PDA

View Full Version : Winter "Fix It" list

Wet Dream
10-10-2002, 08:29 PM
It was a great summer and ran about 35 hours on it, took it to 6 different lakes in 3 states and here's the damage report:
Reverse bucket cable
Pump Rebuild (I'm thinking its a little loose)
Rub Rail
Carb rebuild
Bow eyehook
Trailer upgrades
Not too bad I guess.

stucknohio
10-10-2002, 08:31 PM
wet dream do you live close to sewickley?

Wet Dream
10-10-2002, 08:42 PM
Where is that?

stucknohio
10-10-2002, 08:48 PM
10 min nw of pittsburgh right on the river

Wet Dream
10-11-2002, 04:58 AM
I'm about 2 hours from there. I took my boat to the 3 Rivers Regatta this year, was pretty nice, but a lot of crap floating on the river. That water mucks up the hull pretty good.

JetBoatRich
10-11-2002, 05:30 AM
Whens Winter?
Sometime when its get cool, probably Rebuild my Dist.

XTRM22
10-11-2002, 06:10 AM
After the Thanksgiving run, fix my oil leak (Valve cover gaskets), since the exhaust has to come off for that, hopefully some Imco powerflows, then I gotta find my water leak, and have the carb rebuilt. WE put 65 hrs on this season bringing the motor to 310 hours. I might even get crazy and repack the other three wheels on the trailer, one went bad when the brakes hung up.
Chuck :p

AZKC
10-11-2002, 10:23 AM
The Blew Moon is in ICU this winter:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">rebuild bottom end spun #3 & #4 rod bearing <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">send pump to Panther rebuild and repair bowl <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">do some more glass work on stress cracked bottom <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">replace the electric switch panel <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">relocate ft seats on swivel mounts <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">upgrade and paint trailer <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">touch up and buff hull <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">detail motor compartment<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">and if I have time put in a kickin sound system. In reality I'll be happy if I get the f&%(*king thing runnin.... :p
KC
[ October 11, 2002, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

XTRM22
10-11-2002, 01:05 PM
Hey AZKC, what part of Tucson you in? Send me an e-mail, I'll buy you a beer. Ok it's just an excuse for me to go to Hooters but cmon for a free beer? :D
Chuck

Stupid Fast
10-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Buy new(to me) boat and sell my current one. I'm not putting another dime in mine.

mbrown2
10-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Winter List:
Replace speaker
Lab Prop
Find/Fix really slight oil leak
Normal Service
Maybe, Maybe...some Imco Exhaust..(don't tell my wife)..

Stupid Fast
10-11-2002, 01:36 PM
mbrown2:
Maybe, Maybe...some Imco Exhaust..(don't tell my wife)..Tell her that the old manifolds cracked and the imco is cheeper than mercruiser stock.(if she cathces wind) :D

SchellSchock
10-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Put 45 hrs on boat this summer. 150 Total for 3 years of use. So winter fix is:
1. Change oil..(never mind)...
...(second thought)......
1. Pull Vette 427 out of pick up truck and transplant into boat.
3. Up life insurance policy,...
(if the wife doesn't kill me the speed might)

mbrown2
10-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Stupid Fast:
mbrown2:
Maybe, Maybe...some Imco Exhaust..(don't tell my wife)..Tell her that the old manifolds cracked and the imco is cheeper than mercruiser stock.(if she cathces wind) :D LOL...I like it!

sandblasted
10-11-2002, 05:57 PM
JetBoatRich:
Whens Winter?
Sometime when its get cool, probably Rebuild my Dist.Drain the water out of the block before it freezes..yes, in this part of California we actually get freezing weather...

Jet Junk
10-11-2002, 08:06 PM
Although I've only had it since July and have already replaced the motor, here are my planned upgrades for this winter:
-Replace factory gauge panel with anodized aluminum using auto-meter ultralite gauges(finished this evening)
-fix 2 small scrapes in bottom and several small stress cracks (in progress)
-install roller cam and port heads
-convert from 3pt to 4pt mount.
-powdercoat everything that will fit in our curing over(in progress)
-Disassemble entire boat and completely re-finish gel coat.(all disassembled)
-replace carpet since I got it out.
-re-plumb cooling system with braided lines
-paint pump
-build billet step plates
that's about it

beyondhelpin
10-11-2002, 11:05 PM
Instead of draining the manifolds Boaters World has a setup for flushing your block, manifolds ect with 5 gallons of RV antifreeze. (About 2 bucks a gallon) Works great. Start motor, warmup till thermostat opens then open valve on antifreeze container done in about 15 minutes altogether and you never even have to open the engine hatch. Now if I want to take it out after I have winterized I dont sweat it and just take it out.

JetBoatRich
10-12-2002, 06:37 AM
sandblasted:
JetBoatRich:
Whens Winter?
Sometime when its get cool, probably Rebuild my Dist.Drain the water out of the block before it freezes..yes, in this part of California we actually get freezing weather...Greg everyone should go in and get your boat a electric blanket for that boat for your Birthday. Too bad you can't move it inside some where.
My brother in-law cracked his block years ago up here from water left in the block, not good.
[ October 12, 2002, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]