PDA

View Full Version : Jackass Hall of Fame...

HighRoller
09-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Okay,I'm bored so I thought I'd solicit some good river stories about genuine"Jackasses"on the water.I'll even start with my favorite in the last two years.
Parker-Some poor sap with an eggbeater(We'll call him Jackass#1)ties up to another guy's buoy and heads over to the bar.The guy whose buoy it was(Jackass#2)is so pissed he untiess J#1's rig and lets it float!!Unfortunately J#2 soon realizes J#1's boat is now careening unpiloted towards HIS boat which is beached stern out downriver.About this time J#1 comes tearing ass into the water and swims to his boat,leaping into the seat and firing up the eggbeater.He then rams it into gear and is ready to go....oops he forgot the engine is in the"Trailer"position so now he's at the wheel of a cuisinart which is no more than 5 seconds away from doing a little GelCoat removal on J#2's deck!J#2 is now making death threats to J#1 while J#1 is lowering the eggbeater down WHILE IT'S STILL AT FULL THROTTLE!!!As soon as the prop hits the water J#1 is launched bow up like a motorcycle doing a gnarly wheelie and is holding on like a BullRider.(I only gave him a 78 because he didn't spur his mount and his left hand was a bit low)Needless to say a disaster,wrecked boats and a possible homicide were narrowly averted...although I had to fight hard to keep RoadRaper from coming out of my nose I was laughing so hard.....Okay,it's all your turn now,I'm gonna crack a Silver and wait for the hilarity to roll in!!!

aharonr34
09-19-2002, 02:25 PM
nice!!! just shows how tuff these guys are with "big" boats... Surew theyve got the cash but do they have the experience or common sence. OOOh well there has always gotta be those guys to keep us all on our toes THANKS

rivercrazy
09-19-2002, 02:50 PM
Well I got my own "Jackass" story all my own.
Back when I was 16 we were out on Silverwood skiing behind my buddies 19' Infinity jet boat. We ended up sucking the rope and thrashed a perfectly good ski rope. To save the day we tied a bunch of anchor line together with a huge knot in the middle. I pulled my buddy skiing and he said hit it from way back there! (too long of a rope). I nailed it and didn't see him for a while. The rope stretched big time and when it finally was at the end of elasticity, it just about pulled his arms out. Then he was basically taking a rubber band ride with that rope with a pronounced bungie cord effect. In between that the rope was whipping up and down with the knot slamming the water spraying water all over the place. Well, he finally fell and when we circled around to get him, the rope was so long the boat almost sucked the rope again. While a passenger was pulling in the rope, the guy is out there screaming come and get me. He was cramped up from his toe to neck! LMAO. Boy have I learned a lot since then! :D :D :D

stucknohio
09-19-2002, 02:54 PM
people with no experience run all size of boats, including "small" ones.

miller19j
09-19-2002, 03:27 PM
I was at the lake last weekend pulling my boat out at the launch ramp and a guy in a pickup backs in next to me to pick up his lake lice. He did not have a trailer just the truck so I decided to watch him. He backed that truck into the water until his bed had enough water in it for his buddy to drive the wave runner in. He tried to open his door to help his buddy but could not because of the water resistance. After he pulled out he opened his door drained a couple hundred gallons of water out of the cab closed the tailgate and drove off like nothing happened. My wife and I just looked at each other in astonishment.

mbrown2
09-19-2002, 04:04 PM
RiverDave:
Where are there bouies next to RoadRunner?
RDThere are two bouies next to the lauchramp right next to Roadrunner...never knew why they were there, but during the summer, it was packed, and the bouncers said we could tie up to them no problem...they were always open, now more people are finding out about them...

shockwaveharry
09-19-2002, 04:26 PM
stucknohio:
people with no experience run all size of boats, including "small" ones.True, but the show is allways better when the "Big Boys" screw up! wink

