PDA

View Full Version : Those were the days...

BowTie Rick
01-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Could you even imagine that years ago this was acceptable? Check out the date in the upper right corner.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Avatars/clip_image001.JPG

HCS
01-07-2003, 03:41 PM
No wonder my dad had it made. :rolleyes:
[ January 07, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

Jordy
01-07-2003, 03:43 PM
It all seems pretty simple to me...

mbrown2
01-07-2003, 03:46 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
No wonder my dad had it made. :rolleyes: Everytime I see your avitar, I want to go write bad checks for big sick motor.

HCS
01-07-2003, 03:50 PM
mbrown2:
HARDCORE-SKI:
No wonder my dad had it made. :rolleyes: Everytime I see your avitar, I want to go write bad checks for big sick motor. :D I could put that in my ski boat along with a two blade and I ought to be able to hit about 80mph. wink

126driver
01-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Where can I get a hard copy? :D :rolleyes:

Jordy
01-07-2003, 03:57 PM
mbrown2:
Everytime I see your avitar, I want to go write bad checks for big sick motor. The only problem is, that's a small sick motor... look at the valve covers. Still pretty sick though.

HCS
01-07-2003, 04:01 PM
126driver:
Where can I get a hard copy? :D :rolleyes: HERE (http://www.theblowershop.com) :)

HCS
01-07-2003, 04:04 PM
jordanpaulk:
mbrown2:
Everytime I see your avitar, I want to go write bad checks for big sick motor. The only problem is, that's a small sick motor... look at the valve covers. Still pretty sick though. That's what I got son is a small block 350. :D You'll have to come see it sometime. wink

126driver
01-07-2003, 04:08 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
126driver:
Where can I get a hard copy? :D :rolleyes: HERE (http://www.theblowershop.com) :) No, I mean of that article at the top of the thread. I want to leave it in a strategic place at my house for my wife. :D Of course, if I actually had the balls to do that she would roll it up and knock the chit out of me with it. eek!

HCS
01-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Oh, ok I thought that wasn't right by looking at avatar. :confused:

BowTie Rick
01-07-2003, 04:20 PM
E-mail me and I can send it to you in a word document suitable for printing.

HM
01-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Have you guys ever listened to Walter Williams on the radio. Sometimes he fills in for El Rushbo.
Walter blames many of todays problems on technology, especially in the home. Dishwashers, washer/dryers, vaccuums, microwave ovens, frozen dinners, and etc. He says that all this have given extensive free time to women which has caused them to get thier nose into places it shouldn't be. If they were occupied with taking care of their home, most of todays problems would be non-existant (he does say this with tongue-in-cheek) but he does make a pretty good point when it comes to things like NOW and affirmitive discrimination.
BTW - Mrs. HolyMoly is a great mother and home maker. I won't get into details cause you guys would really be jealous! But, lets just say she appologizes when she makes left overs for dinner. :D She likes taking care of the family as a mother and a wife, and she likes that her man brings home the bacon.

HCS
01-07-2003, 04:24 PM
I listen to those guy's all the time. Their a crack up but so..true.
[ January 07, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

twistedpair
01-07-2003, 05:21 PM
That article is kind of along the lines of the old joke:
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing, you already told her twice!

Jordy
01-07-2003, 05:24 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
That's what I got son is a small block 350. :D You'll have to come see it sometime. wink You just say the word... :D :D :D
That would be pretty wild sticking up out of the middle of a ski boat. Would pretty much render the ski pylon in the middle of the floor useless, but then again, that's what the wake towers are for right? :D

Jordy
01-07-2003, 05:56 PM
How about this rig???
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/monsternatique.JPG
Think you could pull some skiers?

Seadog
01-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Just like everything else, there are some good valid points to the article, some out of date notions and several things that would get me killed. Of course, today the rules would apply to "the spouse on domestic operations duty" argue .

