PDA

View Full Version : Whose Magnatude is at Shockwave?

MagicMtnDan
07-20-2003, 03:23 PM
We visited Barry and the folks at Shockwave yesterday. Looked at their boats and spent a good amount of time with Barry (great guy) looking at their 25' Tremor. Barry's got a great Tremor all flamed out with some trick stuff on it.
Parked inside the shop was a sweet yellow/black 29' Magnatude getting some work done on it. Heard it belongs to somebody on the board...
Tremor:
http://www.shockwaveboats.com/images/tremor/new_tremor.jpg

Havasu Luvr
07-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey Dan,
I missed you yesterday. I was at the shop for a few hours BS with Barry & Buck (aka "Buck Shot"). That sweet ride is mine....Thank you :D So, ya looking into a 25 Tremor?? Thats a sweet ride ! ! !

shockwavebd
07-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks for coming down dan it was good to meet you guys you just missed HL by a couple of minutes his boat is a beauty :D

MagicMtnDan
07-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Havasu Luvr:
Hey Dan,
I missed you yesterday. I was at the shop for a few hours BS with Barry & Buck (aka "Buck Shot"). That sweet ride is mine....Thank you :D So, ya looking into a 25 Tremor?? Thats a sweet ride ! ! ! YOUR 29'er is a sweet ride! That thing gets a LOT of style points on my card. Nice!
Yeah, we were looking at the Tremor and all the others there too. Spent time talking boats, shop and the boards. Met and talked to Buck too - he's a really good guy - he showed us around his boat - he's had that thing all over the place including Texas.
The Tremor is a very nice boat. We really like the layout and design. We're going to talk to Barry some more in the coming weeks.
Anyone have any idea how it compares to the Howard 25 Bullet? Longer? Wider? Deeper? Heavier? etc. Thanks

SoCalOffshore
07-21-2003, 07:32 AM
ONe thing you can know for sure, it will be allot roomier inside. I think the 28 Bullit has about the same room as the Shockwave 25.

roln 20s
07-21-2003, 07:53 AM
Anyone have any idea how it compares to the Howard 25 Bullet? Longer? Wider? Deeper? Heavier? It is longer, because its 25 feet without the deck. A real 25 footer. I think its a little wider. They both definately have a different hull design: the Howard will have a vee with a bigger angle for cutting through rough water, and it seems to be the 25 has more of a conventional vee hull. As for weight, it has to be the Shockwave. Any boat in this size range should cut through Havasu chop fairly well!
If that is the companies your final decision rests with, you can't go wrong. But I have to say- for the price I am thinking you are going to get two times the stuff with the Shockwave.
Good luck.
Roln 20s

Steamin' Rice
07-21-2003, 09:56 AM
roln 20s:
... the Howard will have a vee with a bigger angle for cutting through rough water, and it seems to be the 25 has more of a conventional vee hull....Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the bullet have a 22.5 degree bottom compared to 24 degrees for the tremor? To me, this would suggest that the tremor has a deeper V as compared to the bullet.
I believe that the tremor is a bigger boat all around with more room and weight to knock down rough water, but the bullet is probably a faster boat with equal power.
I don't think you can go wrong with either boat, the choice for you will depend on how you will use the boat and what is most inportant to you. Have fun shopping...

roln 20s
07-21-2003, 10:01 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by roln 20s:
... the Howard will have a vee with a bigger angle for cutting through rough water, and it seems to be the 25 has more of a conventional vee hull....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the bullet have a 22.5 degree bottom compared to 24 degrees for the tremor? To me, this would suggest that the tremor has a deeper V as compared to the bullet.
Opps, Steamin you may be right. If those are the numbers, I believe you are correct.
But I must say, from the pics of GT's 25 Bullet in ***boat, that vee sure does look sharp.
Steamin- you have the ITS system on your 29?
Roln 20s

Steamin' Rice
07-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Roln, I'm just going by memory from when I was looking at the 28 Bullet and could be wrong. I think the Bullets are great looking boats and are definitely fast hulls.
I have the ITS on my 29 and am pretty happy with it. It definitely cleans up the look of the transom which I like.