PDA

View Full Version : Gel Coat Repair?: Lake Havasu

bear down
06-02-2003, 07:22 AM
I need to have a thumb sized gash repaired on my boat in Lake Havasu. I have my boat stored at Campbell Boat storage, should I have them fix it now that it's there or are there any other any gel coat companies that can pick up my boat and fix it for me by this Friday? Here is a pic. A boats Tow hook nailed my boat at the sandbar.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/328Dsc00617-med.jpg Thanks

SCUBA STEVE
06-02-2003, 07:49 AM
That sucks!! As I am learning the hard way, shit is always going to happen no matter what you do to prevent it. I am going in for a few minor gel repairs after the season ends.
Everyone here will steer you towards Havasu Barney. Dont know about the lead time though.
[ June 02, 2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

superdave013
06-02-2003, 07:51 AM
Havasu Barney
1950 Commander Drive #106
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
928-505-8678
http://www.havasubarney.com/AdminSite/ImageUploads/med_Ra_10_11_2002_33603_PM.jpg

bear down
06-02-2003, 07:56 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
That sucks!! As I am learning the hard way, shit is always going to happen no matter what you to to prevent it. I am going in for a few minor gel repairs after the season ends.
Everyone here will steer you towards Havasu Barney. Dont know about the lead time though. It's so funny that you said that Steve, My wife and I came to an understanding this weekend about the boat. She was really pissed and angry that the gouge happened and was hot tempered at everyone for "Letting" it happen, but we realized that that if we can get out of the trip with zero damage to the boat, we're pretty lucky. Having so many people come with us to the river is going to cause some issues to occur with the boat. She is becoming better at understanding and so am I. Thanks for the heads up.

Cole
06-02-2003, 08:00 AM
Havasu barney....he does great work!!!
928-505-8678

SCUBA STEVE
06-02-2003, 08:00 AM
bear down, are you going to be out in havasu this coming weekend? Mrs Scuba and I will be at the sandbar on Saturday mid morning.

bear down
06-02-2003, 08:07 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
bear down, are you going to be out in havasu this coming weekend? Mrs Scuba and I will be at the sandbar on Saturday mid morning. No were not, we just got back from back 2 back trips. We're flying to Vegas for my sis' in laws b-day this weekend, we might go dirt bike riding saturday morning then leave to our flight in the afternoon from Ontario, but we are going the weekend of 6-14 and 6-21 for OP6. We definitley need to hook up and get the ladies introduced, it's always nice to have more friends. The sandbar was off the hook, I will post some wild pics tonight.

SCUBA STEVE
06-02-2003, 08:18 AM
wow your a busy guy. we'll see you for op6 then. I have to stay in town for fathers day weekend.

TrojanDan
06-02-2003, 08:21 AM
bear down:
She was really pissed and angry that the gouge happened and was hot tempered at everyone for "Letting" it happenThere's nothing like watching a "newbie" on your boat move their arm away or do nothing as you're approaching a dock/slip/another boat at idle speed. :mad: What the hell? Do they think boats have disc brakes? Oh well, see if they're invited again.
Like Scuba Steve said, shits going to happen owning a boat. If your damage wasn't so noticeable, I would just say repair it at the end of the season (along with the other "battle wounds").
:cool:

Lakeshow
06-02-2003, 08:59 AM
Fiberglass Reformations in Lake Havasu City. They made several repairs on my DCB and I am very happy.

Tom Slick
06-02-2003, 10:23 AM
Boat Body Repair is the name of the place. Quick turn around.
Lake Havasu City

bear down
06-02-2003, 11:56 AM
TrojanDan:
bear down:
She was really pissed and angry that the gouge happened and was hot tempered at everyone for "Letting" it happenThere's nothing like watching a "newbie" on your boat move their arm away or do nothing as you're approaching a dock/slip/another boat at idle speed. :mad: What the hell? Do they think boats have disc brakes? Oh well, see if they're invited again.
Like Scuba Steve said, shits going to happen owning a boat. If your damage wasn't so noticeable, I would just say repair it at the end of the season (along with the other "battle wounds").
:cool: Usually I would let any type of battle would wait till the end of the season. But this gouge is way too noticable to fix at the end of the season. The tough part about the gouge was that it was totally avoidable. Just live and learn, the good thing is that it did chip the part of the paint that had the blue/orange/grey portion of the boat. I gave Havasu Barney a call he going to let me know the estimate.