PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jordy!!!!

Mandelon
02-22-2003, 09:56 PM
What are you doing home?....all you single guys should be out scoping the betties.....flashing the bling-bling, and picking up STD's.. wink

JetBoatRich
02-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Us married guys have no life and do this Mandelon? :( Is that what you are saying :confused:

Mandelon
02-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Yeah, pretty much. I already got my 2x times of the good stuff this week, no point in going to bed. :D Two kids....No baby sitter. Oh well.

JetBoatRich
02-22-2003, 10:17 PM
Just hanging out, the family went to bed. I will watch the fight anyways to get a laugh :confused:

Jordy
02-22-2003, 10:28 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm getting ready to go to bed, alone. I was out for a while, but not much was happening and nobody wanted to play with me. Oh well, guess I'm just getting old and boring. But I am stockpiling mojo power for when lake season kicks in. wink :D

Mandelon
02-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Maybe this will help?????
http://ak1.aka.eonline.com/7/1480/1218/0001/www.eonline.com/Features/Features/Poll2001/Undressed/Images/spears2.jpg
http://secure1.netbilling.com/merc_images/brook/68/5405_big.jpg
http://secure1.netbilling.com/merc_images/brook/68/7881_big.jpg
[ February 22, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

Jordy
02-22-2003, 10:53 PM
She just got done cleaning my house and left... wink :D

JetBoatRich
02-22-2003, 11:08 PM
House cleaners you say, they don't look like that out here :rolleyes:

Mandelon
02-22-2003, 11:37 PM
Seriously, JP I have a question for you, I am looking for a Baja bug for our family's desert trips. I need a street legal vehicle that can carry 4, We like to explore Borrego.
I wanted a Manx for a while, but winter trips can get F-ing cold. Jeeps are heavy and expensive, Samauri's are just....well, shitty. So that leaves me with a Baja.
Can I get one with enough power to make it run in the dunes???? What size motor? 1835?

Jordy
02-22-2003, 11:43 PM
Mandelon:
Can I get one with enough power to make it run in the dunes???? What size motor? 1835? I've seen them out there, but never in the big bowls. Too much weight. 1835 makes a nice turbo, so does a 1915. The big problem with the baja is the weight with the short wheel base when it comes to running through the dunes, combined with the lack of suspension. By the time you get everything set up and modified on a baja you may as well have bought a rail or pull your boat with a civic. They've had some killer Manx cars in Sand Sports that were tubed out instead of panned. I'd just keep my eyes open for something with a windshield, top and side panels and dress warm.

Mandelon
02-23-2003, 12:36 AM
I've got whiny kids and a wife who lets me know if she's uncomfortable...if you know what I mean??? I guess the dunes is just a different animal......With a boat, I'd have trouble justifying a sand only toy too. wink

Zuumer
02-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Mandelon:
Seriously, JP I have a question for you, I am looking for a Baja bug for our family's desert trips. Got a friend here in Havasu with a bitchin' Manx. It's got all the right stuff. Street legal with disk brakes all around and new tires with billet rims. Paddle tires for the dunes. 2332 Fuel injected VW with a built bus tranny. Hauls a@s. If U'r interested I got a spec sheet and photos.
BTW... Where U at in SD? He just moved out here from El Cajon in September and I moved here from the Clairemont/Mission Bay area :)

Mandelon
02-23-2003, 07:38 AM
I used to live in west Squaremont, off Moraga, but we went uptown and now live in UC. Schools are better..... bigger mortgage was a better investment than private school prices!
I'd still like a Manx, but family all says they want windows and doors.. frown

JetBoatRich
02-23-2003, 08:43 AM
Mandelon just buy what you want and tell the to get used to it :D

Zuumer
02-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Mandelon:
I used to live in west Squaremont, off Moraga, but we went uptown and now live in UC. Schools are better..... bigger mortgage was a better investment than private school prices!
I'd still like a Manx, but family all says they want windows and doors.. :( OK that's Kool. Gotta keep the family happy :cool: :cool:
I wuz in those condo's on Clairmont Dr. right by the 5 at the Visitor Information Center and used to ski Mission Bay all the time.

Mandelon
02-23-2003, 03:58 PM
I know those. The Super market across the street is now a thrift store. :( And JR's California Cafe closed too. frown

LUVNLIFE
02-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Hey Jordon it seems you now something about sand. We wanted to start checking out Glamis and picked up An 81 CJ with a 350 Chevy. The price was right,free. It just needs cosmetics and paddles. Thing we just wanted something cheap to go check it out and see if it's what we want to do. Think that will work in the sand or am I out of line.

Jordy
02-23-2003, 04:43 PM
The jeeps get around out there. They kind of tend to stay on the flatter stuff and the smaller bowls and follow the well beaten paths around Glamis. The big bowls are kind of hard to run if you don't have the power and the speed to carry you around. I'd talk to some of the guys on Glamis Dunes Web Page (http://www.glamisdunes.com) in the forum as it seems that there are quite a few jeep guys on there and they should be able to give you some pointers.
Hey Rich, I stopped by my buddy's house and all they have left are two 80's which I think would be a bit big for a 6 year old, at least for a couple years. They sold the 65 some time back. I tried. :D

JetBoatRich
02-23-2003, 06:30 PM
My daughter could use the 80, is it for sale?

Jordy
02-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Yeah, they have two of them for sale. I didn't get details as I was thinking of something smaller for your son. I'll get some details. I do know they're only a couple years old. Other than that, I'll find out.

JetBoatRich
02-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Thanks Jordy, she wants one to. Told I would check it out, depends on grades

Jordy
02-23-2003, 07:16 PM
I'll see what I can find out tomorrow. Really nice bikes with the sticker kits on them. KX80's with pipes so they have some run to them as well. I think at least one of them had hubs and black Excel wheels put on it, possibly both.

JetBoatRich
02-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Sounds good, I appreciate the help.

KrazyKa
02-23-2003, 09:55 PM
LUVNLIFE - I have a 6 banger Wrangler and do the dunes no problem. Myself and some friends all drive "cars" in the dunes without much incident. You won't be screaming straight up any large dunes (ala a rail/bike), but it's still a blast. We stray HEAVILY from the beaten path. Definitely a heavy learning curve though to the style of driving. You'll have to throw out your "Offroading-101" manual COMPLETELY. Also go with some friends. If you don't have anyone to go with, PM me - we're doing at least one more trip before end of season.