PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on Gaffrig gauges?

Outnumbered
09-08-2003, 10:30 PM
My gauges are toast and I need to install a full new set this winter. I may as well go with the best and do a full set of Gaffrigs. Any suggestions on where to hook some up for a good deal? Rex maybe?
Thanks,
OL

Rexone
09-09-2003, 03:06 AM
OL we don't stock Gaffrig but have all the new Auto Meter Pro Comp Marine in 2" and 2 5/8", White, Carbon Fiber, and Ultra Lite (silver). 3 3/8 tachs, monster tachs, same with GPS's. Just call or email if you need more info. I have over 45K worth of AutoMeter Marine on the shelf so chances are we'll have what you need.

Outnumbered
09-09-2003, 08:52 AM
How do they compare to Gaffrig in quality and price? The tricky part for me is my boat has a King Cobra drive. Can you get a trim gauge for this dinosaur?
Thanks Rex,
OL

Rexone
09-09-2003, 03:12 PM
OL,
Price will be comparable or a little less comparing to similar Gaffrig models. Quality... Auto Meter makes the majority of Gaffrig's gauges private label for him so it is equal. On the King Cobra trim gauge my guess is that we can spec order it from AutoMeter as we've done it in other styles in the past. It's just a different calibration than Merc I believe. Let me know exactly what you need and I'll research it all out for you.
On pricing, you'll find the white ProComp Marine online now. The pricing on the Ultra Lite silver is identical. The pricing on the Carbon Fiber is about $3-$5 higher per gauge because of the cost of the carbon fiber dials.
:)

Outnumbered
09-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks Rex. We are doing our last trip in October and then I will be pulling the dash apart. I will try to get a list together for you in October. I am not too sure of the sizes.
Thanks again,
OL