HighRoller
09-19-2002, 05:52 PM
Parker story#2....
We're(once again)chillin at the RR when up idles this guy in his obviously brand new 29 foot Fountain Fever.He and his crew are all puffed up and strutting off the boat like a bunch of peacocks,I guess when you spend 200K on a boat you can do that right?Anyways,his boys attach the stern line,then...well that was about it for the tying off part.They were all so busy stylin and profilin that nobody took notice that THE BOW WASN'T TIED OFF!!I kindly pointed out to Mr.Boatstud that his rig was about to leave without him so he goes and does his Carl Lewis imitation from the dock into the boat.It was quite impressive actually.So he fires this beast up,slams er into gear as he's almost swung all the way around into the next boat and gasses on it.Oops,forgot the stern line was still there.BANG!!!The cleat came half way off and the rope snapped,scared the S#$T out of the guy and I was once again near hyperventilating from laughter.This guy had obviously never owned a boat before,and neither had anyone on his crew.That's what I call"High Rent River Rookies"

shockwaveharry
09-19-2002, 06:26 PM
See! that story wouldn't have been half as funny if it was about a 16' bayliner! :p

Jrocket
09-19-2002, 07:28 PM
Alright Im gonna throw myself in this game.Might not be as funny as the rest,but it was kinda embarrassing.My friends and I were all down at Parker for a weekend trip.We were at the ramp launching our boats(4 or 5 boats),and I was the first to go in the water.It was actually a crowded ramp that day too.I have a 20' tunnel hull and a crappy trailer.I jump in the boat and have somebody back me down to the water,get the boat in enough and fire it up.No problems.I tell him to back up kinda fast and stop,then Ill back on out.So he does,I throw it in reverse and back out into the current alittle.He pulls out and parks the truck.Im sitting in my boat which has very little free board and look out in front of me to see some long strips of wood covered in black carpet floating past me.I think to myself,some idiot just lost his trailer bunks.Some poor sum bitch is gonna be hurt'n.I start to laugh pretty hard,and as Im laughing so hard I turn to tell my buddies on the dock what Im seeing,their rolling laughing at the guy in the tunnel boat with very low free board and no trailer bunks left on his crappy trailer.I could of crawled under the bow and died....But I couldnt fit!

HighRoller
09-19-2002, 07:50 PM
Okay,I have one of my own stupidity too.My boat came with a junk carb that wouldn't run worth a damn.So I went to replace the power valve with one I got from a buddy,and didn't think about testing it first.So I R&R'd the power valve with the boat in the water and gave it a quick start.Fired right up so I shut it off and stowed my tools.10 minutes later I push off from the dock and turn the key.Nothing.WTF?So after some deliberation my buddy hops in and sits on the gunnel back by the engine while I crank it.WHOOSH,he's yelling"HOLY S$%T!!!STOP as a column of flame belches out of the gap between the exhaust manifold and head.So after we get composed we decide to try it again.DUH...WHOOOSH,now he's reaching for the extinguisher and douses the engine with powder.He's making jokes about a"White Xmas"while I'm fuming.Turns out the power valve was puking enormous amounts of raw gas into the cylinders and when the piston compressed the gas and the spark plug lit it the result was like a flame thrower!!!It burned a hole in the exh gaskets and when we tore off the intake to replace it we had to sop up about half gallon of raw gas out of the intake ports.DAMN!!Hella dangerous but funny.

09-19-2002, 07:57 PM
shockwaveharry:
See! that story wouldn't have been half as funny if it was about a 16' bayliner! :p You kinda expect that from the Bayliner crowd but when Mr. Bigbux does that with his 200K boat and his enteirage[sp] knows no better either...well that is just the icing on the cake. AHHHH...the price we pay to look Koooool. :D

sandblasted
09-19-2002, 09:00 PM
I think it was last year or the year before at Buena Vista...A guy is backing a truck down the ramp with 2 jetskis in it. This truck had one of those plastic bed protectors in it..for whatever reason he's going a little too fast and decides to hit the brakes...One jetski slides right out and lands on the pavement. His buddy who is walking next to the truck starts yelling "what the hell are you doing' but he doesn't realize the other jetski is slowly rollin off the back as well...This one lands standing up with the nozzle on the pavement and the nose of the ski still resting on the bed...Both guys walk to the back of the truck and they both got that "what the f**k just happened " look on their faces...Too funny..

Mike Oxbig
09-19-2002, 09:13 PM
High Roller has some cool ass stories!!!!!

HighRoller
09-19-2002, 09:29 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet!!!This one time at band camp.......

