PDA

View Full Version : goddamn drunk drivers

hoolign
04-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Yet another case of a drunk walking away injury free,thursday night a buddy of mine was ridin his new Harley and some ****in drunk blew an intersection,my bud lost one leg and might lose the other,just a reminder summer is comming ,the parties are startin,use some common sense,I've got a brother in law paralized from a drunk,3 dead buddies from drunks,and now this,people will spend a pile of cah gettin pissed then cheap out on a cab :mad:

Tom Brown
04-28-2003, 11:15 AM
That's a scary story. It makes me want to drive a Suburban.
Your buddy has my best wishes.

Kilrtoy
04-28-2003, 11:32 AM
DONT ASK HOSS ABOUT THIS ONE HE THINKS ITS OK TO DRINK AND DRIVE....sORRY TO HEAR THAT, THAT IS AWEFUL...

HammerDown
04-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Hate hearing news like that...I've been a Harley rider for almost 30 years. Any more it's a real gamble just going for a ride. Cell Phones havent helped the situation either.
[ April 28, 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

HCS
04-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Driving like an asshole sucks! drinking and driving like a asshole really sucks!!!
I hope your bud recovers fully. Best wishes. frown

Her454
04-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Im sorry to hear that. Driving home from Havasu yesterday the traffic was extremely heavy. They had the Laughlin Run and there were bikes all the way back from Havasu to Sacramento and I cant believe how many times I almost saw them getting wiped out from innattention alone, much less drinking and driving.

Seadog
04-28-2003, 01:18 PM
The idiots on the road is the reason I gave up bikes. My uncle had his foot bones fused together and I rolled across the hood of one too many Cadillacs driven by blind old women.

HOSS
04-29-2003, 06:34 AM
I do not condone drinking and driving. I do it sometimes and shouldn`t. I been caught for it and recieved a DWI. I`ve never been in a car wreck while drunk. Have had 2 speeding tickets my entire life! And am now 35 years of age.
Sorry to hear about this hoolign.
Kilrtoy I`ll deal with you on MY thread.
Again hoolign, sorry for your bud bro!
[ April 29, 2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

hoolign
04-29-2003, 07:20 AM
I think pretty much everyone has had a few and drove I'm no exeption,but here's a big difference between having three beers at lunch,and getting pissed,granted if you get in a wreck it won't matter if you had one or ten,you're at fault,I can't fathom the guilt that would be involved if
I mamed or killed someone because I cheaped out on a cab,If I go out to get pissed,the vehicles stay at home!I sold my harley ten years ago,because thre's just to many knotheads on the road.When I go boating i'd rather just smoke one and float with the tunes on!
Thanx for the kudos for my bud,and on a side note
have a safe summer

superdave013
04-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Sorry to hear about that.
When it comes time I can put him in touch with someone that might be able to help him out.
I met a guy who makes the legs and arms for people just like him. This guy lost his leg above the knee in a bike wreck when he was 18.
He raced for years on the US disabled downhill snowski team. Now he's into downhill mountain biking. Rides scary fast on the steep shit with a false leg. Who knows, he might be able to help your friend.
Again, sorry to hear.

hoolign
04-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Thanx SD, I'll pass that on when the time is right

Dyce51
04-29-2003, 10:38 AM
damn dude thats sucks...give your buddy my best..pretty much the same thing happened to a buddy of mine but the docs saved his leg...now he pops pain killers all day and walks with a cane. and the leg will never be the same..I hate to hear shit like that.. A cab only costs a couple of bucks but a life or a limb are priceless...I hope the drunk was caught and properly prosecuted..