Auburn vs USC.
Huge game my brothers. You two have bragging rights until then. :D

SCUBA STEVE
08-07-2003, 07:15 AM
Huge game my ass. Thats going to be a warm up game for USC. LOL :D

Coach
08-07-2003, 07:18 AM
SC SC SC !!!!!
And article in the paper today has renamed them Running Back U to Defense U. The D is going to be sick and with the best D-line in the nation.

THOR
08-07-2003, 07:34 AM
Coach:
SC SC SC !!!!!
And article in the paper today has renamed them Running Back U to Defense U. The D is going to be sick and with the best D-line in the nation. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
not another SC fan. :(
D line does not put points on the board.
Remember the running back for AU last year that played 15 minutes and ran for over 100 yards? He is back. wink LMAO

THOR
08-07-2003, 07:34 AM
[ August 07, 2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: THOR ]

Coach
08-07-2003, 07:40 AM
If the other team can't score they can't win. The moto of all defense. Watch out, Hershel Dennis is going to bust out this year running. The recieving core of SC is unreal. Any one of the 5 QB SC has will look good with the recievers they have.

SCUBA STEVE
08-07-2003, 07:59 AM
thor looks like you started something up here. I was just going to wait until the game was over with for ANOTHER YEAR OF BRAGGING RIGHTS

TrojanDan
08-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Thor,
My bro, El Chingon has been in Havasu all week so I'll step up and talk some crap for him :D . Auburn Tigresses? The game only looks good on paper just because of their (AU's) ranking. After SC hands the Tigresses their asses to them on opening day, they'll probably be ranked in the 20's where they belong. :cool: Should be a good match up between SC's RB's and AU's LB's. God help AU in the secondary since I don't think they can defend SC's WR's (just hope we got a QB that can get them the ball)!
My ass will be planted at Moose's in Maui that weekend watching every damn play.
Are you going out to LHC this weekend?
-TD

burbanite
08-07-2003, 08:31 AM
THOR:
The offense is there to run up the score.
Defense wins the game.... wink

summerlove
08-07-2003, 08:39 AM
As a alumni of Tailback "U", all I can say is Go SC and Fight On! Oh, yea, and what's still up with that "powder blue"?

TrojanDan
08-07-2003, 08:51 AM
burbanite:
THOR:
The offense is there to run up the score.
Defense wins the game.... wink Sorry Burb.,
Offense wins games, Defense wins Championships!
Didn't they teach you that in HS football? :D
[ August 07, 2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: TrojanDan ]

Gman
08-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Fighting Irish!!!!!
Go Notre Dame. :D

fear the turtle
08-07-2003, 09:24 AM
As a fan of football in the South, I'll take up the Auburn cry here. Although an ACC fan by heart, there is nothing in the world like a SEC football game at night.
Athletically the teams are pretty even. But home field is worth 3 pts(maybe higher here). And all this talk of a USC passing game can go out the window. It's the first game of the year, they will struggle no matter what. It normally takes until the 3rd game for an offense to take off, especially with new QB, TB, WR. Auburn will establish the run with an experienced offense(2nd year starters at all key positions) and returns a very stout defense, tops in the SEC. Whereas every year it's the same old broken record from USC, "this is the year they'll put it together" great D blah, blah, blah, wink another great Wide out, Heisman QB and RB to carry the team.
With a returning Palmer, Farkas and Kelly you were able to beat a young inexperienced Auburn by 7 at home last year. This team grew up alot last year and had a devastating defense by years end, you USC boys are in trouble, this could get ugly and turn into a brutal ground beating. :)

THOR
08-07-2003, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately, I have nothing to say since we lost. But, I do like this matchup and wish it could continue for a few years to come. My other USC buddies could not believe the traditions of southern football when AU rolled to town last summer. Just wait until the USC youngsters get a taste of the bus getting stopped on the way to the game because fans are blocking it.