GlastronGuy
09-19-2002, 09:46 PM
Here, hold my beer and watch this..........

kcm21
09-19-2002, 10:04 PM
I got one of my own, we are in Parker for Memorial day weekend las t year in my buddies brand new 25 advantage and weekend went great no injuries boat was perfect, bla bla bla and Monday rolls around and we are gonna pull the boat out of the water at the public ramp on the side of the road. I am waiting on some goof bag with 2 pwc's and he takes 10 minutes at least to get them on the trailer. So me being impatient and all, speed around to do my loop and drop the trailer in fast and look like I know what the hell i am doing, and my dumba$$ didn't swing wide enough around this guys brick fence along the road and I clip the wheel well of my friends brand new trailer and dent the hell out of the thing......the worst part was these 2 blondes were in the boat that we were trying to impress all weekend long when I told my friend. the price you pay for trying to act like you have done this a million times!
-kev-

RiverDave2
09-19-2002, 10:13 PM
~!
[ September 19, 2002, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: RiverDave2 ]

beyondhelpin
09-19-2002, 11:47 PM
Heres one from my own files. I got my first boat when I was 18, the summer I graduated from high school. It was 16' of pure beauty which I towed behind my almost new Firebird Formula.(I paid for it all myself and damn proud of it. Think peacock!) Me and a buddy roll up to the lake I hop in the boat and he backs me in. Start her up and back off the trailer. Buddy parks the car as I am stowing gear. All the sudden in feel my feet getting wet. Being as sharp as I am I quickly realize that is not supposed to happen. I left the plug out! Upon futher observation I notice the large volume of water in the boat. Oh shit panic is starting to take over!!!!!! I holler at my friend to run and get the trailer and back it in. Pretty soon he runs back and tell me the car wont start. So I decide to take off and drain the boat by running across the lake. I am pointing towards shore so I cut the wheel and hammer the throttle. Bad move! With as much water was in the boat and wheel turned 90 degrees when I hit the throttle it ripped the the threaded end of the steering cable out of the turnbuckle. Again oh shit!!! Water running in boat car wont start and now no steering!!!! So I put the boat in gear give it a little gas and go back and hug the 135 to point the boat out to the middle of the lake. Staighten out the motor and hit the throttle. Jump back to the motor and steer by hand (after a long slow jump to plane) out across the lake to drain the boat. Jump out put the plug in and idled back to dock to fix the steering. Good to go!!! Pop the top on a cold one and go rip up some water!!! I have more idiot stories but that was my first. No more stories right now so I can protect the rights of the retarded! ME!!
[ September 20, 2002, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: beyondhelpin ]

24RODjr
09-20-2002, 12:01 AM
And I thought Pop and I were the only ones!!!
HAhAHAHHA

Infomaniac
09-20-2002, 08:29 AM
beyondhelpin:
Heres one from my own files. I got my first boat when I was 18, the summer I graduated from high school. It was 16' of pure beauty which I towed behind my almost new Firebird Formula.(I paid for it all myself and damn proud of it. Think peacock!) Me and a buddy roll up to the lake I hop in the boat and he backs me in. Start her up and back off the trailer. Buddy parks the car as I am stowing gear. All the sudden in feel my feet getting wet. Being as sharp as I am I quickly realize that is not supposed to happen. I left the plug out! Upon futher observation I notice the large volume of water in the boat. Oh shit panic is starting to take over!!!!!! I holler at my friend to run and get the trailer and back it in. Pretty soon he runs back and tell me the car wont start. So I decide to take off and drain the boat by running across the lake. I am pointing towards shore so I cut the wheel and hammer the throttle. Bad move! With as much water was in the boat and wheel turned 90 degrees when I hit the throttle it ripped the the threaded end of the steering cable out of the turnbuckle. Again oh shit!!! Water running in boat car wont start and now no steering!!!! So I put the boat in gear give it a little gas and go back and hug the 135 to point the boat out to the middle of the lake. Staighten out the motor and hit the throttle. Jump back to the motor and steer by hand (after a long slow jump to plane) out across the lake to drain the boat. Jump out put the plug in and idled back to dock to fix the steering. Good to go!!! Pop the top on a cold one and go rip up some water!!! I have more idiot stories but that was my first. No more stories right now so I can protect the rights of the retarded! ME!!Man, am I glad you do not fix airplanes for a living. :p :p :p :p

