantime.
My work truck was shop worn, several hailstorms in Sturgis, backed into at the Roadrunner and Harrahs, plus years of hardwork it looked pretty shopworn. Spider web star dings in the windshield ect,, So I really didnt care.
I didn't solicit these guys, they just walked up to me and talked for a few seconds and split.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-11-2003, 02:48 PM
maybe you should but a mecedes and a diamond ring to get even.LOL!! :D

SandbarScot
09-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Trannies keep blowing because the piece-o-crap German engineered rust buckets couldn't handle the climb up the Cajon Pass..stressed the tranny to the max. Then when they finally got over the pass, they picked up speed on the down hill, passed you and the tranny finally puked.
The diamond seller thing is no coincidence. They're all over like the guys selling crap speakers (in a decent looking cabinet) out of a van.
As a 16 year cop, I must also agree with your brother :D

rrrr
09-11-2003, 08:01 PM
burbanite:
Well TPC,
my Mercedes blew a transmission seal and pumped out a load of fluid all over the exhaust and the highway but as I have not driven it out of this state I'm not your man... wink Hey burb, by chance was it a 240D? When I was in Indy this spring I saw it happen. Fortunately being that a 240D cannot even outrun a Yugo, only ten feet of pavement was affected..... :D :D :D

burbanite
09-11-2003, 08:14 PM
rrrr:
was it a 240D? Diesel????.....Diesel????
No way, good old V8 power for me.... :D
The "piece-o-crap German engineered rust bucket" is good for 156 mph, no hill required. I love 'em, well built and "strong as ox". :cool:

Outnumbered
09-11-2003, 11:09 PM
That is an odd story TPC. Must be some hidden meaning in there somewhere???
Last time we came back from Mead on the 15 everytime we climbed a grade there was at least one Nissan Quest Van broke down on the side of the road. First two seemed to be a coincidence, after the fourth one we thought that was pretty strange. We ended up counting 6 of them. NO other brands of mini-vans, just Nissan Quests.
OL

HammerDown
09-12-2003, 05:59 AM
What a minute here...the dude scratches your windsheld...and you don't deck him! :confused: Were you wearing panties that day?
He'd be eating a fist sandwich if that happened to me.