PDA

View Full Version : Necklace thief follow up...

Jbb
03-17-2006, 03:33 AM
news home | top | world | intl | natl | op | pol | govt | business | tech | sci | entertain | sports | health | odd | sources
AP • Reuters • Photos
Like stealing candy from a baby...
Mar 16, 8:50 AM (ET)
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Los Angeles man and woman were each sentenced to two years in prison on Wednesday for stealing a gold chain from around the neck of a 5-year-old girl in January.
Julio Cesar Beltran, 18, and Patricia Serrano, 31, each pleaded no contest to one count of second-degree robbery and were given two year sentences by a Los Angeles judge, prosecutor June Chung said.
A videotape captured Beltran leaping from a car being driven by Serrano and grabbing two chains on the girl's neck as she stood in front of a meat market, Chung said.
Serrano ripped one of the chains off the girl, giving her an 8-inch (20-cm) cut, she said, and the couple admitted to police that they later pawned the necklace for drug money.
"It's very shocking to have a 5-year-old robbery victim," Chung said, adding that when the robbery was first reported "people were calling in from around the country offering to buy her a new necklace."
Chung said the girl still has a slight scar on the back of her neck but was otherwise doing well.
Copyright 2005 Reuters.

Badger301
03-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Glad they got time in prison....I hope justice is served while they are there.

Tom Brown
03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
They should make a pair of earrings out of that guy's nuts and give them to the little girl.

charlyox
03-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Too bad they didn't get locked up for longer.

Biglue
03-17-2006, 08:51 AM
I could see Beltran the 18 year schmuck pulling a stunt like that. But shit the girl.......31 years old. I would have thought she had better sense than that. Espaecially being a woman.

Tom Brown
03-17-2006, 08:52 AM
I would have thought she had better sense than that. Espaecially being a woman.
LMFAO!!! :D :D :D :D

Biglue
03-17-2006, 08:53 AM
LMFAO!!! :D :D :D :D
LOL.
Hey man that was a serious statement. I meant that it's typically not in a womans nature to do some shit like that.

Badger301
03-17-2006, 09:01 AM
LOL.
Hey man that was a serious statement. I meant that it's typically not in a womans nature to do some shit like that.
Drug addicts dont fall into the "Typical" Woman category.

Dave C
03-17-2006, 09:05 AM
unless she is crack w hore...

Jyruiz
03-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Drug addicts dont fall into the "Typical" Woman category.
Beat me too it.