PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Bilge Pump??

mirvin
10-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Who's got one?
It might not be the best thing to admit, but If I didn't have one my floatilla would be sitting at the bottom of every lake in the Pacific south west.
Mine turns on about every three hours when the boat's anchored. :D :D :D

77charger
10-06-2003, 03:54 PM
I have a rule aoto 500 it works really good the manual part kinda sucks since if it doesnt sense water it shuts off after 2-3 seconds(only if you like to get every last drop out).But will continue pumpin as long as water is being picked up.overall its a good pump though

wrightnow
10-06-2003, 04:04 PM
I added a float switch to my pump to that I could either turn it on manual or let the float switch control it.
Makes me feel better when left in the water over night.
Mark

Banshee
10-06-2003, 06:07 PM
I have three automatic Rule's in my tunnel.
I like 'em a lot.

Tom Brown
10-06-2003, 06:09 PM
Does anyone make an electronic module to control a bilge pump? My bilge sump is about 4 inches in diameter and I barely have room for a pump so any float would have to be pretty tiny to fit in there.
I've seen water alert modules that run of 110v that only require two wires to sense water.
[ October 06, 2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

Chase
10-07-2003, 09:23 AM
My boat came factory with an automatic bilge..It has both a manual switch to control it and it works on its own when it senses water present. I rarely need it, except for those times where the people sitting in the open bow need cooling down. I learned that I take on more water than I thought when the nose goes under...I learned then that the bilge comes on by itself.
Bottom line it works great.

Chase
10-07-2003, 09:25 AM
Hey Tom, I am going to check how mine works, since there is no visible "float" that turns this thing on or off, and by the sounds of it, your pump is about the same size as mine...I had to be careful with that statement....LOL

hack job
10-07-2003, 10:08 AM
mine dose not require a flat it has a switch that looks for resistance aganist the impellor and if there is none then it shuts off and it checks every min or so. it works great i can also turn it on off as i wish! wink

Morty
10-07-2003, 10:53 AM
I bought another aut bilge pump that I'm going to install one of these days. It's one of those things.....insurance. I never use mine; I don't get as much as a drop of water in there, but the original pump is so far in the back that it'll be easier to have a 2nd pump than to service the original.
Here's a thought: If possible, put the 2nd bilge pump outlet on the same side as your steering wheel..If you need to use it, you'll be able to just turn around and look for the water...just an idea.

77charger
10-07-2003, 02:13 PM
hack job:
mine dose not require a flat it has a switch that looks for resistance aganist the impellor and if there is none then it shuts off and it checks every min or so. it works great i can also turn it on off as i wish! wink Is that a rule pump.If so that is what i had in my jet boat.Its a compact size pump IMO or about the same size as the other rule 500 pumps.But with no floats to break

Tom Brown
10-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Chase:
Hey Tom, I am going to check how mine works, since there is no visible "float" that turns this thing on or off, and by the sounds of it, your pump is about the same size as mine...I had to be careful with that statement....LOL Thanks, Chase. :)