mbrown2
09-20-2002, 08:54 AM
beyondhelpin:
Heres one from my own files. I got my first boat when I was 18, the summer I graduated from high school. It was 16' of pure beauty which I towed behind my almost new Firebird Formula.(I paid for it all myself and damn proud of it. Think peacock!) Me and a buddy roll up to the lake I hop in the boat and he backs me in. Start her up and back off the trailer. Buddy parks the car as I am stowing gear. All the sudden in feel my feet getting wet. Being as sharp as I am I quickly realize that is not supposed to happen. I left the plug out! Upon futher observation I notice the large volume of water in the boat. Oh shit panic is starting to take over!!!!!! I holler at my friend to run and get the trailer and back it in. Pretty soon he runs back and tell me the car wont start. So I decide to take off and drain the boat by running across the lake. I am pointing towards shore so I cut the wheel and hammer the throttle. Bad move! With as much water was in the boat and wheel turned 90 degrees when I hit the throttle it ripped the the threaded end of the steering cable out of the turnbuckle. Again oh shit!!! Water running in boat car wont start and now no steering!!!! So I put the boat in gear give it a little gas and go back and hug the 135 to point the boat out to the middle of the lake. Staighten out the motor and hit the throttle. Jump back to the motor and steer by hand (after a long slow jump to plane) out across the lake to drain the boat. Jump out put the plug in and idled back to dock to fix the steering. Good to go!!! Pop the top on a cold one and go rip up some water!!! I have more idiot stories but that was my first. No more stories right now so I can protect the rights of the retarded! ME!!Being that you pulled that circus act from own files shows your humble, being that pulled it off without sinking is deserving of 5 starts...It must have looked great from the shore.

Captain Kirk
09-20-2002, 09:25 AM
Man, those stories are great.
I was sittin with the wife watching a bunch of boats lauch July 4th a couple of years back when this small 14' fishing boat (Row boat) with a 10 Hp OB came to lanch.
One dude gets in the boat, sits in back by the OB and yells, OK, back up and slam on the brakes to the tow vehicle driver. (the guy also had a very large cooler, that I'm sure was full of beer and ice, sittin' on the floor by his feet....and it was heavy...I saw them put it in the boat) When the back of the boat hit the water, (very steep launch ramp) the front end went straight up and, ya, right over backwards! All the fishing tackle and other crap went a flyin', and the dude ended up in the drink.
Man, I'm still laughing! Luckily, the dude didn't get hurt.

aharonr34
09-20-2002, 09:29 AM
Lake havasu...
this friend of mine thinks he is the master boater... well... we were doing good the first day and when we went to put the boat on the trailer. Looked at his truck tires and realized he had pizza cutters (stock skinny tires)
buddie, aka macguiver thought it was a good idea to bounce up and down on the bed of his truck while pulling the boat out of the water,
me being the only sober person there, (once again) told him i would pull boat out of water and him and drunk guy #2 would bounce up and down. NAH macguiver said #2 will get us out...
long story short #2 punched it (bad idea with people on the back) macguiver fell off landed on his back, the trailer rolled over him and he went to the hospuital with a broken back HAHA LMAO
leave it to the sober or... try to act cool and get JACKED!

boatnam2
09-20-2002, 09:57 AM
i think i told this one before but it was a classic.were at lake isabella fishing when all the sudden these three black guys in a flatbottom big motor ot pipes decide to put on a ski show.this is twenty years ago so put a picture of it in your head what it would look like.so the driver drops the skier off on the shore he is a profesional for sure big afro and this red white and blue derby cap,on two skis standing at the edge of the water.driver flips the boat and the skier yells out real loud HIT IT SKI CAT!the driver mashes the throttle one little problem theres still about 25ft of slack in the rope.it was like a dissapering act one minut e he's there the next only a pair of skis and a hat.my dad and i laughed so hard we almost pissed our pants.

beyondhelpin
09-20-2002, 09:47 PM
HIT IT SKI CAT! Now thats funny!!!!!

Unchained
09-21-2002, 08:57 AM
I met this guy while boating several years ago and he told me a story about how he was driving down the road towing his jet boat when he decided it was time to look for a cassette tape. While digging through the tape case he of course took his eyes off the road and when he looked up there were a line of cars stopped in front of him. He hit the rear car and the force of the impact ripped the boat off the trailer and it landed in the box of the pickup truck he was driving and half up on the cab totalling the truck and the boat. He was kind of a drifty dude who should have stuck to indoor sports and away from boats.
The next time I seen him he had another jet boat that looked like a pretty nice piece. While boating the first day he shut off a valve that he thought was the water to the headers, well it was the water to the engine. It overheated and squeaked.

