PDA

View Full Version : New issue of HOT BOAT?

superV
02-13-2003, 07:24 AM
Just pick up a copy last night. The first f'ing 6 pages are all Fountian ads. I can understand advertising of Big Boats for the makers of large and small but come on Fountian? :mad: they have always been a big non "Hot Boat" offshore type brand!Shit i think the smallest boat they make is a 27' i dont think you can even take them to london Bridge cannel (i.e. The home of all hot boats) :confused: P.S. i Know thier money is green as everyone elses... :( But 6 pgs? Thier was a nice one page ad for the non money making ***boat.NET promoting the site! :D :rolleyes: I though the Test section part 2 was good but i did not agree with the Profile write up. I just looked at these boats at the KC boat show and talk with the owner for some time. When i asked why they paint thier boats and not use Gel, the owner said he did not under stand the big craz for custom gel and that paint was better. When looking at thier 27 Cat you could see every tape line and all the jagged edges from the removal of the tape inaddition to being able to feel the lines. The inside of the rig was only geled where you can see ! I think they are good from far but far from good? Lets here some opinions :confused:

GlastronGuy
02-13-2003, 07:29 AM
Hot Boat has a magazine?

superV
02-13-2003, 07:36 AM
GlastronGuy:
Hot Boat has a magazine? ROTFLMAO

Quality Time
02-13-2003, 07:50 AM
It's Boat Show season and Fountain seems to do this every year in most of the mags. Like you said, their money is green.

superV
02-13-2003, 08:00 AM
Quality Time:
It's Boat Show season and Fountain seems to do this every year in most of the mags. Like you said, their money is green. Well i hope they spend it all, they are already having money problems maybe this will break them? "NOT" :mad: You know they did not do near as much in some of the other mags out there this month? I think they just now where all the real boaters$$$ are and that the market is shifting to SoCal Hot Boats and they cant keep up with thier big over head :D Did anyone see in Power Boat last month Baja is stoping there prodution of go fast boats due to the SoCal custom seen and focusing on "performance fishing boats"? This is why the new baja 20' is only 25K close out deal is what that is... They are keeping it real low key they said in the small write up! eek!

mbrown2
02-13-2003, 08:21 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and say I think Fountains are over rated....For that Grip, I would rather have a Cig, Outlimits, or Hustler; most of those mentioned test better than the Fountains, look better, and are probably more reasonably priced.....death to the beaks. eek!

superV
02-13-2003, 08:24 AM
mbrown2:
I am going to go out on a limb and say I think Fountains are over rated....For that Grip, I would rather have a Cig, Outlimits, or Hustler; most of those mentioned test better than the Fountains, look better, and are probably more reasonably priced.....death to the beaks. eek! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/vogel.gifFountain

superV
02-13-2003, 08:54 AM
What about Profile any comments?

ACCEPTENCE
02-13-2003, 08:54 AM
HEY!!!! what's with baggin the Fountains??? Thier no different then any other builder. They just cater to the higher end and have all the money they need for advertising.
Six pages should'nt be a problem, don't you like the pics???
Also this. If you remember not so many years back there was nothing but little go fast boats on the river and havasu. Now a days the trend is bigger and that's all you see are 25-29fters. As evolution happens and boats continue to get bigger and badder, Fountain has allready got the name in front of you. Trends are changing, things will go bigger yet and Fountain's marketing has a jump on the gun. Ya think maybe???
Besides, six pages of Fountains gives me a reason to look for a job :D :D :D
[ February 13, 2003, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: ACCEPTENCE ]

Blown 472
02-13-2003, 08:57 AM
I have no problem with them, I toured the plant twice, first time the guy that gave me the tour used to ski on the river where I boat, they loaded me up with videos and all kinds of stuff, nice folks, all kinds of hp and kick ass boats laying around. eek!

superV
02-13-2003, 09:11 AM
ACCEPTENCE:
HEY!!!! what's with baggin the Fountains??? Thier no different then any other builder. They just cater to the higher end and have all the money they need for advertising.
"The higher end is the end im talking about not exactly Hot Boat! But i do understand, i my self run a 24" Callenger Offshore but ive got a 20' elim day crusier too! My point is we need a mag devoted to Old School Hot Boat types...."
Six pages should'nt be a problem, don't you like the pics??? "No in arrow as soon as you open the mag!"
Also this. If you remember not so many years back there was nothing but little go fast boats on the river and havasu. Now a days the trend is bigger and that's all you see are 25-29fters. As evolution happens and boats continue to get bigger and badder, Fountain has allready got the name in front of you. Trends are changing, things will go bigger yet and Fountain's marketing has a jump on the gun. Ya think maybe???
" Trends are changing So Cal customs are on the rise and the Old school Big Dogs are scared!"
Besides, six pages of Fountains gives me a reason to look for a job :D :D :D " Six pages of DCB is a better reson :D "