HCS
01-08-2003, 07:32 AM
jordanpaulk:
How about this rig???
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/monsternatique.JPG
Think you could pull some skiers? Very good, I'll have to construct a blower guard in the back so people don't get their feet caught in the belt. eek!

rivercutie
01-08-2003, 07:43 AM
LOL I have seen that before and its always good for a few laughs :D

Kwicherbichen
01-11-2003, 03:36 AM
Wonder what the divorce rate was back then. Last I heard it's around 60% these days.
Bow Tie Rick, can you email the word version to me buddy? Thanks

Hal
01-11-2003, 05:59 AM
HolyMoly:
Have you guys ever listened to Walter Williams on the radio. Sometimes he fills in for El Rushbo.
Walter blames many of todays problems on technology, especially in the home. Dishwashers, washer/dryers, vaccuums, microwave ovens, frozen dinners, and etc. He says that all this have given extensive free time to women which has caused them to get thier nose into places it shouldn't be. If they were occupied with taking care of their home, most of todays problems would be non-existant (he does say this with tongue-in-cheek) but he does make a pretty good point when it comes to things like NOW and affirmitive discrimination. I think Walter missed the biggest distraction that was just getting popular in the early 50s. Television
And I forgot to add, that was before the ladies started working full time.
[ January 11, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Hal ]

Mandelon
01-11-2003, 06:09 AM
How about this rig???
Think you could pull some skiers?
You could keep a bag on the boat and fill it with all of the skiers' arms that you yanked off. :D :D Then you could beat them over the head with their own arms if the got water spots on the chrome! :p Nice!

Rayhill
01-11-2003, 06:21 AM
[/QUOTE]You could keep a bag on the boat and fill it with all of the skiers' arms that you yanked off. :D :D Then you could beat them over the head with their own arms if the got water spots on the chrome! :p Nice! [/QB][/QUOTE]
I like that! Im going to be snickering about that for a while!
Thanks!!!

Mrs Big Boy Toys
01-11-2003, 07:35 AM
HolyMoly:
Walter blames many of todays problems on technology, especially in the home. Dishwashers, washer/dryers, vaccuums, microwave ovens, frozen dinners, and etc. He says that all this have given extensive free time to women which has caused them to get thier nose into places it shouldn't be. If they were occupied with taking care of their home, most of todays problems would be non-existant (he does say this with tongue-in-cheek) but he does make a pretty good point when it comes to things like NOW and affirmitive discrimination.
BTW - Mrs. HolyMoly is a great mother and home maker. I won't get into details cause you guys would really be jealous! But, lets just say she appologizes when she makes left overs for dinner. :D She likes taking care of the family as a mother and a wife, and she likes that her man brings home the bacon. HolyMoly, It very hard being a woman in todays world, We work full time and have our familys to take care of. I do it every day.

Mrs Big Boy Toys
01-11-2003, 07:37 AM
Mrs Big Boy Toys:
HolyMoly:
BTW - Mrs. HolyMoly is a great mother and home maker. I won't get into details cause you guys would really be jealous! But, lets just say she appologizes when she makes left overs for dinner. :D She likes taking care of the family as a mother and a wife, and she likes that her man brings home the bacon. HolyMoly, It very hard being a woman in todays world, We work full time and have our familys to take care of. I do it every day. So the dish washer and other things that help make our lives easier are great.

INFINITEJJ
01-11-2003, 08:05 AM
Hard copy of the good wife (http://www.mastalk.com/pages/wife.htm)

NEW 2 RIVER
01-11-2003, 08:09 AM
I am printing the article now.Off to buy Photo shop for a date change to the article.Insert in the newest Martha STewart magazine and give to wife.sit down and enjoy the benifits
yeah right

twistedpair
01-11-2003, 09:56 AM
NEW 2 RIVER:
I am printing the article now.Off to buy Photo shop for a date change to the article.Insert in the newest Martha STewart magazine and give to wife.sit down and enjoy the benifits
yeah right Nah, Slip it in a few issues of 'Rosie' at the newsstand, watch all the dikes heads explode!! :D

126driver
01-11-2003, 10:40 AM
twistedpair:
Nah, Slip it in a few issues of 'Rosie' at the newsstand, watch all the dikes heads explode!! :D Not very politically correct.
But very funny!! :D :D
Screw PC. :mad:

gigamurph
01-11-2003, 11:10 AM
rivercutie:
LOL I have seen that before and its always good for a few laughs :D It's not meant to be funny girlie-girl!
wink