PDA

View Full Version : The Terminator Announces His Candidacy...

LakesOnly
08-06-2003, 04:23 PM
...in an earlier taping today for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
It will be broadcast tonight....
LO
[ August 06, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: LakesOnly ]

Havasu Cig
08-06-2003, 04:25 PM
I like Arnold, but i worry that he is a closet liberal. I heard he is pro gun control :rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
08-06-2003, 04:29 PM
I don't think he would give us more new gun laws. When I was in H.S. I used to be a puller up at the Oak Tree Gun Club and he was there shooting trap all the time.
[ August 06, 2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Mandelon
08-06-2003, 04:30 PM
How ironic if the Terminator really is in favor of gun control...maybe he just wants us to be better shots. That is good gun control. :D

Outnumbered
08-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Havasu Cig:
I like Arnold, but i worry that he is a closet liberal. I heard he is pro gun control :rolleyes: Any moderate Republican would be better than Davis. You have to remember how liberal most of Cali is. If you get someone too conservative there is no way he will win. A moderate Republican is better than any Dem in by opinion. But lets give him a chance to state his views. I don't think most of us know all that much about him.
I guess there is some hope :D
Go Arnold
OL

MagicMtnDan
08-06-2003, 05:05 PM
I'm worried that Arnold is a RINO ("Republican In Name Only") and won't be as strong as we need him to be (we need someone who has the courage to cut spending and get this state back on the road to fiscal recovery).
Take a look at his wife and her lineage. She's from one of the most Democratic of families in this country's history. And from what I hear the "Termninator" is not the "dominator" at his house.
Scary thing is there are over 200 people running for governor and the list is growing daily. Because of his name, he has to be the leading candidate (sorry Hoss) and he stands a great chance of being our next governor. I only hope he's up to the task.
It will be fun to watch Gray Davis' shredding machine (election campaign) get a hold of Arnold - whatever skeletons he has in his closet will soon be out for everyone to see. This is gonna be interesting!

spectratoad
08-06-2003, 05:31 PM
Dan ow true that is. Unfortunately after Clinton you really need to also look at the homefront. I am sure that the wives of all the Presidents had some say in their husbands decisions but it seems to be getting more so lately. I don't see it with Bush and this is only a Governorship but it all plays the same. My .02

HOSS
08-06-2003, 05:54 PM
I understand MagicDAN, but just because his wife is from the Kennedy family ain`t really shit. Arnold as a man I fear. Arnold as a business man,,,ahhh I have alot of respect. Joe Weilder(Weidder-can`t get it BudLight) :p as a business man, I fear. Joe took Arnold and made him, exploited him, turned him into some serious cash return and lead him on the right path. On his own as governor? Come on bra. Better vote for me. Or the chick with the huge tits. Even with age and that pink Corvette I`d lay some severe pipe.

jus a baker
08-06-2003, 06:25 PM
you guys are lucky, mabey he will do you some good, i d take him over our RINO (thaks dan) thank god i dont live i CA

SoCalOffshore
08-06-2003, 06:30 PM
""Vote for me if you want to live" Arnold's new campaign slogan. As far as gun control goes, I exercise gun control every time I shoot and hit my target!

Trailer Park Casanova
08-06-2003, 06:41 PM
MagicMtnDan:
It will be fun to watch Gray Davis' shredding machine (election campaign) get a hold of Arnold - whatever skeletons he has in his closet will soon be out for everyone to see. This is gonna be interesting! Yes it is, that says it all.
It's now between Arnold and Davis if anyone likes it or not.
I'll take Arnold.
I think Arnold will win it easily.
Under Davis, I'll be paying over $1500 in car registrations next year.
HOSS:
I've been told car and truck registrations are flat rate for all vehicles in Louisiana, and pretty low. Any truth to that? How much is it?
In Calif it varies on Vehicle value, and is high.
[ August 06, 2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

40oz'nHO's
08-06-2003, 06:48 PM
Its a tough call, Arnold or Flynt. What the hell, I would vote for a crack ho if it would get Davis out.