Froggystyle
09-21-2002, 09:24 AM
Earlier this year, when going out to San Vincente to take the pictures for our Hot Boat spread, after cleaning the boat immaculately, waxing, polishing everything, vaccuuming etc... I get the boat on the lake a little early, and am sitting at the dock. Enter Fisherman Bob. He has a 14 ft. John boat that is worth less than my swimsteps. He barrels around and parks head to head on the docks in front of me. Unloads the pickup, gets his buddy into the boat, and while I am sitting there holding my boat decides to start his. Of course it won't start, so he is giving it gas, and tugging and tugging at that pull start when finally it lights off........ in gear. The boat lurches forward and in a desparate move to save my gelcoat I take one for the boat and get between them. No use. The aluminum-hulled fishing boat continued on it's chosen path and put a huge ding through my gel right on the bow of the boat, where the fishing boat came to rest.
I almost lost my mind, then the guy gave me a bad phone number and I have not been able to get a hold of him.
****er....

Jet Junk
09-21-2002, 09:46 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was at the lake, sitting in the boat, waiting for my buddy to back my truck in so I could load up. This older guy leaves what I guess was his son-in-law in his newer looking Crownline (standard craft of choice for most high-rollers where I boat at-LOL), while he backs the trailer in. The younger guy pulls on just fine, they strap the bow down and the older guy gets in the truck and starts to pull out. This is when the back of the boat starts violently hopping up and down. The old guy stops about halfway up the ramp and asks "what happened". Younger guy realizes his mistake of not running the tilt up. He yells to the old guy "forgot to tilt it up, but it didn't hurt anything". Nothing but the skeg on the drive and bent one of the prop blades straight back. The old man gets out to look for himself. I thought that guy was gonna get his ass beat right there on the ramp.

Jet Junk
09-21-2002, 09:56 AM
One more. This friend of mine told me about his uncle PWC that he borrowed last year. This guy is completely inept. He takes it out to the lake and puts it in. It won't start-dead battery. Some how he is bright enough to jump it. Puts it in and starts doing whatever it is you do on those things, I guess go irritate boaters, When he notices its lack of performance and how low it sits in the water. It the dies and won't start back. He gets a tow back to the first dock in the marina, a private dock. Ties it up to the dock and leaves. He takes the trailer back to his uncle and tells him his p.o.s. is still at the lake. His uncle recovers it without his help and discovers the plug was never put in it.

stix818
09-21-2002, 10:15 AM
I have a buddy of mine that has done some funny SH*T. We were at a beach we partied at in High School south of Bullhead city. A bunch of us were partying and my buddy has his stereo going out of his truck. After a few cold ones he decided that he was going to reach in the truck and fire her up to charge the old battery. Well he didn't realize that the truck was in gear. It fired up and went straight into the river about 15 yards or so. It was about the funniest thing I've ever seen. Same Jackass was at the river with his old lady south of Needles Marina. He was experiencing some difficulties with his seventy something outboard. Had the top off and was investigating the problem. He yelled at his old lady to turn her over and within a second his old lady looked up and saw that he had is finger clasped and blood was every where. Long story kind of short. He got his finger caught between the starter and the flywheel. Thing ran straight through his finger and now he has a stub.

Unchained
09-21-2002, 01:24 PM
This biker dude I knew years ago had this old harley with an open primary chain drive.
While driving down the road one day about 30 mph he decides it's time to fiddle with the clutch adjustment inside the open primary case. Well he got three of his fingers ran between the chain and the sprocket. IT KILLED THE MOTOR AND LOCKED UP THE REAR WHEEL. The bike skidded to a stop with his hand stuck between the chain and sprocket. He had to select a higher gear and actually push the bike backwards to get his hand out. Well he lost three fingers at the second knuckle. From then on all his biker buddies called him "Fingers"

