PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to..

Blown 472
05-01-2003, 11:22 AM
cox airplanes, cars, all that stuff, nitro, glow plugs and all.

HCS
05-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Blown 472:
cox airplanes, cars, all that stuff, nitro, glow plugs and all. I got one. :)

DogHouse
05-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Speaking of models, anyone catch the model boat in the channel last weekend at Havasu? We were idling up the channel and the guy behind us was running a little gas powered r/c boat around. I'm thinking yeah that looks like fun but I wouldn't be doing it in the middle of the crowded channel... Sure enough, he zips up past us, turns around, and after he went behind our boat we hear a crash. Turns out he ran into a pontoon boat and the model ended up upside down in the middle of the channel, oops. It's a good thing he picked an unpainted metal hull to run into rather than someone's expensive and colorful gelcoat!
As a kid I used to run r/c hydros, alcohol, nitro, the whole bit. Last one had an OPS 90 in it. That thing really moved.
[ May 01, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: DogHouse ]

FASTERDAMITT
05-01-2003, 11:46 AM
My twelve yr old son has those Nitro burning hot rods. T-Max 4x4, just doubled the cubic cc's cause dads always doin the same to his toys. He also has a 34" Cat w/twin 550 elect motors, waitin on more money to increase the juice on that one! :)

HavasuDreamin'
05-01-2003, 12:06 PM
Are there any good internet sites for this stuff?
I have an RC Truck, but am interested in the boats.

DogHouse
05-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Fasterdammit, we used to run in your neck o' the woods, Lake Cahuilla to be exact. I probably butchered the spelling on that one!
RD, got any pics of that beast? It's been a long time since I've seen what the latest go-fast r/c hardware looked like. I'm sure it's a big step up from what we ran. As I recall, my little boat was running in the 70-80 range. It would run away and hide from our 55mph jet ski boat.
-brian

DogHouse
05-01-2003, 12:12 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing. I went to a meet once at a little pond in El Monte. Some guy named Teague was there blowing everybody's doors off. Wonder what ever happened to him... wink

yamakazi
05-01-2003, 12:42 PM
You can go play with the boys in Havasu at the south end of Rotary Park on Sat. mornings around 7am. The floatplane and boat clubs are out there running their toys. Go buy stuff at:
Towerhobbies (http://www.towerhobbies.com) or Hobbypeople (http://www.hobbypeople.net)

HammerDown
05-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Blown 472:
cox airplanes, cars, all that stuff, nitro, glow plugs and all. Yea I had them all...the Dune Buggy, the VW with the fat slicks, the Dragster...and a few Air Planes that had a short life :rolleyes: .
I also had one hell of a HO Car track.

Frosty_pop
05-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Model jet drives.....
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/jetdrives.htm

burbanite
05-01-2003, 03:09 PM
I have a 36" hydro and a 42" flattie, both wood boats.
The hydro just floats beside me and holds my beer when I'm in the water wink
I remember a conversation on here last year about replica model engines, there is some cool stuff out there.

FASTERDAMITT
05-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Doughouse, you ole desert rat! :cool: