PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Crash"We want to know"

superV
10-11-2002, 12:13 PM
Just thoght I start over since no one is looking at that thread much anymore! :mad: :confused: :mad:

BowTie Rick
10-11-2002, 02:53 PM
I am just starting to look for a new ride, possibly. It would be nice to know who it was and why it happened. The truth is out there...

Jrocket
10-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Hey BowtieRick..Do you know John H. at your work? He drives the race cars around to the track and works on the race team?
Sure would be nice to know the WHOLE story about this crash. :mad:

shockwaveharry
10-12-2002, 08:44 AM
http://www.timelord.co.uk/scifi/pics/truth.jpg

Froggystyle
10-12-2002, 06:28 PM
As much as I would like to start some flame war here...
I heard from the guy from Sea Tow, the dude that actually pulled the wreckage up that it was some 1970 something hooptie with a jet. No name. Like a "Marlin" or something alledgedly. He said it was no suprise it came apart according to him. It looked neglected.
This is from him, and I guess there could be a couple of wrecks that weekend, but if it was pulled up by Sea Tow... it was nothing to concern your new boat purchase with.
[ October 12, 2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

BowTie Rick
10-14-2002, 02:48 PM
Jrocket:
Hey BowtieRick..Do you know John H. at your work? He drives the race cars around to the track and works on the race team?
Sure would be nice to know the WHOLE story about this crash. :mad: Hell yes I know John H. Just was in the race shop on Friday. Froggy got a new avatar! Now that is news if I ever heard it. Hard to beleive no one started a thread on it... do I smell a pole? Not as impactful as the first one but its not too bad either. Perhaps it will grow on me.

BoatFloating
10-16-2002, 09:10 AM
I was out there that weekend and it happened after we passed the area. My buddie did see it after it happened. He also said it was a older boat not a newer model. This was near sandbar on 4th of July weekend. Just to make sure we are talking about same crash. I'm sure it is since boats don't come apart every weekend, Thank God!

shockwaveharry
10-16-2002, 09:52 AM
BoatFloating:
...Just to make sure we are talking about same crash... Hallett19:
Yeah, I think what you are talking about was a boat that split down the middle. It was a newer custom boat and the owner said the driver was cruising behind a big boat, hit a wake and the entire thing split, the deck flew off and the back of the boat sank to the bottom. I talked to the owner and tried to hit him up for his hydraulic place diverter :) PICKLEtheLOAD:
The owner said a 21' custom boat company out of riverside, it was pretty nice, minus the fact it was split in the middle. By the way, Hallett asking for the diverter, you have to strike while cauldon is hot.[/QB][/QUOTE]
BF, you and Froggy might be talking about the same accident.
[ October 16, 2002, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: shockwaveharry ]

OOfatso
10-16-2002, 03:53 PM
well?????
OOfatso
:D

Froggystyle
10-16-2002, 09:55 PM
Dunno? From this guy's description, it was by no means a "newer custom boat" so it was probably a different splitting. He described it the same way though.

tony arroro
10-16-2002, 10:15 PM
what happened i havent been on in weeks

shockwaveharry
10-17-2002, 07:28 AM
tony arroro:
what happened i havent been on in weeksSome poor guy in Havasu crashed his boat and split it down the middle. No one was hurt but a good object lesson in why we should allways carry insurance. What makes this thread interesting is that at least a couple of people know what kind of boat it was but refuse to say for whatever reason... frown