DaveA
09-21-2002, 07:18 PM
HIT IT SKI CAT! Lawd, I love that one...!
While rebuilding our pier/dock system, I rented dry storage space for the family bowraider at the marina up the road. Now, they use the huge forklift to move boats in/out, etc. and rent pontoons and smaller o/b's to the general public.
We headed over there to p/u the boat one Saturday morning, and noticed a crowd of little kids and their parents all suited up in their natty little orange PFD's. They were on the dock, surrounded by coolers and pic-a-nic baskets...a small church group was renting a pontoon boat for the day.
Forklift Dude was maxxed out with people standing there waiting for their boat to get pulled and plopped into the lake, and of course, all the little kids were getting impatient, whining, the PFD's chafing their little necks (just wait til this afternoon, kid, when your neck is fried).
Finally comes the rental pontoon's turn to get pulled out and dropped in. If you've ever watched this process, the forklift has the vessel aimed out on the forks, motors up to the chocks at water's edge, and lowers them into the lake. Viola! You're boating.
With everything going on in fast motion already at 830am, Forklift Dude is trying to juggle three or four tasks from the seat of the beast, but finally has to just stop and go into the office and straighten some matter out. We're just sitting patiently in the car with the AC going, since we're about #5 in line at this point, and know he's going full bore. So he stops halfway up on the ramp with the nice brand new 28' rental pontoon swaying on the forks up in the air, snatches the handbrake, and heads for the office.
Out of the corner of my eye, I see the forklift start to move toward the water, and it takes a moment or two to realize that I didn't see Forklift Dude come back out of the office, and the forklife was UNMANNED. Coasting toward the dock, the brake didn't hold this 10 ton monster, so now the parents and kids (and me) are frozen as we watch this thing bear down on the dock area where they're all standing!
Thank goodness the steering was straight ahead, and, with everyone standing there in shock, we watch this thing, pontoon boat included, hop the chocks, and do a pirouette right into the lake! The pontoon's bow hit the water first and buried, and before it could pop back up to the surface, the forklift did a forward flip right on top of it. The forks hit the bottom, and the thing about did a pole vault out into the lake had they not folded. The whole mess crashed to the bottom in about 10 feet of water, splashing and hissing as the engine, which was at idle, and very hot, kinda went bang-bang-bang-bang-BANG! and got quiet.
Parents were all yelling/screaming that their kids coulda been hurt/killed; the kids were all yelling/screaming that they weren't gonna get their boat ride.
None of us did, for about 2 weeks....

Rickster
09-21-2002, 11:12 PM
Grapevine Lake,Texas, about 1964, third cove on the southside from the dam. The waterski club had a storage cabin & dock, great place to ski during the week. I'm doing about 45 on a turn and all of a sudden I just passed by 2 water mocasons going my way about 6' out...I let go and sat my butt down on the dock and OUT of the water! The other kid I was with said "you should have been here last year"....."there was a skier that saw some "fish" mating/swarming and tried to ski thru them and he fell into a nest of them water mocasons....he was dead before the boat could pick him up....had hundreds of bites all over him! Others later told me that is a true story.

sandblasted
09-22-2002, 07:15 PM
Saw a good one today at Lake Silverwood...Waiting in line to put Jetboatrich's boat on his trailer, I'm watching all the yahoo's standing around the dock when all of a sudden a cookie cutter motors up and on the dock...The whole dock lifted in the air and then looked like it might sink, then the brain surgeon put it in reverse, backed off the dock and motored away. I think the people on the dock were kinda of in shock, because it happened so fast...

HighRoller
09-22-2002, 07:29 PM
I've got one I borrowed from my Dad.He used to Captain the HazMat squad for L.A.County Fire at the Castaic Junction station.Needless to say,my dad being a boater for a long time suggested one day they take the squad up to the lake one day and eat lunch there.They arrive to see a guy sitting in the water.Okay,no big deal.Wait,he's sitting in the water 20 feet out from the water's edge between the docks of the ramp.WTF??Is this guy Jesus or something?They walk down and soon see a milky white shape under the guy and start to put 2 and 2 together.Turns out this guy was in a hurry to pull his boat out so when he hopped out of his truck he only set the parking brake and left it in D!Well the parking brake didn't work so hot and the power of his rig idling in gear couldn't keep it from slipping backwards into the water!!!So for some reason he jumps out of his boat and onto the top of the camper shell and into the cab of the truck while it was full of water and puts er in park!Then I guess he was so depressed he climbed back up top and just sat there! eek!