Outnumbered
08-06-2003, 07:16 PM
One step at a time guys. You can't have someone too conservative come into the race and expect to win. Don't forget that Davis won the seat he is in now. That shows you what type of voters we are dealing with. I don't think its realistic to expect a super conservative Republican to win in this state, its just too liberal here. If Arnold is only half the Republican we have heard he is than we are taking steps in the right direction. We need to back Arnold up or we're gonna be stuck with tripple car registration, illegals having drivers licenses, and astronomical deficits.
OL

HOSS
08-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Yes Casanova you are correct. I wouldn`t dare single out wieghts or values for anything. It does however go by BlueBook for registration/title transfers. You can donate 1 time every year to family members for no tax. I`ll do the same there in Cali. All I need is to back establish my residency for 6. I`m sure we can do that with someone here.
Hey Cali,,,,don`t be a loser again.
Just another tip from you know who.

Hallett19
08-06-2003, 08:13 PM
I heard Arnie on Conway and Steckler tonight on 97.1 talking about what he did today. Blah Blah Blah, he got the ok, but other than that, I think he has some good ideas, his priorities are to get the movies back in Cali, good idea, we are loosing SOOOOO much money to Canada, its gross. He has the conviction to get things like this to happen. He is going to put the school system on its feet, as opposed to the gutter its laying in now. Obviously the guy has the name, that alone will get him many many votes, but people know he is not some greedy bastard making decisions to crash and burn the economy. He is strong and fierce when it comes to talking about what he believes in, Davis cracks like a thin sheet of glass the second the camera hits him and he is a weak pansie and I cant WAIT to see him gone. About this Darrell Issa guy, I'm curious to see what he pulls out, after all he is the one who got the ball rolling and bank rolled the recall. Riordon isnt running if Arnie did, smart man. All the other candidates arent shit, Issa and Schwarzenegger, I think, are going to be the two to watch. Wheewwww, I'm done.

HOSS
08-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Just watched Lenno. I am bowing out. Arnold is a solid. I`d vote for him. Give him ashot. Like he said, " No one can pay me off, I have plenty of money". That`s honest. Call it grass roots. I call it plain ol honesty. Thats you guy people. He wants you to have the stae again like ya`ll did in the 60`s, 70`s ,80`s and lost it in the 90`s. Why do you think so many moved there? I wanted to but didn`t. **** gangs, **** punks with no respect for anyone, **** you if you don`t like me. Take it back,,,its yours anyway. I`m goin ` to bed. **** Bud Light and Winston.

You Te
08-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Piss on Arnold
You Te

RiverToysJas
08-06-2003, 08:26 PM
I need to see how I can get a Go Arnold sign for my front yard!!! wink
RTJas :D

gnarley
08-06-2003, 08:35 PM
This should be fun to watch... The TERMINATOR vers Mister Rogers... LMAO

mbrown2
08-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Go AHnold...Terminate Davis... :)

Kilrtoy
08-06-2003, 08:52 PM
WRONG
all he did was put it back to where it was originally. Remember he was the one who reduced it to begin with......
Arnold, no thanks
Larry took a bullet for his beliefs and still has yet to back down, He has MY VOTE

Trailer Park Casanova
08-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Kilrtoy:
WRONG
all he did was put it back to where it was originally. Remember he was the one who reduced it to begin with......
Arnold, no thanks
Larry took a bullet for his beliefs and still has yet to back down, He has MY VOTE Davis bragged of legislation that won't allow the state to use registration money for balanceing the budget in the same breath he took credit for lowering registration Fees.
The guy is all hot air.
Another phony, something for nothing Democrat.
Only those on the public watering trough support him.

Essex502
08-07-2003, 05:39 AM
But how does Arnie stand on boating laws and regulations? Especially the proposed noise bill working its way through congress?

XClutchboy725
08-07-2003, 06:01 AM
I guess we should rename the office of GOVERNOR to GOVERNATOR :D :D :D

Coach
08-07-2003, 06:10 AM
Go Arnold!!!
He is 1 of 511 candiates (as of this morning) that are running. Which tells me everone thinks they can run the state better that Gray Davis. Rather than man up to his mistakes he is pushing lawsuit after lawsuit trying to delay and stop the recall. What is really pissing me off is in the new CA "Budget" there is money being used to fight the recall. :mad: The dumbass got himself in the mess he should pay for it himself. Issa and and many others have created web sites and had many donations to get the ball rolling on the recall and have made it happen. That little bastard Gray is still using OUR money to pay for his fight. I never have voted for you so don't use my tax paying money. Rescue California (http://www.rescuecalifornia.com/) Recall Gray Davis (http://www.recallgraydavis.com)

Catmando
08-07-2003, 07:03 AM
Ahhhnold for Gov., Flynt for Lite Gov.