THOR
08-07-2003, 09:27 AM
fear the turtle:
As a fan of football in the South, I'll take up the Auburn cry here. Although an ACC fan by heart, there is nothing in the world like a SEC football game at night.
Athletically the teams are pretty even. But home field is worth 3 pts(maybe higher here). And all this talk of a USC passing game can go out the window. It's the first game of the year, they will struggle no matter what. It normally takes until the 3rd game for an offense to take off, especially with new QB, TB, WR. Auburn will establish the run with an experienced offense(2nd year starters at all key positions) and returns a very stout defense, tops in the SEC. Whereas every year it's the same old broken record from USC, "this is the year they'll put it together" great D blah, blah, blah, wink another great Wide out, Heisman QB and RB to carry the team.
With a returning Palmer, Farkas and Kelly you were able to beat a young inexperienced Auburn by 7 at home last year. This team grew up alot last year and had a devastating defense by years end, you USC boys are in trouble, this could get ugly and turn into a brutal ground beating. :) I give fear the turtle a hearty "WAR EAGLE"

THOR
08-07-2003, 09:28 AM
USC boys will never see anything like this
http://www.stadiumpanoramics.com/images/college/auburn_end_zone.jpg

SCUBA STEVE
08-07-2003, 09:45 AM
THOR:
USC boys will never see anything like this
http://www.stadiumpanoramics.com/images/college/auburn_end_zone.jpg Yeah they have. USC was at the orange bowl early this year. lol :D

burbanite
08-07-2003, 10:49 AM
TrojanDan:
Sorry Burb.,
Offense wins games, Defense wins Championships!
Didn't they teach you that in HS football? :D Never played "football", I was a rugby player.
I help coach "football" at our local High School, state champions a couple of times in the last few years. :cool:
My girlfriend is ex USC so I have to support them or there will be trouble.... wink

THOR
08-07-2003, 06:57 PM
You dont have to be forced into being a fan.

FRANK THE TANK
08-07-2003, 07:10 PM
I agree with Trojan Dan......Defense wins championships! I can't wait for the season to start! :D

Kilrtoy
08-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Huge game my ass. Thats going to be a warm up game for USC. LOL
Scuba is right it will be a warm up ass kicking. just to get them ready for when UCLA the only college team in town kicks their ASS...

twistedpair
08-07-2003, 08:24 PM
GO COOOOUUUGGGSSSSS!!!!! :D
Hey, gimme a break, it's probably the only time I'll get to be a happy WSU fan this year. :rolleyes:

mbrown2
08-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Let's go Trojan's... :)

THOR
08-08-2003, 05:26 AM
Kilrtoy:
Huge game my ass. Thats going to be a warm up game for USC. LOL
Scuba is right it will be a warm up ass kicking. just to get them ready for when UCLA the only college team in town kicks their ASS... That's it.
Bet for SS and Kilrtoy: If AU wins you two owe me beers at Havasu next time we meet up. If USC wins I owe you. Fair?
I am sure El Chingon and Trojan Dan want in on this too.

Sand Dawg
08-08-2003, 05:53 AM
I will have to second the "Go Cougs"...WSU....

THOR
08-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Sand Dawg:
I will have to second the "Go Cougs"...WSU.... Who? :D

twistedpair
08-08-2003, 11:02 AM
It's a PAC-10 thing......you wouldn't understand! :D wink

blownmoney
08-08-2003, 11:29 AM
wow heard sporting news released there top 25 today auburn #1 usc #6 gunna be a hella of a game!!!...