core attitude
09-24-2002, 05:27 PM
As I was loading up one night in Havasue a lady park her husbands brand spanking new, 25-26' Eliminator right next to my truck...on the ramp. Turns out her husband sent her out without putting in the plug and as soon as she realized it was starting to fill, she freaked out because her mother who was in the boat also, couldn't swim. She promptly turned that thing around and came ripping back through the marina full bore. She managed to shut it down before she hit the ramp but the only thing that kept it from sliding all the way out was the drive was still down. You should have seen the look on the husbands face when he came back from parking his rig and saw his new boat sitting up on the ramp. It was second only to the look on his face when he got done yelling at her and she said "well you're the one who forgot to put the plug in!", :D classic!
Pete

ACCEPTENCE
09-24-2002, 06:57 PM
boatnam2:
i think i told this one before but it was a classic.were at lake isabella fishing when all the sudden these three black guys in a flatbottom big motor ot pipes decide to put on a ski show.this is twenty years ago so put a picture of it in your head what it would look like.so the driver drops the skier off on the shore he is a profesional for sure big afro and this red white and blue derby cap,on two skis standing at the edge of the water.driver flips the boat and the skier yells out real loud HIT IT SKI CAT!the driver mashes the throttle one little problem theres still about 25ft of slack in the rope.it was like a dissapering act one minut e he's there the next only a pair of skis and a hat.my dad and i laughed so hard we almost pissed our pants."A pair of skis and a hat" From that I have a visual and am seriously laughin out loud!!! To funny...

Smokin' 72
10-27-2002, 03:48 PM
I was fishing with a friend of the family and my uncle. They had a lot to drink, and I mean a lot. We had about ten 30 packs and twelve pack in the boat. All cans were just kept in the boat. End of the day came and we got skunked. Bill (friend of family) backs the truck in. My uncle loads the bot on, I tied it down (only the front). We both got in the Chevy Love next to Bill. Bill puts it in gear and gasses it. Right back into the water. As water leaks into the truck all I heard was pfffft and bubbls coming from Bill's lap. He cracked beer in the truck. The boat went up side down and all the cans rose to the surface. The cops were called and a motor home pulled us out. The cops asked us how much we had to drink, Bill replied, "A couple." The cop rolled his eyes and chucked the keys in the water. The next day I went diving and recovered most of the tackle and the keys.

MJ19
10-27-2002, 10:07 PM
miller19j:
I was at the lake last weekend pulling my boat out at the launch ramp and a guy in a pickup backs in next to me to pick up his lake lice. He did not have a trailer just the truck so I decided to watch him. He backed that truck into the water until his bed had enough water in it for his buddy to drive the wave runner in. He tried to open his door to help his buddy but could not because of the water resistance. After he pulled out he opened his door drained a couple hundred gallons of water out of the cab closed the tailgate and drove off like nothing happened. My wife and I just looked at each other in astonishment.Miller19j ~ you forgot to mention the comment he made while he backed the truck into the water...the Freaking Backwards guy said in a VERY loud & stupid voice "Uhhh look it's a jet boat ha ha" while reving his engine and spitting water all over the place from his exhaust pipe. Of course the whole crew that was with him didn't help his image much either. :rolleyes:

Riverhound
10-28-2002, 09:12 PM
About 9 years ago I loaned my truck to my sister and here friend so she could tow here Sea Doos to Laughlin. Her truck was in the shop. They are launching at the ramp across from Harrah’s on the A.Z. side. A rental company had just pulled out four Sea Doos on one of those giant muti unit trailers. He gets to the top of the ramp and the trailer comes off the tow vehicle and boogies on down the ramp into the front of my tuck. By the way the trailer was missing a few safety items i.e., safety chain and a properly functioning latch. :confused: Anyway the Sea Doos were not attached to the trailer and went flying everywhere. Hit the truck so hard it pushed it twenty feet into the water and did over $5k damage to the truck. Thankfully my sister and her freind only received minor injuries when they were hit by the truck. They were standing behind the truck unloading when trailer hit. The two people that witnessed it just happened to be off duty cops so it was a slam dunk. They officers ivestigating the accident estimated that the trailer was travleing approximatly 25 to 30 mph upon impact.
The rental companies insurance was kissing our a$$ trying to get us to settle.
Good part of the story is my sister’s friend and I hit it off after meeting over this ordeal,Started dating and have been happily married for seven years. :D :D

Infomaniac
01-10-2009, 02:04 PM
bump