MagicMtnDan
08-07-2003, 07:17 AM
Catmando:
Ahhhnold for Gov., Flynt for Lite Gov. I was prepared to accept Arnold as our next governor (even if he is a RINO - he's the only chance for the liberal voters who dominate this state) until I saw that Catmando endorses Arnold. Now that truly scares me. Cat, can't you endorse Angelyne? Please?

You Te
08-07-2003, 07:21 AM
Piss on Arnold.
You Te

MagicMtnDan
08-07-2003, 07:22 AM
We need some more ideas for Arnold bumper stickers. I like some of the ideas in this thread - got any others?
"Governator"
"Vote for me if you want to live"
"Terminate Davis"

Dave C
08-07-2003, 07:22 AM
You guys are right, Arnold is very moderate. But like you said, only a moderate republican can be elected in California.
Pete Wilson, the last Republican Governor was a moderate too.
I think all the others names are irrelevant.
Its Arnold vs. Davis. I hope Davis gets terminated. (and I hope there are not too many puns either)

Dave C
08-07-2003, 07:26 AM
Arnold said on TV once when they asked him about the funniest thing he had ever seen... his reply was the "the look on the face of Maria (Shriver's) family when they found out he was a republican"
Simon was more of a true conservative but he had his ass handed to him. Although he was kind of a novice and no match for a seasoned veteran like Davis.

bigq
08-07-2003, 07:53 AM
Dave C:
Arnold said on TV once when they asked him about the funniest thing he had ever seen... his reply was the "the look on the face of Maria (Shriver's) family when they found out he was a republican"
Simon was more of a true conservative but he had his ass handed to him. Although he was kind of a novice and no match for a seasoned veteran like Davis. I wouldn't say he had his ass handed to him.

eliminatedsprinter
08-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Kilrtoy:
WRONG
Arnold, no thanks
Larry took a bullet for his beliefs and still has yet to back down, He has MY VOTE Davis did not reduce the car tax. That was done by Wilson. It was a multi year reduction and some of it went into effect under Davis, but he can not be credited with doing any of it.
P.S. The boat, the bike, and the wife look great. Is the boat a shockwave and was it featured in reader rides in ***boat?
[ August 07, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

eliminatedsprinter
08-07-2003, 08:27 AM
Old Lavey:
One step at a time guys. You can't have someone too conservative come into the race and expect to win. Don't forget that Davis won the seat he is in now. That shows you what type of voters we are dealing with. I don't think its realistic to expect a super conservative Republican to win in this state, its just too liberal here. If Arnold is only half the Republican we have heard he is than we are taking steps in the right direction. We need to back Arnold up or we're gonna be stuck with tripple car registration, illegals having drivers licenses, and astronomical deficits.
OL This is correct. It does not take a rocket scientist to fix what is wrong out here, just a responsible adult. All the gov has to do is pressure the legislature to pass some real workmans comp reform that will bring Ca's rates more in line with the rest of the nation's. Then have the guts to veto all of the nutty spending increases, tax hikes, and restrictions they will undoubtably keep trying to pass and in a few years our economy will catch up.
Of course, the workmans comp issue is the toughest challenge, because he will have a legislature that is largely corrupt and anti business to deal with. However, due to his star status and the national attention he would recieve, he would have a bully pulpit like no other gov has ever had. And at the present time there are still enough republicians in the legislature to protect his vetos from overides.
P.S. I know these are not Ca's only issues, but by doing the above he could show Ca to have some responsible leadership and thus make it much more likely that our state could get help by the feds etc in other areas, ie education money etc. Right now, if I ran the Federal Gov, I would not help Ca with one dime of tax money, because under our current leadership it would just be throwing away good money after bad.
[ August 07, 2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

08-07-2003, 08:47 AM
Ahhhhhnold....maybe we will get another Jesse Ventura. I'd vote for Atilla The Hun if it would get Davis packing.

Haullen270
08-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Arnold has my Vote! He's the man! Arnold is a no bullshit type of guy. Lean and mean. I am sure he could whip this state into shape. He won't even have to take bribes, he almost has more money than God.
Go Arnold!