THOR
08-08-2003, 11:51 AM
Oh no. :D :D :D :D wink :p
1. Auburn
Big-play ability: A-
Speed: A
Toughness: B+
Experience: A-
Momentum: B+
Scout's view: To beat this defense, you can't get behind on first down. I think they have the best group of linebackers in the league. On offense, they have a bunch of backs and good, young receivers. QB Jason Campbell is the key. The more comfortable he gets, the more dangerous they'll be.
2. Ohio State
Big-play ability: B+
Speed: B
Toughness: A
Experience: A-
Momentum: A
Scout's view: (On defense) they're quick and strong and get off the ball in a hurry. But they'll miss LB Matt Wilhelm and Ss Mike Doss and Donnie Nickey. QB Craig Krenzel is a winner. I think they'll open it up a little bit this year and give him a chance to make plays.
3. Oklahoma
Big-play ability: B
Speed: A-
Experience: A
Momentum: B
Scout's view: I don't think Jason White will be the quarterback. Brent Rawls has plenty of talent. Who will replace RB Quentin Griffin? The receivers are above average, but they're not in Texas' class.
DT Tommie Harris is every bit as good as people say. Derrick Strait is probably the best corner in the league.
4. Michigan
Speed: C+
Toughness: A-
Experience: B+
Momentum: B+
Scout's view: QB John Navarre is, at times, a good player. He has ability, size and a good arm. I like their offensive line, and I'm surprised it wasn't better last year. RB Chris Perry has ability, but the question is whether he can do it down after down. They'll miss LB Victor Hobson.
5. Miami
Speed: A
Toughness: B
Experience: C+
Momentum: B-
Scout's view: Their offensive schemes are so good that those receivers can get open and make things easy for the quarterback. Their defense is amazing, too. S Maurice Sikes is a stud, and LB Jonathan Vilma can chase down just about any ballcarrier. Up front, T Vince Wilfork is huge and fast.
6. Southern Cal
Big-play ability: B+
Speed: A-
Experience: C+
Momentum: A-
Scout's view: No matter who plays quarterback, he won't play as well as Carson Palmer did last season. Mike Williams might have been the best receiver I saw all last year. Keary Colbert does all the little things to help you win. They'll miss S Troy Polamalu because everything was built around him.

Stupid Fast
08-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Ohio State after Auburn jawdrop .
Actually If Clarret doesn't get his shit together #2 would be ok.
LETS GO BUKEYES, LETS GO
HANG ON SLOOPPY HANG ON
[ August 08, 2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Stupid Fast ]

fear the turtle
08-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Stupid Fast:
Ohio State after Auburn jawdrop .
Actually If Clarret doesn't get his shit together #2 would be ok.
LETS GO BUKEYES, LETS GO
HANG ON SLOOPPY HANG ON I think if the NCAA had a playoff OSU would be the favorite. But as it is, most experts believe the schedule is to tough with road games so they'll trip up somewhere. 1 loss= No Championship.
Whereas Michigan, really isn't a top 10 team, but most feel because they get all the big games(Notre Dame and OSU) at home they'll win the Big 10 and possible go undefeated. Plus they don't have to play Penn State or Wisconsin in Big 10 play this year. If any of those scenario's where different there's not a writer in the world that would put them in the top 10.

SCUBA STEVE
08-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Your on THOR, but I dont want silver "shitty" bullets. A 6er of Heinikens will do. Cold too! :D

THOR
08-08-2003, 12:38 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
Your on THOR, but I dont want silver "shitty" bullets. A 6er of Heinikens will do. Cold too! :D Dude,
I am a real beer drinker. No silver bullets here brother.
:D

Kilrtoy
08-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Real beer drinkers drink the water we crave, The colorado water,
Silver or Gold, COORS ALL THE WAY

SCUBA STEVE
08-08-2003, 09:56 PM
THOR:
SCUBA STEVE:
Your on THOR, but I dont want silver "shitty" bullets. A 6er of Heinikens will do. Cold too! :D Dude,
I am a real beer drinker. No silver bullets here brother.
:D I guess Auburn fans arent that bad then. :rolleyes:
[ August 08, 2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

SCUBA STEVE
08-31-2003, 05:54 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
Your on THOR, but I dont want silver "shitty" bullets. A 6er of Heinikens will do. Cold too! :D THOR DO YOU HAVE MY 6ER READY? LOL :D