PDA

View Full Version : another parker classic

boatnam2
04-27-2003, 11:21 AM
crusied down to the river this weekend to tie up loose ends on our trailer and got to see a classic.i went out with my buddie for a little while saturday on his pontoon boat,but his wife and him were fighting so i told him to drop me off.were crusing along from roadrunner back to the damm and his wifes freind and her freind just bought seadoo's are following us.the one chick is riding about 4 feet from the side of the boat so we stop and call her over, she drives up runs into the side of the boat my buddie yells at her to be careful she says ok gases it the back of the seadoo hits the boat again and were back underway.look over again and there she is 4 feet from the boat except this time she she speeds up gets in front of the boat and starts doing s turns.i tell my buddie what in the **** is her problem she does this all the way back and also goes into a little cove that is a couple of inches deep and is doing donuts i could belive it.so we finally get back by my buddies dock its right next to the big rock pile people that havent been to parker wont understand but there is this giant rock pile that sticks up out of the water and the current is extremely fast around it.its marked off by giant white buoys.so just before my buddie drops me off i look over and this boat is just about ready to go on the pile but for some reason its not.i look over and there innertube is wrapped around the bouy.it takes about 30 seconds for the rope to pull the back of the boat down and it sinks 4 or 5 guys jump out.now pictire this 5 guys boat interior gas tanks life jackets ice chest everything that floats in the water then i look over and my buddies freinds with the seadoos are right in the middle of it both fall off one seadoo is upside down the guys that just sank are trying to turn it over shit is everywhere all kinds of boats trying to help.man you had to be there it was classic.

little rowe boat
04-27-2003, 11:53 AM
JUST ANOTHER WONDERFUL AND EXCITING DAY AT THE RIVER. argue

Jrocket
04-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Boatnam......Just how long did it take for you to stop laughing? :D I bet your still giggling right now just thinking about it.... :p

Mandelon
04-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Where's the videocamera when you need it??? They can't write comedy as good as real life.. :D :D

mbrown2
04-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Classic...those chicks need labotomy's (sp??)...f&%k that was funny...

boatnam2
04-27-2003, 02:13 PM
it was sad but funny as hell. there was a kid basically wake boarding around the rock pile when we left for the boat ride and i was telling my buddie at that time what in the f--k are people thinking about when they do stupid shit like that.i dont know maybe its just me but if i was towing my kid i might ask myself hmm the current here is a little harsh if junior does fall he will be stuck on the rock pile or the boat my get stuck on the rock pile or the little area boats have to veer through to miss the rock pile gets a little hairy sometimes because of traffic maybe i will act like i know what the f--k im doing go down river 500 yards and not have any of this to worry about.it is the one time i wish i was a boat cop i would go up and kick the guy in the nuts for being dumb.

boatnam2
04-27-2003, 02:16 PM
by the way where were you 2 this weekend

Jrocket
04-27-2003, 04:31 PM
I sat home and washed the boat and all our cars and toys!!!It was just like work,it sucked.. :p
[ April 27, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Jrocket ]

Tom Brown
04-27-2003, 04:43 PM
That's some crazy shit. With people like that, I'm surprised you guys don't have the odd boating accident down there.
[ April 27, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

Boatcop
04-27-2003, 05:35 PM
The guy wrapped around the bouy ran out of gas while towing his kid on the innertube.
There was another accident just a little while later at Big Bend. Chick on a PWC turns in front of a 28'Cat. Cat was scratched, Chick went to hospital for stitches.
So far we've had 3 accidents, not including the idiot at Rock Island. All 3 have involved PWCs.
We've also pulled in about 5 OUIs. The lowest BAC was around .12%. The highest .273%. Maybe if the word gets out early, the summer won't be so bad.

Jrocket
04-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Sounds as if an action packed summer is coming!!! :D

mbrown2
04-27-2003, 07:23 PM
boatnam2:
by the way where were you 2 this weekend Sat home this weekend...been up the last two weeks, so I thought we would punish ourselves... :) Plus, the boat is at Savage.

SCUBA STEVE
04-28-2003, 02:43 PM
I was ther this weekend and missed all of that action. did get to see a wet t-shirt contest at the roadrunner though. whats with all the kids at the roadrunner? especially watching the wet t-shirt contest? frown

Ziggy
04-28-2003, 03:19 PM
So did the friend on the new Seadoo learn any lessons or what??? frown

FASTERDAMITT
04-28-2003, 04:16 PM
Was there, don't know how I missed the rock pile event. Ran out of gas!!! eek! While pulling your kid!!! idea

boatnam2
04-28-2003, 04:45 PM
fd did you have your ao out there? if so i seen you a few times.when boatcop said that there was a seadoo deal i thought to myself it was probaly her but i called today and it was not.

77charger
04-28-2003, 05:00 PM
now i know why they teach that in boating safety never tie rope to the back of your boat esp in current.

voodooCanoe
04-29-2003, 06:50 AM
Not to change the subject, but why the hell are pwc's so easy to insure? Any dumb ass can buy one and insure it then go out and run into every one. I have had a flat for years and have never had a single claim, now I'm being dropped because the hull is too old. What the F--- are people thinking.

Starloans
04-29-2003, 11:16 AM
Wow, I haven't seen any PWC threads in a while. I'm sure it's coming though. Just like summer's coming. I used to have one. They are fun.
I was NOT the guy driving close or in front of your boat. Nor was the guy cutting you off.
On May 12th 2001 I was on my PWC at Taylor lake north of Lake Martinez. I was with my GF in a large lake with a canoer and an old couple fishing. A drunk on his buddies PWC entered the lake and T-boned me. I had a broken hip, totaled PWC. He bumped his head and broke some moulding on his buddies PWC. 66K in medical bills. I maxed both their insurance policies. No more PWCs for me. I bought a boat and still I'm a nervous wreck around any PWC.
:mad:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/438Dave1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/438jetski1.jpg

Ziggy
04-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Untrained boaters will do things the wrong way, over and over.
PWC's are a nuisance when used improperly. I rode a stand up for years and respected the boaters knowing damn well what I created....but the surfers didn't like me too much when I chopped up their curls :D ...but didn't stay to annoy them that long, always on the move down the coast longing for that perfect jump. eek! :D