Hallett19
08-07-2003, 11:43 AM
He's "The Running Man" and this is the "Total Recall"

eliminatedsprinter
08-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Davis is going to be hanged by the Austrian Oak. :D :D :D :D :D
[ August 07, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

You Te
08-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Piss on Arnold!
You Te

Freak
08-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Arnold may be another waste of your state's time. Don’t get me wrong I like the guy but for the next gov to whip your state into shape, he is going to be hated by many.
If he is done with the movie making than it is possible. You need to find out if he has good people in consideration for his "team". That will make or break him. Consultant's from private industry would be best. They have nothing to gain or loose politically. They are just there to do a job.
If he is not done with movies and does not assemble a good "team" then I dont think he will do what is needed to the state budget because he will not want piss off a bunch of powerful people who have agenda's of their own....

oldphart
08-07-2003, 03:48 PM
unfortunatly I don't think we will ever get to vote Arnold in. I personally think that just before the election when its obvious that Davis is flamin he's going to resign and hand the governership to Bustimonte another bought off liberal clown and we are going to be right back in the same shit we are trying to climb out of now!

eliminatedsprinter
08-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Oldphart
That could of happened before the petitions were counted. But now, even if he quits, the recall vote takes place and a new replacement is selected by the voters. Back in 1910 we must of had a legislature who still believed in that tired old notion of thinking things through, because they anticipated that political party hacks would think of this move. :D :D :D
[ August 07, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

MagicMtnDan
08-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Freak:
If he is done with the movie making than it is possible. Don't bet on it. Arnold could easily make a movie while he's governor as long as he's not gone out of state for long periods of time. Trust me, if they're making T4 and he's in it then he can find a way to make a movie while governor. It will be even easier if things are going well and a chimpanzee could do better than Gray Davis.

BoatFloating
08-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Kilrtoy:
WRONG
Arnold, no thanks
Larry took a bullet for his beliefs and still has yet to back down, He has MY VOTE Kiltroy, I hope you do a little more home work before you go and vote. The tripling of the car tax is just that 3X, so if you pay $500 a year now expect to pay $1500 next year. It wasn't Davis that lowered the tax it was Gov Wilson and it took affect durning Davis's term. Remember Davis is the one who said he wouldn't raise it, guess what he did. He said a couple months ago he wouldn't support illegals getting drivers license's, now since he wants the hispanic vote he now is pushing for it to be law. Look in the dictionary you will see ***** = Pay for Vote Davis
[ August 07, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: BoatFloating ]

Freak
08-08-2003, 03:27 AM
MagicMtnDan:
Freak:
If he is done with the movie making than it is possible. Don't bet on it. Arnold could easily make a movie while he's governor as long as he's not gone out of state for long periods of time. Trust me, if they're making T4 and he's in it then he can find a way to make a movie while governor. It will be even easier if things are going well and a chimpanzee could do better than Gray Davis. I agree but that is not what I was trying to say. If he is still making movies I don't think he will do what needs to be done in fear of pissing off some high profile movie people.

Jbb
08-08-2003, 03:35 AM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/10992.jpg

Rexone
08-08-2003, 03:41 AM
Car tax dealio... just seems a little strange to me that most other states can get by with far less reg. fees per vehicle than this and most with far less cars to tax. It's a bs deal with Davis just grabbing for anything he can.
I heard recently through the grapevine that there's a recent osha directive too, to fine hard and fine heavy for anything and everything. Like within the last month or so. Nice biz climate there Grayboy. If I could easily leave Ca I would in a heartbeat. Those who can already are.
ok that's my political rant for the month :D

eliminatedsprinter
08-08-2003, 09:20 AM
Florida
$60 per year car registration fee.
6% sales tax
No state income tax.
Better roads and infrastructure than CA.
Better maintained parks than CA.
Better schools than CA.
Much higher bond rating.
Etc, etc, etc....
They have their share of problems, but at least their state has somewhat responsible adult leadership. Davis has handed control of this state over to a handfull of loons....

You Te
08-08-2003, 12:24 PM
Piss on Arnold.
You Te

MagicMtnDan
08-08-2003, 04:12 PM
You Te:
Piss on Arnold.
You Te Three words for you: Piss on you.

Jbb
08-11-2003, 03:08 AM
A few Arnold campaign posters...
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/11135.jpg
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/11092.jpg
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/11091.jpg
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/11090.jpg
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/11089.jpg

Freak
08-11-2003, 03:31 AM
I don't know so clue me in...What is wrong with Simon? Also, Arnold has no answers to any key issues does that now worry the people of CA?