PDA

View Full Version : Al Franken kicks Fox News butt!!

Catmando
08-29-2003, 06:52 AM
A judge laughed Fox News' "trademark-infringement' suit out of court(Al used "Fair and Balanced" in the title of his new book) Lies; and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them; A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right, which is now #1 on amazon.com's book list. "Obnoxus Bill" O'Reilly was the impetus behind this stupid suit.
You GO, Al!!

OGShocker
08-29-2003, 06:57 AM
Catmando:
A judge laughed Fox News' "trademark-infringement' suit out of court(Al used "Fair and Balanced" in the title of his new book) Lies; and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them; A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right, which is now #1 on amazon.com's book list. "Obnoxus Bill" O'Reilly was the impetus behind this stupid suit.
You GO, Al!! You mights wanna edumacate your self a little.
Sorry for the cut and paste but....
From smokinggun.com
Al Franken In Sorry State
Comedian apologizes to Ashcroft for "imprudent attempt at satire"
AUGUST 20--Comedian Al Franken last month wrote an apology letter to Attorney General John Ashcroft, admitting that he was not truthful when he previously sought Ashcroft's views on abstinence.
In June, Franken wrote to Ashcroft seeking the AG's story for "Savin' It," which the performer described as a book "about abstinence programs in our public schools." On its face, the letter (which you'll find below) reads like a joke, with Franken advising Ashcroft to "share a moment when you were tempted to have sex, but were able to overcome your urges through willpower and strength of character. Be funny!" Franken also asked, "Did a young woman ever think you were homosexual just because you wouldn't have sex with her? Be serious!"
Franken's missive, written on letterhead from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, claimed that he had already received abstinence stories from other prominent Republicans, including Condoleezza Rice and Senator Rick Santorum. However, in his July 11 apology, Franken admitted that he had not received those abstinence stories and called his solicitation to Ashcroft, "an imprudent attempt at satire."
The comedian also apologized for writing on Harvard letterhead: "My biggest regret is sending the letter on Shorenstein Center stationery. I can assure you that no one at the Shorenstein Center had knowledge of the letter before I sent it." Franken, who was a fellow at the Kennedy School this spring, added, "I am very embarrassed to have put them in this awkward and difficult position, and I ask you not to hold this against the Center, the Kennedy School, or Harvard in general."
What a good hero for you to have. Oh, wait, there is more...

twistedpair
08-29-2003, 07:01 AM
Al ain't stupid, thats for sure. He had to know that title would get him in trouble with Fox, and look at all the free advertising he got out of it. Had he lost the suit, I bet book sales would be even higher.
As for the content of the book, probably just more liberal PC whining.

Catmando
08-29-2003, 07:04 AM
What does the Ashcroft thing have to do with the Fox thing??? You need to "edumacate" YOURSELF a little. :rolleyes:
Besides, Franken apologized to the school, NOT Asshole Ashcroft.

OGShocker
08-29-2003, 07:10 AM
Al Franken (http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/goto/?getPage=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewashingtonpost%2Ecom%2 Fwp%2Ddyn%2Farticles%2FA56418%2D2003Aug27%2Ehtml&return=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Edrudgereportarchives%2Ec om%2Fdsp%2Fsearch%2Ehtm%3FsearchFor%3Dfranken)
As to your last post. It goes to the character of AL. I think Fox was nuts for filing the suit. But come on, Go Al?

boxscore
08-29-2003, 07:10 AM
NOT Asshole Ashcroft. [/QB]Boy oh boy Cat, there's a sophisticated response. Ever wonder why you're not highly regarded on these boards? Lemme ponder the question.... cuz you're a proven thru and thru dumbass?

twistedpair
08-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Ah, cut him some slack, he's still secretly pining away for Janet Reno! wink :D

boxscore
08-29-2003, 07:15 AM
Hey Twisted... Stop the Janet Reno talk, you're gonna make me damp.

OGShocker
08-29-2003, 07:17 AM
boxscore:
NOT Asshole Ashcroft. Boy oh boy Cat, there's a sophisticated response. Ever wonder why you're not highly regarded on these boards? Lemme ponder the question.... cuz you're a proven thru and thru dumbass? [/QB]He is really a NDJ.
North Dallas Jacka$$.