superV
02-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Well thart did not work like i thought it would all the comments in" " are mine frown

mbrown2
02-13-2003, 09:16 AM
ACCEPTENCE:
Six pages should'nt be a problem, don't you like the pics???
Besides, six pages of Fountains gives me a reason to look for a job :D :D :D I am not baggin on the size of any boat...and I did not mention anything about the Marketing Tactics (to each their own)...I said they were overrated compared to the Competitors, and IMO their looks are dated...enough with the Beaks... :D

bear down
02-13-2003, 09:41 AM
I think the purpose of such a blitz in advertising in magazines are for this reason alone..Exposure and discussion. Looks like they accomplished what they wanted A Buzz in the boat circle.

ACCEPTENCE
02-13-2003, 09:59 AM
bear down:
I think the purpose of such a blitz in advertising in magazines are for this reason alone..Exposure and discussion. Looks like they accomplished what they wanted A Buzz in the boat circle. How true...
Victory to the beaks, bigger and badder :D :D :D

dossangers
02-13-2003, 10:17 AM
hail to the beaks!! at least reggie knows how to drive a fast boat he's set all the records and when i get enough money$$$$ which will be never i'm buying a fountain 42 twin 1000's #6 drives then i can swamp boats like i used to drive on the RIVER!! I ask why the **** would you put a offshore boat on the river when you have the pacific ocean??????

superV
02-13-2003, 10:27 AM
"The buzz" True Dat..
Im not bashing the guy or his boats (well maybe alittle)just giving my opinion of the ad in hot boat. They could of spread them out or something!I ask how mant Hot Boats you see running around the Big Blue?
And i still have heard no comments on profile?

superV
02-13-2003, 10:31 AM
BTW the resson he has all the ad money is he has been using the same molds for 20yrs... :rolleyes: i.e. out dated!
The only Big Boat i want to see in Hot Boat are Cats and Tunnel but that would require a new mold for some? :D wink

superV
02-13-2003, 10:34 AM
Big Blue boats around Hot Boats are like jet ski around boats... Sure they are fun to dive and can be quit cool but the two dont mix well together! Just my.02

superV
02-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Check it out!
Fountain Earnings (Post #1)
02/12 10:01A (DJ) +DJ Fountain Powerboat Industries 2Q EPS 10c
Story 4596 DJ Fountain Powerboat Earnings -2: 2Q Fincl Table, Comment
Fountain Powerboat Industries Inc. - Washington, N.C.
2nd Quar Dec. 31:
2002 2001
Sales $12,941,227 $6,553,076
Net income 497,708 (1,417,651)
Avg shrs (basic) 4,745,108 4,732,608
Avg shrs (diluted) 4,825,399 ....
Shr earns (basic)
Net income .10 (.30)
Shr earns (diluted)
Net income .03 ....
Figures in parentheses are losses.
Fountain Powerboat Industries Inc. (FPWR) said second-quarter sales were
among the best in the company's history and that expected sales improvement
and cost reductions "should propel the company to a substantially profitable
fiscal year ending 2003."
Fountain Powerboat makes sport boats, fishing boats and express cruisers.
-Karen M. Lee; Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5400
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
02-12-03 1036ET
Additional Codes ( N/CAC, N/CNW, N/DJEN, N/DJWI, N/ERN, M/CYC, M/MMR, P/HDL,
R/NC, R/NME, R/US, R/USS)

Blown 472
02-13-2003, 11:27 AM
So, Super V you dont like Reggie.

Jordy
02-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I kind of go back and forth between a 40+ foot Fountain and a 46' Skater... hell, maybe I'll just get both. :D Fountain builds a solid boat and I'd pick one up in a heartbeat. :D

Skaterfast
02-13-2003, 11:43 AM
I think the profile cat is one of the top 3 best looking cats out there.I didn't know they use paint.

mbrown2
02-13-2003, 11:53 AM
I think the 40' Skater with the twin Turbines and Arneson's in the new Powerboat is the shit....at 90% throttle, they are clicking away at 152, with the possibility of 170-180+ performance...That is some serious shit.

superV
02-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Blown 472:
So, Super V you dont like Reggie. Dont know him well enuff to say!

superV
02-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Skaterfast:
I think the profile cat is one of the top 3 best looking cats out there.I didn't know they use paint. Before seeing this one i had never seen one they are great looking thats why i went right top them first thing when i got there, but like i said good from far, far from good. Not that i would not own one just comparing them to others in its class. Its just the paint thing that really bugs me.they are sweet looking... :D