MagicMtnDan
08-29-2003, 07:39 AM
Catmando, you're a pathetic left wing loser who grasps at anything that can even remotely look like a "win" over the conservatives.
Rooting for Al Franken against Fox is like rooting for the pinata at a birthday party.
Hey Cat-boy, your girl Hillary will run for president in '08 maybe you can contribute your nutsack since you don't have any use for it.

MagicMtnDan
08-29-2003, 07:41 AM
Catmando, I can't wait for your next exciting post. You gonna report on what a stick-in-the-mud Bill Simon is/was?
Or maybe you'll tell us that Arnold smoked pot 25+ years ago?
How about telling us all the good things about Cruz Bustamante?

summerlove
08-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Man oh Man!
I'm stayng OUT of this one!!!!!!

OGShocker
08-29-2003, 08:17 AM
summerlove:
Man oh Man!
I'm stayng OUT of this one!!!!!! Now THAT is some funny stuff! Come on in the water is fine.

summerlove
08-29-2003, 08:23 AM
OGShocker:
Now THAT is some funny stuff! Come on in the water is fine.

OGShocker
08-29-2003, 08:26 AM
summerlove:
OGShocker:
Yea, right! That's what they're telling you at San Onofre too, - come on in, the water is safe, as the two GREAT WHITES circle their dinner. pig_flyi NO WAY!!! LOL I'll start a topic just for you. Hmmmm let's see....hmmmm. :D

summerlove
08-29-2003, 08:39 AM
OGShocker:
summerlove:
OGShocker:
Yea, right! That's what they're telling you at San Onofre too, - come on in, the water is safe, as the two GREAT WHITES circle their dinner. pig_flyi NO WAY!!! LOL I'll start a topic just for you. Hmmmm let's see....hmmmm. :D Hey - I'm not nearly as stupid as the guy in the picture (taken off San Onofre earlier this week)!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/951030825shark.jpg
BTW, CMD is a little over the top, even for me...

ROZ
08-29-2003, 09:33 AM
summerlove:
OGShocker:
summerlove:
OGShocker:
Yea, right! That's what they're telling you at San Onofre too, - come on in, the water is safe, as the two GREAT WHITES circle their dinner. pig_flyi NO WAY!!! LOL I'll start a topic just for you. Hmmmm let's see....hmmmm. :D Hey - I'm not nearly as stupid as the guy in the picture (taken off San Onofre earlier this week)!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/951030825shark.jpg
Yea, the waves weren't even big that day smile_sp

HighRoller
08-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Anybody who tries to tell me Al Franken is credible in any way is an idiot.He's an ultra liberal bomb thrower who flames anyone with an R next to their name no matter what they do.If GW Bush called the sky blue Al Franken would make a lame joke about him being color blind.And as far as his book,I don't remember anything about it getting anywhere near the NY Times best seller list which means when O'Reilly's book comes out Franken will get trampled by people running to buy it.Just like Hilary's book,which spent about 2 hours on the best seller list and is now on the clearance rack at Wal-Mart because nobody is buying it.If you listened to the media,you'd think it was the biggest seller in history when in reality Rush's book sold about 10 times more copies!!!!

Catmando
08-29-2003, 02:57 PM
HighRoller:
Anybody who tries to tell me Al Franken is credible in any way is an idiot.He's an ultra liberal bomb thrower who flames anyone with an R next to their name no matter what they do.If GW Bush called the sky blue Al Franken would make a lame joke about him being color blind.And as far as his book,I don't remember anything about it getting anywhere near the NY Times best seller list which means when O'Reilly's book comes out Franken will get trampled by people running to buy it.Just like Hilary's book,which spent about 2 hours on the best seller list and is now on the clearance rack at Wal-Mart because nobody is buying it.If you listened to the media,you'd think it was the biggest seller in history when in reality Rush's book sold about 10 times more copies!!!! Hahahahahahahaha :D :D :D Lowroller you veddy funny guy! :D :D :D